Any interest in Rafael Betancourt???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Any interest in Rafael Betancourt???

He was Placed on revocable waivers by the rockies and would probably require something of value in terms of a trade, most likely a mid to upper level prospect. Betancourt was solid this year before going on the DL for a month with a groin injury.. Before the injury he had a 3.54 ERA with 8.7 K/9 and 3.5 BB/9 in 28 innings.  Could be a nice peice in the BP if we can manage to muster up a trade for him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Any interest in Rafael Betancourt???

I have been a fan of Betancourt's since he was a young player signed by the Sox went on to play for Cleveland. I don't think I would give up much for him--perhaps Sean Coyle or Terry Doyle--someone at that level.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Absolutely. Solid relief pitcher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I would take him. I remember years ago he had major elbow surgery but has been a very effective reliever since then.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

No, every 3rd of 4th game, he blows up. I know, he's on my fantasy team and I would rather have Rex Brothers who was demoted to set up once he came back. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

No, every 3rd of 4th game, he blows up. I know, he's on my fantasy team and I would rather have Rex Brothers who was demoted to set up once he came back. 

He would clearly be an upgrade over Villarreal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd look at the price tag, but mostly I agree.  I've had him on my teams on and off for several years, pretty effectively.  But he's 38 and his stats have all weakened.  FB is at an alltime low of 89.9.  ERA of 6.75 since 5/25.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Just watched him blow the save and game vs. the Phils. His stuff looked very mediocre. Pass. We really need to avoid these kind of past their prime guys.

Stabbed by Foulke.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Just watched him blow the save and game vs. the Phils. His stuff looked very mediocre. Pass. We really need to avoid these kind of past their prime guys.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Down to one game sample sizes again, I see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

He will be forever remembered as the guy who gave up THE home run to Pedroia in the eighth inning of game 7. I'll never forget it as long as I live, its one of my all time favorite baseball memories. That was the moment I knew for sure the Sox were going to win the whole thing, and there was no doubt about it. In my mind, that was the moment they won the World Series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

moon - I'm going to call you out on this one big time knocking dgalehouse and myself referring to one or a couple of sample sizes. I'll ask you these questions:

1. Have you watched him or followed him? Obviously you haven't and we have.

2. As we both have said either by following him daily or watching him and not just bringing up a sample size, he's not effective.

I can tell you this morning that there is reason why our observations are correct: He blew out his elbow last night, probably tearing his UCL. For us knowledge baseball fans, we aren't bringing up a small sample size. We are able to tell by watching him that he wouldn't be worth it, and guess what he isn't.

His MRI today will reveal that he has a torn ligament and will probably never pitch in the majors again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I see Brian Wilson closed for the Dodgers last night. That was fast, threw, signed and contribute. Wish Sox took the chance on him instead.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

moon - I'm going to call you out on this one big time knocking dgalehouse and myself referring to one or a couple of sample sizes. I'll ask you these questions:

1. Have you watched him or followed him? Obviously you haven't and we have.

2. As we both have said either by following him daily or watching him and not just bringing up a sample size, he's not effective.

I can tell you this morning that there is reason why our observations are correct: He blew out his elbow last night, probably tearing his UCL. For us knowledge baseball fans, we aren't bringing up a small sample size. We are able to tell by watching him that he wouldn't be worth it, and guess what he isn't.

His MRI today will reveal that he has a torn ligament and will probably never pitch in the majors again.

[/QUOTE]

The guy is 38 years old. Past his prime. Watching him pitch , you could see that he was not throwing very well, small sample size notwithstanding.  Based on what I saw, I did not think it was worth trading for him. I am sure the scouts saw the same thing. Moonslav just likes to get in his little digs.

Sections
Shortcuts