any lip readers out there?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lives2ski. Show lives2ski's posts

any lip readers out there?

Lackey pitched to his season average, 6IP, 4 runs a 6.0 ERA for the game.  But he sure was muttering even before Francona arrived on the mound and continued to do so all the way to the dugout.  I am guessing he wasn't complimenting Francona for making the decision to pull him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bootis4745. Show bootis4745's posts

Re: any lip readers out there?

Yes, not only did I read his lips, I read his mind also.

He thought and said. " Gee I really hated Boston before I got here, I still hate this team, so why did I really come here anyway?

It is very clear that Lackey not only has a control problem with pitches, but also with his temper and his anger.

He is consistent though, he gives up his typical 3-5 runs in the first couple of innings, meets his 6+ ERA quota, then has his team-mates (the ones he hates) bail him out so he gets a Big "W" beside his name.

Many call this "Keeping His Team In The Game". I call it Fraud.

He Stinks and has since he got here.

Mr. Lackey the feelings are mutual, most of us don't like you either.

In Response to any lip readers out there?:
    Lackey pitched to his season average, 6IP, 4 runs a 6.0 ERA for the game.  But he sure was muttering even before Francona arrived on the mound and continued to do so all the way to the dugout.  I am guessing he wasn't complimenting Francona for making the decision to pull him.
    Posted by fa772c1e5be3ed788c80943a5f2b233d

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompitt. Show tompitt's posts

That is why the manager has to be replaced.  He continues to allow such disparagement of him (Francona) as well as team players by Lackey whenever things don't go his way.  I was not a macho manager at all in my ball playing days, but the only way to deal with that kind of junk is to confront the player in the dugout (ask him if he had something he wanted to say to you or the players and if he did not back off then 'suggest' he go take an immediate shower and think about the situation and how he might have handled in a different way.  Francona's a very decent guy, but very unimaginative (according to "experts").  The owners do not pay over a hundred and eighty million dollars out each year for relatively unproductive "professionals" whose primary focus appears to be on building their own reputation and blaming others when it is convenient. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: any lip readers out there?:
       That is why the manager has to be replaced.  He continues to allow such disparagement of him (Francona) as well as team players by Lackey whenever things don't go his way.  I was not a macho manager at all in my ball playing days, but the only way to deal with that kind of junk is to confront the player in the dugout (ask him if he had something he wanted to say to you or the players and if he did not back off then 'suggest' he go take an immediate shower and think about the situation and how he might have handled in a different way.  Francona's a very decent guy, but very unimaginative (according to "experts").  The owners do not pay over a hundred and eighty million dollars out each year for relatively unproductive "professionals" whose primary focus appears to be on building their own reputation and blaming others when it is convenient. 
    Posted by tompitt

Can you say that he didn't?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i dont know why Francona let him start the 7th at all, give Aceves a clean inning and we probably win in 9 instead of burning the the entire bulpen to go 14

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

what really matters, if Lester has to pitch Wednesday, Lackey gets game 1 of the playoffs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm pretty anti-Lackey, but think he pitched well yesterday.  Terry had every reason to pull him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

He was pulled with his pitch count at about 86 after allowing what should have been a groundball to secondbase for an easy out ( except that with the shift on for a lefty it rolled weakly into centerfield).
    He was not showing signs of fatigue nor was he getting shelled.

Why pull him out? I would have been muttering too.

Why take Gonzalez out for a pinch runner and possibly lose him if the game goes to extra innings?... and it did.

Why remove Aceves with 2 out and no one on base for Daniel Bard ( another righty)?

Why take Lowrie (swinging a hot bat all night ) out for pinch runner Aviles?

The game was loaded with questionable managerial moves by Francona. I normally don't criticize him much, but I think he micro-managed the game to an extreme, making unnecessary substitutions for no sensible reason.

But, the most questionable move Francona continues to make is starting Wakefield , so that Saltalmacchia can get a full workout chasing wild pitches , no wonder Salty isn't doing much hitting, the poor guy has to be worn out!...Wakefield has his 200 win, time to replace him with a real pitcher, this knuckleball stuff is not fooling anybody...except maybe our young catcher.

Yesterday the team won a game in spite of Francona , not because of him. I really like the guy, but he sometimes drives me crazy!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He was pulled with his pitch count at about 86 after allowing what should have been a groundball to secondbase for an easy out ( except that with the shift on for a lefty it rolled weakly into centerfield). He was not showing signs of fatigue nor was he getting shelled. Why pull him out? I would have been muttering too. Why take Gonzalez out for a pinch runner and possibly lose him if the game goes to extra innings?... and it did. Why remove Aceves with 2 out and no one on base for Daniel Bard ( another righty)? Why take Lowrie (swinging a hot bat all night ) out for pinch runner Aviles? The game was loaded with questionable managerial moves by Francona. I normally don't criticize him much, but I think he micro-managed the game to an extreme, making unnecessary substitutions for no sensible reason. But, the most questionable move Francona continues to make is starting Wakefield , so that Saltalmacchia can get a full workout chasing wild pitches , no wonder Salty isn't doing much hitting, the poor guy has to be worn out!...Wakefield has his 200 win, time to replace him with a real pitcher, this knuckleball stuff is not fooling anybody...except maybe our young catcher. Yesterday the team won a game in spite of Francona , not because of him. I really like the guy, but he sometimes drives me crazy!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Great post and you make some very good points.  Wakefield has pitched too many games this year and really shouldn't have been  starting a few weeks ago.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: any lip readers out there? : Great post and you make some very good points.  Wakefield has pitched too many games this year and really shouldn't have been  starting a few weeks ago.   
    Posted by susan250

Thank you.

It is nice to hear that someone other than myself sees the lunacy of sending Wakefield to start a game.

He has been a wonderful teammate and a great human being, I honestly love the guy as a person. It pains me somewhat to say these things. But, he is no help to this team right now and I think he really, really should consider retirement. He had a great career.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Posted by tompitt

Do you maybe think he was pissed off at himself and talking out loud about it? Iknow i have done that myself a few times.Unless you know what he did say and to who,shut up and stop thinking . Also Lackey was laughing moments later if you did catch that? He said she said know it all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: any lip readers out there? : Lloyd, if it didn't happen in front of the camera it didn't happen. You know how it goes on here. Just like the Red Sox have not had a team meeting since the first one in Fort Myers this year. Francona never addresses the team...if he did there would be video of it and we would hear every word (sarcasm)
    Posted by thepeskypole6

You had me, Johnny ... I was all set to respond until I saw your last word.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

Zilla, I have to agree with you 100% on your posts. I admit, I've been a Wake supporter for years, but I too have grown tired of knowing the other team is going to score at least 5 runs before the the 6th inning. I especially agree with you on Francona's pinched running for Lowrie. I mean, is Aviles that much faster than Jed. Other than Ellsbury, Lowrie had the hottest bat going. I too, don't bash Francona very often, but that move had me yelling at the t.v.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

I could use a vocal starter on my softball team next year...will Lackey be available?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

He was pulled with his pitch count at about 86 after allowing what should have been a groundball to secondbase for an easy out ( except that with the shift on for a lefty it rolled weakly into centerfield). He was not showing signs of fatigue nor was he getting shelled. Why pull him out? I would have been muttering too. Why take Gonzalez out for a pinch runner and possibly lose him if the game goes to extra innings?... and it did. Why remove Aceves with 2 out and no one on base for Daniel Bard ( another righty)? Why take Lowrie (swinging a hot bat all night ) out for pinch runner Aviles? The game was loaded with questionable managerial moves by Francona. I normally don't criticize him much, but I think he micro-managed the game to an extreme, making unnecessary substitutions for no sensible reason. But, the most questionable move Francona continues to make is starting Wakefield , so that Saltalmacchia can get a full workout chasing wild pitches , no wonder Salty isn't doing much hitting, the poor guy has to be worn out!...Wakefield has his 200 win, time to replace him with a real pitcher, this knuckleball stuff is not fooling anybody...except maybe our young catcher. Yesterday the team won a game in spite of Francona , not because of him. I really like the guy, but he sometimes drives me crazy!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

I dont know Zilla, Im not usually one to defend our manager but I liked his PRO-ACTIVE managing to try to advance runners and do anything to win that game because it would probably decide our postseason plans....I wouldve preferred Aceves to start fresh but Lackey was only at 86 and he was getting stronger as the game went on....other than that I found his moves a refreshing change that signaled an urgency to his players (not desperation because he doesnt do that/one of the things I like about him) and they stepped up. I am surprised to find so many fans complaining about those moves.

Sections
Shortcuts