Any News On Crawford??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Any News On Crawford??

Wondering if anybody has heard any news regarding his injury or projected return to the lineup. Originally, he was only suppose to miss the first 2-3 weeks of the season, now we are creeping up on the first 2 months of the season. After last year's fiasco of a season for him & not playing at all this season as of yet, this just might be the worst signing in Red Sox history.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Any News On Crawford??

Might be?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

try Worst Signing in MLB History.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

When I was hearing how CC was way ahead of schedule to return possibly by "opening day," I'm sorry to sound so negative about the guy, but I really thought when I saw him working out so hard--watch he will rush coming back only to get hurt again. And that's exactly what happened. It's like not only is the contract an albatross for the Sox but a giant weighted necklace on CC himself. He's the one rushing to get back to prove everyone wrong. It's just a disaster all the way around. Even if he gets back, what then? I hope he takes the year off. I just don't see him making a difference.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I also think damaged goods guys should be forced to pay back a good portion of their "guaranteed" salaries. Here, CC, take 50 million, now go home. It's 50 more than you deserve.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

No news is good news.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Any News On Crawford??:
    [QUOTE]I also think damaged goods guys should be forced to pay back a good portion of their "guaranteed" salaries. Here, CC, take 50 million, now go home. It's 50 more than you deserve.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    In other words, the Red Sox should renege on their promise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]try Worst Signing in MLB History.

Just the majors?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

hill55, no, in other words, there should be some fairness to both sides. Instead of having guaranteed contracts for years and years, when a debilating injury takes place, teams should have the option to make a deal with a player, a fair deal that would greatly compensate the player without breaking the bank of the team. I'm so sick of the "well, we can't afford this guy anymore, this injured guy set the bar and we're stuck with it"...bullshoy. Fairness. What is right. That should always come into play. If you leave a job, any job, you get severance, but you don't walk away with the entire length of the contract. Only in professional sports it seems.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

For example, Sox should be able to say to CC, "here is 50 million dollars, or say 35 percent of the entire contract," we are now making you a free agent. End of story. No more albatross, and CC can't say he didn't have his payday. Don't forget the old signing bonuses that were always guaranteed pot too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Not only that, CC could get another job elsewhere and make more money if he gets back to being healthy. It's insanity to allow him to have 142 million no matter what. Insanity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Danny - it's contract law.  Those were the terms.  Period.  The reason why teams are forced to sign is because of the player's union - - - - teams don't have to sign the guys --- they could do a LOCK OUT - -- but then we'd have to watch the scrubs play.  However, I think it's about time for a lock out - the players need to be knocked down a notch......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Not only that, CC could get another job elsewhere and make more money if he gets back to being healthy. It's insanity to allow him to have 142 million no matter what. Insanity.

The team entered into the agreement without coercion.  It's fair.

The only way around it is the next bargaining agreement to move away from guaranteed contracts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm with you on the lockout. The salaries have greatly gotten out of control. Hockey does it right with caps and players still can make great money, but no so much that it would make you bank-less.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I understand the law on it, drew. I'm just saying it's wrong.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's not a law in the sense that it is not governed by public statute

It's a private contract b/t 2 private parties

They can contract what they wish (as long as they aren't hurting anybody) - it is one of the main pillars of a Free People

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any News On Crawford?? : "the team entered into the agreement without coercion." unfortunately, the team did enter into the agreement with THEO INEPSTEIN.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

That's the point.  Theo did so much damage to this team his name should be at the top of every box score for the entire year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]Not only that, CC could get another job elsewhere and make more money if he gets back to being healthy. It's insanity to allow him to have 142 million no matter what. Insanity.

Did anyone force the Red Sox to offer Crawford this contract? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Any News On Crawford??:
    [QUOTE]Wondering if anybody has heard any news regarding his injury or projected return to the lineup. Originally, he was only suppose to miss the first 2-3 weeks of the season, now we are creeping up on the first 2 months of the season. After last year's fiasco of a season for him & not playing at all this season as of yet, this just might be the worst signing in Red Sox history.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Guys like Sweeney and Nava have done a good job.  Ross has shown some power but SO a lot and about what I expected.  I know a lot of people felt Cody was a perfect hitter for Fenway but nothing has really changed much from his overall career OBP thus far.  It would be nice to get Ells or CC back just to see if they can give us a bit more.

Its still all about pitching and a perfect time to take advantage of Tampa's weak lineup if we can get to their rotation and pen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]hill55, no, in other words, there should be some fairness to both sides. Instead of having guaranteed contracts for years and years, when a debilating injury takes place, teams should have the option to make a deal with a player, a fair deal that would greatly compensate the player without breaking the bank of the team. I'm so sick of the "well, we can't afford this guy anymore, this injured guy set the bar and we're stuck with it"...bullshoy. Fairness. What is right. That should always come into play. If you leave a job, any job, you get severance, but you don't walk away with the entire length of the contract. Only in professional sports it seems.
    Most guaranteed contracts have insurance that pays the contract once it is known the player is not coming back.

Sections
Shortcuts