any thoughts about pedro saying

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

roger and bonds should go into the HOF

because of what they did B4 they supposedly used?

other than opening a large can of worms

I don't necessarily disagree but am surprised he said it

any thoughts about nomar & roger going in sox HOF

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: any thoughts about pedro saying

I'm not surprised by any of it.  Sorry zac, I know that's not much of an addition to your thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Roger got away with lying to Congress...you almost have to give him credit for the stones of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

It appears that Pedro is willing to concede that both Clemens and Bonds were users, as I believe any reasonable person would.  With that in mind....

Pedro is certainly entitled to his opinion, just as I am entitled to disagree with it.  

Whether they were users before or after they had success in the game is of little matter to me. They both intentionally cheated the game andthe players they were competing with - and against - as well as the fans.  

What they did as it pertains to the game of baseball is bigger than anything they did on the field.  This is the Hall of FAME, remember?  And what they did has made them INFAMOUS.  They, along with ARod are stains on the game.  To put known cheaters into the Hall of FAME would be a travesty.

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

roger and bonds should go into the HOF

because of what they did B4 they supposedly used?

other than opening a large can of worms

I don't necessarily disagree but am surprised he said it

any thoughts about nomar & roger going in sox HOF

he did not say before they used, he said before all this came out.  There is a big difference and Pedro would be the first to explain it.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Roger got away with lying to Congress...you almost have to give him credit for the stones of it.

that is your opinion.  He was a  moron to testify in front of Congress.  I think he was found not guilty.  He could have taken the Ortiz route and not said a word until ten years passed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Hall of Fame is just a catchy title though, S5.       

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

nah. keep them both out. team hof's are fine. the real one? nope. it helps to put the entire era in an appropriately dismissable place.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

he did not say before they used, he said before all this came out.  There is a big difference and Pedro would be the first to explain it.

U R right steven

but what is the '' big difference''

"With all due respect to everybody that votes, I'll have to say Roger and Barry Bonds are two guys that I think had enough numbers before anything came out to actually earn a spot in the Hall of Fame," Martinez said. "I'm not quite sure 100 percent how close they will be before all the things came out, but in my heart, if you asked me before any of that, I would've said, 'Yes, 100 percent,' without looking back

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Clemens and Bonds are in a mess of their own making, obviously.

If we assume that Roger started using when he went to TO, it means that (roughly) 162 of his 354 wins came after he started using.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Hall of Fame is just a catchy title though, S5.       

No doubt, but they had to call it something, and that's as good as anything.  

The bottom line is that it's an institution honoring the best players in baseball.  IMO any institution that honors players should only honor players who honored the game.

[object HTMLDivElement]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to S5's comment:

It appears that Pedro is willing to concede that both Clemens and Bonds were users, as I believe any reasonable person would.  With that in mind....

Pedro is certainly entitled to his opinion, just as I am entitled to disagree with it.  

Whether they were users before or after they had success in the game is of little matter to me. They both intentionally cheated the game andthe players they were competing with - and against - as well as the fans.  

What they did as it pertains to the game of baseball is bigger than anything they did on the field.  This is the Hall of FAME, remember?  And what they did has made them INFAMOUS.  They, along with ARod are stains on the game.  To put known cheaters into the Hall of FAME would be a travesty.

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

100% agree with this post.  Their career is a body of work.  A huge part of that body of work was disgracing the game of baseball.  No...they are not deserving. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to S5's comment:

100% agree with this post.  Their career is a body of work.  A huge part of that body of work was disgracing the game of baseball.  No...they are not deserving. 

wELL KINGFISHER.....SPOT ON (FOR ONCE).......  THEIR BODIES SPEAK VOLUMES !!!

Uhhhhhhhh.......I don't look at their bodies Bill, but hey...that's cool if you do!  I like this new Liberal Bill!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Pedro is stuck because he wants to stand by his buddy Ortiz and not look like a total hypocrite. very tough spot.

course i think it's blasphemous to even consider putting a full-time DH into the hall of fame, not to mention one that used steroids, but hey. i'm kind of old-fashioned that way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

Pedro is stuck because he wants to stand by his buddy Ortiz and not look like a total hypocrite. very tough spot.

course i think it's blasphemous to even consider putting a full-time DH into the hall of fame, not to mention one that used steroids, but hey. i'm kind of old-fashioned that way.

How very original of you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Unless you have some new proof about Ortiz that the rest of the world is not aware of, my signature applies.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Have you ever seen two people with bigger heads than Bonds and Clemens?  Literally and figuratively.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Regarding the rest, the fact is the whole era will be forever tainted. Unless the writers continue to do what they have done the last couple of years, keeping out guys like Bagwell and Piazza who were never conclusively linked to anything, it's inevitable that some cheaters will get in simply because they were never caught. So you're picking on a few -- the Rockets, Bonds, McGwires, Mannys, etc. -- who managed to stand head and shoulders above their peers in an era when PED use was widespread.

I think it may take time, but those guys will eventually get in. They're a big part of the history of the game, and they accomplished some pretty amazing things, roids or no. It doesn't make what they did right, but a HoF plaque is not a nomination for sainthood.

I don't see much point in keeping Pete Rose out either at this point, for what it's worth.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

B I N G O  DAT   !!!

Surprise, surprise.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Regarding the rest, the fact is the whole era will be forever tainted. Unless the writers continue to do what they have done the last couple of years, keeping out guys like Bagwell and Piazza who were never conclusively linked to anything, it's inevitable that some cheaters will get in simply because they were never caught. So you're picking on a few -- the Rockets, Bonds, McGwires, Mannys, etc. -- who managed to stand head and shoulders above their peers in an era when PED use was widespread.

I think it may take time, but those guys will eventually get in. They're a big part of the history of the game, and they accomplished some pretty amazing things, roids or no. It doesn't make what they did right, but a HoF plaque is not a nomination for sainthood.

I don't see much point in keeping Pete Rose out either at this point, for what it's worth.

other than the rose ''opinion''

great post flapjack

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Ortiz was on a list with I believe 15 other names that had used substances not banned at the time. It was never associated with steroids which were banned at the time.

So if you do not want Ortiz what about the other 14 names on that list?

If you do not want Bonds and Clemens what about the other players who used at that time?

Is it really possible to play over 2000 games in a row in the 80's and 90's with out using something? Or be an outfielder with such crappy knees to play so well with out using some thing? Or a great pitcher for a long time with out using some thing?

I am not saying steroids but using SOME THING that was not banned at the time????? We all know stuff was used by players before steroids became in vogue. What we do not know is who used, what did they used? Is it now banned?

Yes we have a good idea that some used but shouldn't the others be named as well?

Is that not the fair way?

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

Sections
Shortcuts