any1 else noticed that even when 1-up in the 9th that HOLT+not DREW was in there for D?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: any1 else noticed that even when 1-up in the 9th that HOLT+not DREW was in there for D?

That trade wound up benefiting both the Sox and Pirates---Holt for Melancon. I know there were a few other names but as it turns out Melancon for Holt--WHO KNEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will that be the same with the next trade? Peavy for Craig along with a couple of throw ins and some cash considerations. Maybe after todays game---Gomes to KC??  Miller to the Dodgers?

I would be cautious about Miller and Ue--they would be last on my list. You never know when one teams trash is another teams treasure.

I would love to see Allen Craig in a Sox Uni.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: any1 else noticed that even when 1-up in the 9th that HOLT+not DREW was in there for D?

Miller is Koji's heir apparent - both need to stay - the obvious trade bait involves Peavy, Drew, Gomes, Carp, and if Lester is indeed a goner, then him for a sweet, sweet overpriced trade to a contender

As always - 100% correct!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Miller is Koji's heir apparent - both need to stay - the obvious trade bait involves Peavy, Drew, Gomes, Carp, and if Lester is indeed a goner, then him for a sweet, sweet overpriced trade to a contender

As always - 100% correct!

I agree 100%. Those are the guys you want to deal. I'd also like to include Napoli, but, then, who would play 1st? If you kept Carp, and traded Napoli, then Carp and Nava could share 1st base. Plus the SOX would obviously get more for Napoli in a trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

There's your run, Jon. Let's not blow it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

message sent! says a ton! be it batting for boegy or jbj, johnny F has been managing with a very short leash as of late.. no way this was an oversight. he played drew in the 9th the last 2 times holt started there when we were up, yet in a huge game, he not only doesnt but the holt makes a webJam type play for the last out. the kid is phenomenal. if middy was coming up tomorrow, no doubt DREW b a goner! u dig? depending who we trade or let go, holt could b an everday SS,CF or third baseman or LF'r or RF'r. talk about options. he's now the most indispensable red sox! wont even trade him Stanton straight-up right now!

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share?)

B I N G O   DAT  !!!

Sections
Shortcuts