Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse?

In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse?:
    [QUOTE]   ''The Bell Brothers ''
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Who are your "brothers"?  I guess we'll never know because I doubt they talk in haiku. And their font probably isn't brown either, although I can understand why you post in brown.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]The part about the eyes could have some merit. My eyes are green, and I have more trouble with sunlight than people I know with brown eyes, or even hazel eyes. I never really thought about it as far as baseball players were concerned. I usually just wear sunglasses though. Couldn't he just do that? They seem to wear them in the outfield, although I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone wear them at the plate.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE] Kim, Alex does occasionally, i recall Ortiz and Pudge Rodriguez also..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse? : Kim, Alex does occasionally, i recall Ortiz and Pudge Rodriguez also..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Still, it does seem rare when you think about. Could be because most games are at night, though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Did the color of Bay's eyes once change once he left Pittsburgh/Boston?
    I know there was more green in his wallet...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Maybe that's why he's not hitting; he DGAS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Did the color of Bay's eyes once change once he left Pittsburgh/Boston? I know there was more green in his wallet...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Actually, my point was that green eyes are even sensitive to sunlight. I'm sure it could be worse for blue eyes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Hard for anyone draw an analogy, Kim. We're only given one set of eyes.

Let's face it, Bay's night-time production since leaving Boston hardly validates his cost. What's his excuse under the lights?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse?:
    [QUOTE]He claims because he has blue eyes, it is affecting his play during the day.  Of course, Mantle, Brett, and others had blue eyes, and they were better day players; especially surprising for Mantle, 'cause he was usually hung over.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Are you sure he was speaking in earnest?  JBay does have a bit of a quirky sense of humor, so I'm just checking to see if this was an off-the-cuff sarcastic remark that was taken out of context for the usual "let's pile on" bashing fodder.  It may have been a silly answer to a reporter's tiresome inquiry. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Hard for anyone draw an analogy, Kim . We're only given one set of eyes. Let's face it, Bay's night -time production since leaving Boston hardly validates his cost. What's his excuse under the lights?

My post wasn't really about Jason Bay, who btw, I haven't thought about since he's on another team now. Steve decided to talk about him, not me. I'm just posting here because of the eye issue that I've been aware of myself. 

And FTR, Steve seems to have started many threads at once that have nothing to do with the Red Sox -- even one that was about the Yankees being the favorites. LOL Why is he filling the board with these threads? Could it be that he's looking for other topics because there isn't enough being said about the Yankees, and people are starting to question why he's always here discussing the Red Sox? I mean, it's not like he has another option when the discussions about his team die down like going to a Yankee board...oh wait.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse? : My post wasn't really about Jason Bay, who btw, I haven't thought about since he's on another team now.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Here's what Bay has done since leaving Boston:
    2010: 95 G. 348 AB  6 HR  47 RBI  .259 BA .749 OPS
    2011: 52 G. 192 AB  3 HR  16 RBI  .234 BA .624 OPS.

I think the subject matter is pertinent, Kim, since several posters on this board never wanted Bay to leave Boston. And Theo took a ton of flack for making Bay's shoulder such a contractual issue.

Theo sure knew something...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajack. Show ajack's posts

In Response to Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse?:
    [QUOTE]He claims because he has blue eyes, it is affecting his play during the day.  Of course, Mantle, Brett, and others had blue eyes, and they were better day players; especially surprising for Mantle, 'cause he was usually hung over.

You have Bey confused with the Rangers' Josh Hamilton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

OK.  I decided to check for a source myself.  Here's what I found.

HAMILTON AND BAY SEE EYE-TO-EYE
    As the Mets prepared for their interleague series in Texas, Rangers slugger Josh Hamilton raised an interesting explanation for his struggles in day games - and it turns out that Jason Bay can relate.

Hamilton, the 2010 American League MVP, is batting .122 in day games this year, compared to .377 at night. In an interview this week with ESPN radio in Dallas, Hamilton cited his blue eyes.

"Guys with blue eyes have a tough time," Hamilton told the station "It's just hard for me to see (at the plate) in the daytime. ... It's just what it is. Try to go up (to the plate) squinting and see a white ball while the sun is shining right off the plate, you know, and beaming right up in your face."

Sound ridiculous? The blue-eyed Bay, who was aware of Hamilton's comments, said no.

"That's exactly why I wear sunglasses when I hit," he said (and the approach seems to be working, as Bay is batting .282 in the daytime this year, and .223 at night). "I started doing that several years ago in Florida. Down there, I have to squint all the time."

Well, it seems like he wasn't joking, but it also doesn't seem like he was looking for excuses either.  Maybe he should wear his sunglasses at night too like Corey Hart. 

http://youtu.be/X2LTL8KgKv8

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse? : Here's what Bay has done since leaving Boston: 2010: 95 G. 348 AB  6 HR  47 RBI  .259 BA .749 OPS 2011: 52 G. 192 AB  3 HR  16 RBI  .234 BA .624 OPS. I think the subject matter is pertinent, Kim , since several posters on this board never wanted Bay to leave Boston. And Theo took a ton of flack for making Bay's shoulder such a contractual issue. Theo sure knew something...

Really? Bay is about as pertinent a topic as Gagne, or any other player that came here and left after a short time. NO ONE CARES.

IMO Steven likes to argue, and he'll get in any argument on the board about anyone, or anything. He tried to argue me to the ground on a thread defending the Yankees, and then admitted he never even read my posts or the articles I put up.  How can you argue when you don't know what you're arguing about?  I completely gave up after reading that.

I still believe, just like the other Yankee fans here, that he is here just to defend his team against any naysayers. And now, like Babe in the off-season when he got bored, he just fills the board with threads that are not about the Red Sox. If you don't think these guys need to get a life somewhere outside this board, I don't know what to say.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Eric Gagne is out of baseball - has been since 2008. He wasn't offered the kind of contract Bay was - and Bay came close to being in Boston thru 2012...very close.
    Think what might have happened had the team spent a heavy chunk on him...how it would have affected future signings.

That potential albatross would make Drew/Cam look tame in comparison.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

As far as excuses are concerned, the one I'd really like to hear would be from staunch Jason Bay advocate RodfromCraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanston.  He and his gruff manner have been MIA for some time. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse? : My post wasn't really about Jason Bay, who btw, I haven't thought about since he's on another team now. Steve decided to talk about him, not me. I'm just posting here because of the eye issue that I've been aware of myself.  And FTR, Steve seems to have started many threads at once that have nothing to do with the Red Sox -- even one that was about the Yankees being the favorites. LOL Why is he filling the board with these threads? Could it be that he's looking for other topics because there isn't enough being said about the Yankees, and people are starting to question why he's always here discussing the Red Sox? I mean, it's not like he has another option when the discussions about his team die down like going to a Yankee board...oh wait.

Kim,

Now your miscomprehending. I never said the NYY were the favorites. I said the power rankings shall fluctuate all year. Go check my OP. And your talk about me going to a Yankee board, is quite frankly, getting a little old. Newsflash : I'm not. So stop wasting your breath. It so happens I've been here longer than you, loyalties notwithstanding.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse? : Kim, Now your miscomprehending. I never said the NYY were the favorites. I said the power rankings shall fluctuate all year. Go check my OP. And your talk about me going to a Yankee board, is quite frankly, getting a little old. Newsflash : I'm not. So stop wasting your breath. It so happens I've been here longer than you, loyalties notwithstanding.

And I retorted the power rankings shall flatulate all year.  Go check my BO. 

http://youtu.be/MG-bDvns1Z8

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse? : Really? Bay is about as pertinent a topic as Gagne, or any other player that came here and left after a short time. NO ONE CARES. IMO Steven likes to argue, and he'll get in any argument on the board about anyone, or anything. He tried to argue me to the ground on a thread defending the Yankees, and then admitted he never even read my posts or the articles I put up.  How can you argue when you don't know what you're arguing about?  I completely gave up after reading that. I still believe, just like the other Yankee fans here, that he is here just to defend his team against any naysayers. And now, like Babe in the off-season when he got bored, he just fills the board with threads that are not about the Red Sox. If you don't think these guys need to get a life somewhere outside this board, I don't know what to say.

Ye, I made some mistakes, which I admitted. You didn't see my post to you earlier today along those lines. Hopefully you'll read it. However, when it comes to arguing, this is the pot calling the kettle. You've criticized alliances between RS and Yankee fans; you've alienated RS fans from yourself;  you claim that most of the posters are from upstate NY when I'm guessing about 70 % are from Boston and it's environs. And you are have a convoluted and denial laden fandom based perspective about what the aliases are here. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse? : Kim, Now your miscomprehending. I never said the NYY were the favorites. I said the power rankings shall fluctuate all year. Go check my OP. And your talk about me going to a Yankee board, is quite frankly, getting a little old. Newsflash : I'm not. So stop wasting your breath. It so happens I've been here longer than you, loyalties notwithstanding.

Here's your post:

Yankees are #1. Here's guessing this shall fluctuate all season long. The rivalry is alive and kicking.

Did I miss something? You put a thread up with the Yankees as #1. WGAC what you say after it? That was the intention of your post. And it's interesting, again, that you decided to reply to THIS post as opposed to the one where I said I thought that you and Babe should get lives outside this board.

The whole "filling the board with your posts", arguing with people while not really reading what they say and responding how you want the conversation to go as well as posting threads that have nothing to do with the Red Sox, but are topics YOU want to talk about are getting pretty identical. If that's not a wake-up call for you, I don't know what would be.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse? : Here's your post: Yankees are #1. Here's guessing this shall fluctuate all season long. The rivalry is alive and kicking. Did I miss something? You put a thread up with the Yankees as #1. WGAC what you say after it? That was the intention of your post. And it's interesting, again, that you decided to reply to THIS post as opposed to the one where I said I thought that you and Babe should get lives outside this board. The whole "filling the board with your posts", arguing with people while not really reading what they say and responding how you want the conversation to go as well as posting threads that have nothing to do with the Red Sox, but are topics YOU want to talk about are getting pretty identical. If that's not a wake-up call for you, I don't know what would be.

Are you backpedalling? You said I said the Yankees are the FAVORITES. Where is that?   And you're selectively excerpting my posts with the qualifier WGAC? That's what politicians do. And, I could say the same for an attractive young woman who wastes time trying to boss around middle aged geeks on a sports board. So wake up, lady. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse? : When it comes to arguing, this is the pot calling the kettle. You've criticized alliances between RS and Yankee fans; you've alienated RS fans from yourself;  you claim that most of the posters are from upstate NY when I'm guessing about 70 % are from Boston and it's environs. And you are have a convoluted and denial laden fandom based perspective about what the aliases are here. 

I've criticized posters who defend thier Yankee pals here no matter what they do or say. Don't know what you mean by alienated RS fans. Any RS fan that has a problem with that was never anyone on my radar anyway. That discussion must have been on the RS/Yankee other board. I never claimed most of the posters were from upstate NY (why would anyone say that?). I said that most of the posters here were from NY or the tristate area -- which they are.

Oh, the last part is my favorite. It's when you can string together sometimes 12 or more insults into a single sentence. Your forte. And I know exactly who the aliases are here, and you've probably got a few yourself as you are completely invested here. 

See? I read posts when I'm responding to them. Only people with an agenda don't care what's actually being said. IMO

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse? : I've criticized posters who defend thier Yankee pals here no matter what they do or say. Don't know what you mean by alienated RS fans. Any RS fan that has a problem with that was never anyone on my radar anyway. That discussion must have been on the RS/Yankee other board. I never claimed most of the posters were from upstate NY (why would anyone say that?). I said that most of the posters here were from NY or the tristate area -- which they are. Oh, the last part is my favorite. It's when you can string together sometimes 12 or more insults into a single sentence. Your forte. And I know exactly who the aliases are here, and you've probably got a few yourself as you are completely invested here.  See? I read posts when I'm responding to them. Only people with an agenda don't care what's actually being said. IMO

LOL, that's hysterical! I shall no longer take you seriously. Once again, your comment about my insulting you is coming from the queen of insults; usually of the 3rd person variety; hypocrisy at its finest. You even use the insult card as a way to duck the issue; nice tactic. Like practically everybody else here, you posture and filter as convenient. BTW, How about reading my post I wrote you earlier today where I blamed myself for the miscomms?  Do I need to bump it? Or should I get my trufan alias to do it for you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse? : Here's your post: Yankees are #1. Here's guessing this shall fluctuate all season long. The rivalry is alive and kicking. Did I miss something? You put a thread up with the Yankees as #1. WGAC what you say after it? That was the intention of your post. And it's interesting, again, that you decided to reply to THIS post as opposed to the one where I said I thought that you and Babe should get lives outside this board. The whole "filling the board with your posts", arguing with people while not really reading what they say and responding how you want the conversation to go as well as posting threads that have nothing to do with the Red Sox, but are topics YOU want to talk about are getting pretty identical. If that's not a wake-up call for you, I don't know what would be.

I support this statement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Posted by nhsteven   '' And, I could say the same for an attractive young woman who wastes time trying to boss around middle aged geeks on a sports board. So wake up, lady. ''

how bout you & pike go get a room

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody hear Jason Bay's new excuse? : I support this statement.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Burrito.

Sections
Shortcuts