Anybody Know Where the Bench napoli Thread Went?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Anybody Know Where the Bench napoli Thread Went?

In response to moonslav59's comment:

All the small samplers: what say you?

It went the same way of any other similar post the circular file.  It still amazes me when guys hit a rough patch how "fans" throw them under the bus just like Bill has tried with Ortiz.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:

In response to Javi60's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Excuse me, critism on Napoli was just and valuable, first got him out 5th spot in line up, then he has been more productive platooning... He had a fine weekend series, lets hope and pray he keeps on...Same with Lester, he was awful for a long spell, , but now he has pitched great in last two outings...such is baseball and Life...

[/QUOTE]

What a minute?  Valuable?  Are you saying that the criticism on this board got the Red Sox to change how they played him?  Seriouisly?  You really think the coaching staff comes here for advice on how to run the team? 

--------------------------/-------------

[/QUOTE]

What a minute?  Valuable?  Are you saying that the criticism on this board got the Red Sox to change how they played him?  Seriouisly?  You really think the coaching staff comes here for advice on how to run the team.?

Should have answered the paragraph abover earlier, but it passed me by, found it today as part of Sunday leisure... Comments on these or any boards are not a exclusive brand, they form part of a much larger context, which includes blogs, panels like The Baseball Show, and hundreds  of media channels that all together form The Voice of the Fan, which all baseball people listen to... Or was not Napoli shortcomings at due moment tweeted around the world? ... How did Nap overcome his whiffing spree: out of 5th slot, hitting seventh and platooning?... go sox!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

How did Nap overcome his whiffing spree: out of 5th slot, hitting seventh and platooning?... go sox

are you assuming that players only play better when they are dropped in the order?  As i have explained 100x, no matter what the movie alluded to, there is no voodoo in BB.  Players get hot, and players get cold, and players get hot and players get cold.  And it has been that way since the beginning of time.

And sometimes coaches pick stuff up.  And sometimes no one knows how players get into slumps, and how they got out.  I've played long enough to have had this happen to me several times.  About the only thing we know is that players generally trend towards their historic norms.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

How did Nap overcome his whiffing spree: out of 5th slot, hitting seventh and platooning?... go sox

are you assuming that players only play better when they are dropped in the order?  As i have explained 100x, no matter what the movie alluded to, there is no voodoo in BB.  Players get hot, and players get cold, and players get hot and players get cold.  And it has been that way since the beginning of time.

And sometimes coaches pick stuff up.  And sometimes no one knows how players get into slumps, and how they got out.  I've played long enough to have had this happen to me several times.  About the only thing we know is that players generally trend towards their historic norms.

It is true players get hot and cold. But many times psycology plays huge part in a slump, as former player u ought to know this... So any kind of logical change in every day habits do wonders...I have seen players  that hit well in lower part of lineup, that when upgraded as third or cleanup just bust... And viceversa... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Napoli has always been a very streaky hitter. More so than the norm. That will probably continue.

The good.

And the bad.

Sox4ever

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Trade him!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

[QUOTE]

Trade him!

[/QUOTE]

Too late!