Anybody know why Farrell didn't pinch-hit for Gomes in 9th?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Anybody know why Farrell didn't pinch-hit for Gomes in 9th?

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

why is Gomes playing and Bradley in AAA? Just like Drew he is sucking team oxygen because Ben was dumb enough to sign them and pay them more than anyone ever did....if youre going to play like a last place team, at least give the young prospects who represent the future the chance to play everyday in the majors...

Yeah Drew is KILLING this team, what with his .321 / .393 / .509 hiitting numbers over the last 15 games.  And his 2Hr and 11RBI in that stretch have just been nothing but detrimental!

And that ONE ERROR on the season!   In 28 games!  That is a deadly pace.  The way he is going, he might get 5 or 6 of them!

you are choosing a fifteen game sample when the season is only a quarter over? why not just cite his season long stats?  dishonest and dumb

not do impressive eh?

it always amazes me how posters like Notin will go to the mat for mercenary temps like Drew just to support managment....i have never heard anyone of the Pats boards lose their minds supporting/justifying a Brandon Lloyd free agent signing....or anyone else for that matter for one year....they are obviously just fill in players...except for Ben, he gave the most important field position to Drew....

Because hes here and is going nowhere and theres not a better replacement right now. If the Sox are done and out of it at the end of July, then my guess is he will be dealt. Hes on the team in the here and now and I believe even if you put up his season long numbers they are still better than Iggys numbers against AAA pitching. I think Iggy has more errors too. not sure though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

yea he can be traded, if we eat his salary...like anyone is going to want o pay his contract

quit dreaming...are only tradeable players at deadline will be named ells or salty

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

yea he can be traded, if we eat his salary...like anyone is going to want o pay his contract

quit dreaming...are only tradeable players at deadline will be named ells or salty

If Drew is hitiing well, say .270BA 340OBP 450SLG (give or take 10pts in either direction), Has solid defense like he has so far and there is a contending team in need of a SS, I dont think 4.5M (prorated) is going to interfere with a team possibly going to the WS. Do you really think it will?

By the way, those numbers are very realistic for Drew.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to notin's comment:

why is Gomes playing and Bradley in AAA? Just like Drew he is sucking team oxygen because Ben was dumb enough to sign them and pay them more than anyone ever did....if youre going to play like a last place team, at least give the young prospects who represent the future the chance to play everyday in the majors...

Yeah Drew is KILLING this team, what with his .321 / .393 / .509 hiitting numbers over the last 15 games.  And his 2Hr and 11RBI in that stretch have just been nothing but detrimental!

And that ONE ERROR on the season!   In 28 games!  That is a deadly pace.  The way he is going, he might get 5 or 6 of them!

you are choosing a fifteen game sample when the season is only a quarter over? why not just cite his season long stats?  dishonest and dumb

not so impressive eh?

it always amazes me how posters like Notin will go to the mat for mercenary temps like Drew just to support managment....i have never heard anyone of the Pats boards lose their minds supporting/justifying a Brandon Lloyd free agent signing....or anyone else for that matter for one year....they are obviously just fill in players...except for Ben, he gave the most important field position to Drew....

Drew has only played 28 games, so 15 is over half his season to date.

What amazes me are"fans" like you who cling to the bad numbers so as to only validate your prejudices.  The guy missed most of ST, got off to a slow start, and has since then actually been very good.  You might have noticed that if you were not so hellbent on not liking the guy for whatever reason.  Be it his brother or some Mad Iglesias Love.

15 games, by the way, is nearly double the amount of time it 

took for you to fall in love with Iglesias, who you are still pining for.   You know, before we start talking small sample sizes...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't like Gomes.  I like Bradley.  But Gomes bats righty and Bradley lefty, so moving Bradley up displaces Nava, not Gomes.  Besides, Bradley right now needs to play every day and not ride the pine when the opposing pitcher is a lefty.  Plus don't forget how Bradley struggled in MLB games after having a great ST.  Right now, this needs to play out, and I'm thinking the guy Bradley replaces will be Ellsbury.   

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts