Anybody Notice That Lackey ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Anybody Notice That Lackey ...

... is on a 20-win pace.

After eight starts, he's 5-2 -- a 20-8 pace for 32 wins.

Of course, anything can happen, but it's great to see him pitching like he is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Anybody Notice That Lackey ...

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

... is on a 20-win pace.

[/QUOTE]When healthy ( & he is) Lackey is one tough competitor !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Ahhh, remember the good olde days, when everyone hated him?  I haven't from any of them in many days.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ahhh, remember the good olde days, when everyone hated him?  I haven't from any of them in many days.

[/QUOTE]

Lackey was an easy guy to dislike at the time considering his Beckett type attitude and the fact he was pitching badly.  Thank God it was a blown arm and TJ is what it is today or he may have been our second worst signing to Crawford.  I think once we learned he needed TJ there was at least hope he would improve.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Have to love the way Lackey is pitching. Throwing hard with good downward trajectory. Throwing strikes, but not right down the middle. Very impressive. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

He deserved the criticism in 2011... he deserves praise now... and last year to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He deserved the criticism in 2011... he deserves praise now... and last year to.

[/QUOTE]

No, he did not.  A small number of people here regularly pointed out back then that as he had signed a contract with specific language about TJ surgery in it the guy was probably injured.  And he was.  And he pitched anyway not just in great pain but probably in great embarrassment too.  It was entirely predictable and predicted that he would recover from TJ and return to his historic level of performance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I realize that baseball is a game and the players are entertainers.  The only thing that should matter to us as fans is how well they perform between the lines.  However, we tend to think there's a relationship between the fans and players that somehow gives us the right to intrude into their personal lives.  

Still, Lackey's divorcing his wife while she had cancer is something I have a hard time abiding. I understand that relationships fall apart for a variety of reasons and he - or both of them -may have wanted out of the marriage, but the timing was lousy.

I'm still not sure if I think he's a jerk for doing that or I admire him for doing his best for the team in spite of everything that was going on in his life.  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lackey was an easy guy to dislike at the time considering his Beckett type attitude and the fact he was pitching badly.  Thank God it was a blown arm and TJ is what it is today or he may have been our second worst signing to Crawford.  I think once we learned he needed TJ there was at least hope he would improve. [/QUOTE] [object HTMLDivElement]

I have never seen much similarity between Beckett and Lackey. Please explain.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

His Beckett attitude?????

Sorry but all the complaints were about his attitude on the field when as some stated players did not make plays.

But I still see the same attitude on the field as in the past. The man HATES to have the opposing team get any hits or get on base. He just hates it and it shows on the field.

And all the time people/fans complained about him the PLAYERS loved the guy as a teammate because of his attitude.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

That's what winning does.......If he loses they will hate....... Trust me on this

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I disagree about 2011, 2010 yeah maybe he did. He had a bum elbow and pitched through it because the team was so over extended they couldn't afford pitching depth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I went on record way back when to say I was in favor of the signing and got crushed for it.

Of course, the end of 2011 I had it w/ him but given all of our other problems getting rid of Beckett and Crawful was the way to go; esp given Lackey's contract w/ the friendly option and that maybe he'd act more mature once Beckett was gone.  Of course, I stated this years ago as well.  It's all archived someone on this forum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, I am saying this as someone who was a card carrying Lackey hater, but, even then, outside of sharing some unseemly fried chicken and lite beer in the clubhouse, Lackey was the opposite of "Beckett attitude".  If anything, he cared too much.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

... is on a 20-win pace.

[/QUOTE]

Not to take anything away from Lackey at 5-2 but Lester has been even better at 4-4 with an ERA of 2.75 to Lackey's 3.57.  Remember that, and I don't have the stats, Lester was 0-2 or 0-3 etc. tossing 4-5 hitters while we were only giving him 0-3 runs.  It'll be nice to see them both in the Allstar game...can a team send 2 ptichers to the Allstar game...Dunno !!!  Need Bruins to be next champion team for the city of Boston !!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

... is on a 20-win pace.

[/QUOTE]

Not to take anything away from Lackey at 5-2 but Lester has been even better at 4-4 with an ERA of 2.75 to Lackey's 3.57.  Remember that, and I don't have the stats, Lester was 0-2 or 0-3 etc. tossing 4-5 hitters while we were only giving him 0-3 runs.  It'll be nice to see them both in the Allstar game...can a team send 2 ptichers to the Allstar game...Dunno !!!  Need Bruins to be next champion team for the city of Boston !!!!!!

[/QUOTE]
    tune in tonite SF and you just might get your wish! even in their own rink, the habs are sweatin big time. past sat nite our boys made montreal remember who was the number one team in the entire NHL during the reg season.

brooooons in 5

Hammah out!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Lackey definitely turned a corner after the tommy john surgery.  He looked great in spring training last year and never looked back, plus he pitched one of the truly great games in Red Sox history against the Tigers, ALCS, game 3, when he out dueled Justin Verlander, 1-0.  Huge game, huge performance.  Lester had the best ERA among Sox starters in the 2013 postseason, but Lackey had the biggest game.  Right now Lester is probably better, but you gotta like Lackey a lot, alliteratively speaking.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lackey definitely turned a corner after the tommy john surgery.  He looked great in spring training last year and never looked back, plus he pitched one of the truly great games in Red Sox history against the Tigers, ALCS, game 3, when he out dueled Justin Verlander, 1-0.  Huge game, huge performance.  Lester had the best ERA among Sox starters in the 2013 postseason, but Lackey had the biggest game.  Right now Lester is probably better, but you gotta like Lackey a lot, alliteratively speaking.  

[/QUOTE]

Is there a better 3 right now in the game?  I'd take Lester, Lackey and Peavy backed up by Koji over anyone in baseball.  If we improve our left side IF defense and get more pop from LF I would think they would be the best team in a 7 game series outside of Detroit or San Fran....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I was elated when we signed Lackey because I always loved the way he pitched with LAA. It took a bit longer than I expected, but he's now the pitcher I thought he'd be.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was elated when we signed Lackey because I always loved the way he pitched with LAA. It took a bit longer than I expected, but he's now the pitcher I thought he'd be.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when we lost Bay, I was like - good, too much money.  I'd rather use that money to get a starter.  But I never thought Lackey would this good. 

I'll never forget his G7 start in the 2002 WS - one of only 3 rookies to start and win a G7 WS - something like that.  Hasn't happened since something like pre-1920 and not since.