Anyone Buying Into This BS About Betts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Anyone Buying Into This BS About Betts?

Betts was promoted to Triple AAA. There is all this talk he will be playing most of the season at triple AAA. If called up later in the year he will be coming off the bench. Anyone buying into that? I seen him play and he is a lot like Xander. He was not promoted to triple AAA for the hell of it. I get a feeling he will be playing CF in Boston by second half of season and Bradley maybe to RF? Odd man out could end up being Gomes?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Anyone Buying Into This BS About Betts?

In response to razcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Betts was promoted to Triple AAA. There is all this talk he will be playing most of the season at triple AAA. If called up later in the year he will be coming off the bench. Anyone buying into that? I seen him play and he is a lot like Xander. He was not promoted to triple AAA for the hell of it. I get a feeling he will be playing CF in Boston by second half of season and Bradley maybe to RF? Odd man out could end up being Gomes?

[/QUOTE]

A lot has to do with injuries and trades. Xander moved up to pawtucket the day Iggy was traded.  Xander then moved over to  third when Middy was recalled. If Shane is out then your theory may turn out right. 

It also has to do on how Betts adpats to triple A.  A lot of hot double A players plateau out at the triple A level.  The Pawsox moved out several guys from last year's team who were hot in Portland....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Gomes has his issues, but Sizemore and JBJ are the ones really killing this team at the plate. If Sizemore doesn't turn it around real quick, he's gotta go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A lot has to do with injuries and trades. Xander moved up to pawtucket the day Iggy was traded.  Xander then moved over to  third when Middy was recalled. If Shane is out then your theory may turn out right. 

It also has to do on how Betts adpats to triple A.  A lot of hot double A players plateau out at the triple A level.  The Pawsox moved out several guys from last year's team who were hot in Portland....

[/QUOTE]

Double AA is where the talent is at. Some talented players get bored at triple AAA. If you produce at double AAA then the future looks bright. I get a feeling we gonna see Betts sooner rather than later. Xander is hitting .304 and just hit his 5th HR tonight. Betts is alot like Xander in regards to Xander- quick bat speed, good hands at the plate and very good eye. How can they not pass up a Betts/Xander in a Boston lineup. I see this coming soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

They may be just playing him at 2 B tonight for his comfort level. We all know he's not going to be a 2 B in Boston.

Hassan is not the player BenC was hoping he would be. I see him being sent down tomorrow; maybe even DFA to open up another 40 slot perhaps for Betts or someone currently at AAA--perhaps Travis Shaw.

BenC is not going to fool around waiting for JBJ, Size, and Nava to start producing. Last night and so far tonight there are many similarities to the 10 game losing streak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    He'll be in Boson, but not in CF. Bradley is the smoothest I have ecer seen! And that includes Joe DiMaggio (some of you may have heard of him)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Don't forget about Corey Brown at AAA--he is a left handed bat but just hit his 9th home run tonight. How do you bring up Hassan or Nava with a guy waiting for a chance with 9 dingers.  BenC's man crush for Hassan  needs to end tomorrow. If JF doesn't pinch hit for him he will be wearing the Golden Sombrero on his flight home to Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gomes has his issues, but Sizemore and JBJ are the ones really killing this team at the plate. If Sizemore doesn't turn it around real quick, he's gotta go.

[/QUOTE]

I think more patience is needed re Sizemore.  He's not been a disaster offensively, though .641 is not good enough....but he's moving well, running well, fielding well, costs next to nothing and seems to me to still have a significant upside.  After an effective 5-year layoff!

If the Sox waived him I'd bet he'd be picked up instantly.

But Brock ".400 BABIP" Holt?  He's a keeper.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Sean Coyle is another to watch in double A.  Tonight he doubled giving himself a .371 average

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    He'll be in Boson, but not in CF. Bradley is the smoothest I have ecer seen! And that includes Joe DiMaggio (some of you may have heard of him)

[/QUOTE]

Actually, his brother Dom was a better defensive CF.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get the feeling he will be batting leadoff or second in the lineup this year at some point.  Not sure where he'll play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The Sox were desperate for hitting when Napoli and Vic were playing.  Now even more so.  And biggest weakness by far is the outfield.  If Betts hits at AAA and the Sox pitching can keep Sox playoff hopes alive, Betts will get to Boston this year.  Bradley and Sizemore can't hit.  Gomes can, but not righties.   Nava, carp, Hassan, et al, are weak.  Victorino is semi-permanently disabled.  Opening for Betts is double wide. Right now I expect holt to shift to the outfield when Napoli goes back to 1B, probably on Sunday.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Sox were desperate for hitting when Napoli and Vic were playing.  Now even more so.  And biggest weakness by far is the outfield.  If Betts hits at AAA and the Sox pitching can keep Sox playoff hopes alive, Betts will get to Boston this year.  Bradley and Sizemore can't hit.  Gomes can, but not righties.   Nava, carp, Hassan, et al, are weak.  Victorino is semi-permanently disabled.  Opening for Betts is double wide. Right now I expect holt to shift to the outfield when Napoli goes back to 1B, probably on Sunday.  

[/QUOTE]

Waiting for Napoli isn't exactly like waiting for Manny. Naps is a streak hitter; when he's not in a streak, he's as weak as the other names you mentioned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They may be just playing him at 2 B tonight for his comfort level. We all know he's not going to be a 2 B in Boston.

Hassan is not the player BenC was hoping he would be. I see him being sent down tomorrow; maybe even DFA to open up another 40 slot perhaps for Betts or someone currently at AAA--perhaps Travis Shaw.

BenC is not going to fool around waiting for JBJ, Size, and Nava to start producing. Last night and so far tonight there are many similarities to the 10 game losing streak.

[/QUOTE]

I think JBJ has more rope than the other two.  Best defensive CF I have seen since Paul Blair.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think JBJ has more rope than the other two.  Best defensive CF I have seen since Paul Blair.

[/QUOTE]

Bradley jr is a good defensive player. Betts is the  better all around talent. He was not promoted to triple AA rather quickly for just the hell of it. Betts will be in Boston if he gets off to a good start at triple AAA. He will be in the outfield some where, it be CF, RF or LF.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bradley jr is a good defensive player. Betts is the  better all around talent. He was not promoted to triple AA rather quickly for just the hell of it. Betts will be in Boston if he gets off to a good start at triple AAA. He will be in the outfield some where, it be CF, RF or LF.

[/QUOTE]

I'm one of those fans who have always been on the fence as to whether JBJ is the real deal.  Even after his big ST last year when everyone called for him to start and others thinking he could replace Ells fairly quickly I still felt the same.  JBJ has a very unorthodox stance and uncomfortable looking swing that in my opinion will never produce much power or the success some feel he may have.  The upside is time is still on his side but I do feel after watching Betts play a couple of times he has a much better makeup than BJ.

Having two young OF's like Betts and JBJ in the OF for years to come would be a great thing if they both have the skill set but I could also see JBJ and Middy packaged for the first big "middle of the order bat" that can be that every day go to guy in the OF like Bogy should be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Place your Betts!

Anybody have the stones to predict if and when he'll be a starter for the big club this season? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Gomes has his issues, but Sizemore and JBJ are the ones really killing this team at the plate. If Sizemore doesn't turn it around real quick, he's gotta go. [/QUOTE]

It's pretty sad when your best OF'er OPS is just .714.

.714 Gomes

.638 Sizemore

.627 Victorino

.588 JBJ

.455 Nava

(Team OF OPS: .614- dead last in MLB)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Betts will be a starter in 2015, I'll bet on that. 

ADD: Betts has also been playing 2nd in Pawtucket, although I'm sure he will get some time in the outfield as well.  If they wanted him to start somewhere this year he would likely be sticking to that position.  And if it is the outfield they would have him play every game down there in Pawtucket.

The Sox don't screw around with player development.  This isn't really a debate or a matter of opinion, it's really more of an observation of what THEY ARE DOING. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Don't forget about Corey Brown at AAA--he is a left handed bat but just hit his 9th home run tonight. How do you bring up Hassan or Nava with a guy waiting for a chance with 9 dingers. 

He also has a .214 BA and .282 OBP in AAA...I wouldn't expect him to be our savior, but what could it hurt at this point to give him a shot?

Sean Coyle is another to watch in double A.  Tonight he doubled giving himself a .371 average

Coyle is someone who seems to be forgotten a lot, but he is younger than I thought (22) and could be interesting to watch if he can stay healthy. Slugged 14 homers and stole 11 bases in just 48 games in Salem last season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

brown LHB....Hassan RHB...that is why hassan

over/under line on Betts getting to the show:  20-Aug-2014.  Place your betts.

IF betts gets the call - no way he supplants JBJ in CF.  for a blow:  yes, but not for full time.  JBJ is just too good of a defensive player.  betts will be called to replace the mess that is RF and/or LF.  shoot...if adrian gonzalez can play RF at fenway - you dam well be sure that betts can give it a go.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

but he can be a back up OF just like Nava in all these years.   Nava can be DFA once Victorino come back!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I would like to see him dominate Triple-A for 2-3 months the way he did in Double-A. I am still hoping we acquire an outfield bat this summer, and with Victorino hopefully back to full strength, our outfield issues will ideally not look as dire by August or so...but if we still have a gaping hole in the OF by that point, and Mookie seems to have mastered Pawtucket, all Betts are off.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Nope.

Xander was promoted in the middle of June.

Iggy was not traded until the July deadline.

This stuff is easy to look up...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, his brother Dom was a better defensive CF.

[/QUOTE]
    A tough one to argue; Joe covered an awful lot of ground and made it look easy. That's the comparison I had in mind.