Anyone excited to see Weiland today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Anyone excited to see Weiland today?

First, kudos to the poster who brought up Weiland about a week before he was suddenly needed due to Lester's DL  ride.  Timing is everything and that post (sorry, can't remember who it was) was almost clairvoyant.

While not happy that Jon is hurt, I find I am suddenly enticed by the debut of Weiland.

I know someone may make a crack about the O's being only a step higher than a AAA club, it still matters in the W-L record, at least.  It gives more hope for an extended and deep run in the playoff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Anyone excited to see Weiland today?

My guess is his parents and family are pretty excited. Kyle himself has to be pretty stoked as well. I bet he slept in his home Red Sox game jersey last night.

From purely a baseball perspective. What today means for the Sox, is they get a chance to see one of thier better pitching prospects up close and have him spend some quality time with the pitching coach during his pregame routine and bullpen warmup. Once the ump calls play, they'll get to see how he handles himelf when the lights are on and how well his stuff plays at the big league level. Win, lose or draw today's a big step in Kyle's development and from this he'll come away with a few things to work on so the next time he'll called up  for his next cup of coffee (September?) he get another chance to show them he's a legit big league pitching prospect...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Anyone excited to see Weiland today?:
    First, kudos to the poster who brought up Weiland about a week before he was suddenly needed due to Lester's DL  ride.  Timing is everything and that post (sorry, can't remember who it was) was almost clairvoyant. While not happy that Jon is hurt, I find I am suddenly enticed by the debut of Weiland. I know someone may make a crack about the O's being only a step higher than a AAA club, it still matters in the W-L record, at least.  It gives more hope for an extended and deep run in the playoff.
    Posted by SinceYaz

Any Sox fan should be excited to watch these guys get a shot in the bigs.  Hopefully our bats make him feel a bit more comfortable today by fronting him a few runs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Good way to showcase a potential deadline trade chip, a few good starts and voila, a RH OF comes to town.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

When is the game on? 12:30?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'm interested to see him but not exactly excited.  I was excited to see Buchholz when he first came up.  I was excited to see Doubront when he first came up.  I was even somewhat excited to see Bowden when he came up.  Weiland is having a solid season, but he's almost 25 and does not seem like a highly regarded propsect.

I wish him luck and hope he proves me wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yaz,
    Always excited to see a kid make his debut with the Sox.
    SPC; Sometimes it takes a litte longer for some to develope. He was a closer at ND in college and was converted to a starter. Thats going to take and extra year or so, I would imagine, to build up his arm strength. Hes always had a good arm and stuff.. just needed to develop it more and more more innings. Regardless of his "hype", or lack there of, Its always exciting to see a kid make his first MLB start..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone excited to see Weiland today?:
    Yaz , Always excited to see a kid make his debut with the Sox. SPC; Sometimes it takes a litte longer for some to develope. He was a closer at ND in college and was converted to a starter. Thats going to take and extra year or so, I would imagine, to build up his arm strength. Hes always had a good arm and stuff.. just needed to develop it more and more more innings. Regardless of his "hype", or lack there of, Its always exciting to see a kid make his first MLB start..
    Posted by southpaw777

I know.  I'm not ruling him out from being a very good starter in this league but I just don't think he's regarded as a top prospect.  That's why I'm just more interested to see him thane excited.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Oh yes. Have a thrill up my leg!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone excited to see Weiland today?:
    In Response to Re: Anyone excited to see Weiland today? : I know.  I'm not ruling him out from being a very good starter in this league but I just don't think he's regarded as a top prospect.  That's why I'm just more interested to see him thane excited.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Thats cool bro..Understood..I like the guys that fly under the radar as well as the highly touted prospects..the whole underdog factor..If they are a sox prospect Im excited to see what they do with the big club..But thats just me

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I am always excited to see a kid get his chance in the bigs.  What a thrill it must be for him and his family.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I remember how excited I was the first time I got to Fenway ...

:o)

NEVER as a player, but that RF bleacher seat was absolutely twitching with excitement!  Summer of '64. 

I guess my excitement is based on Weiland's solid development in spite of not being noticed as a top chip.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tookme55. Show tookme55's posts

I see other teams with young staff. Why not us? I hate giving out big contracts for a guy like Lackey.

Give these kids a look. I'm headed to a local bar to watch this kid pitch. I've enjoyed watching this team play. Gonzo has lot to do with it.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts