ANYONE FEEL BAD FOR AROD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Re: ANYONE FEEL BAD FOR AROD

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never feel bad for millionaire ballplayers. But I am somewhat tired of the NY press, especially Lupica. You would think Alex alone was the cause of this bad hitting streak they are going through in the playoffs. Granderson, Swish, Tex and Cano need to feel the heat as well. Swish is gone, Grandy won't be seeing that big payday he envisioned and Cano better have a true MVP type season next year otherwise he will also lose big $ come Free Agency.

And Burrittio - get over it buddy.

The Yankees were ensnared by ARod when he opted out of his contract and the gluttonous machine that is New York took the bait....

This lays purely on the shoulders of one stupid man, Fat Hank. Cashman and Hal would have been very happy to see him go. It was this move that caused Hal to take on the mantle of leadership in the NY F.O. and Hank to be relegated to parking cars.

[/QUOTE] Can't argue that Hank is a buffoon.

I wouldn't want him even parking my car.

But to say Hal is totally innocent is crazy.

Cashman probably so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

As far as the A-Rod signing is concerned, I believe he is. Hal is the one who pushed for Soriano.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I thought our beloved Red Sox was full of drama this season.  

It now looks like the NY Yankees is now the King of Drama.  LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

As far as the A-Rod signing is concerned, I believe he is. Hal is the one who pushed for Soriano.

[/QUOTE]

What I was trying to convey was Hal could have stepped in to stop the signing.

I liked the Soriano signing from the start while many felt Robinson was the closer in waiting. I think we all saw what Robinson did in that role when Mo went down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Ignoring the fact that he's paid $30m/year to play baseball, yes, I feel sorry for him.

He takes far more abuse than he deserves.  Hopefully he considers the source of most of that abuse and ignores them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

I dont feel sorry for him one bit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i thought he did a great job with the questions at the batting cages yesterday.  must have spent the morning with Boras....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Why would anyone feel sorry for Afraud. He didn't lose his home or get diagnosted w/ cancer. He got replaced in the lineup cause he's been playing poorly. He's always been a narcissistic fool and always will be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In the end - no one should feel sorry for any man who makes millions of dollars playing a kids game. I felt sorry for Lou Gehrig, Tony C. and others like them who lost their lively hood due to tragic circumstances.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

In the end - no one should feel sorry for any man who makes millions of dollars playing a kids game. I felt sorry for Lou Gehrig, Tony C. and others like them who lost their lively hood due to tragic circumstances.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Girardi should also bench Swisher, Granderson and Cano.  Unless one of the two female fans was Girardi's wife, I do not see why only A-Rod is benched.  

A-Rod's replacement (Chavez) is 0 for 14 in the playoffs.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never thought I would but there is a piece of me that does. He's a human being who at the moment has been trashed more than any other player in history. I'am starting to feel bad for him. Without question I'am hoping for a Tiger sweep tonight, but would like to see Arod play and have a career type performance. He needs it and is more than capable.

[/QUOTE]

Not even slightly. Wait, let me check again........yeah, no pity at all. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I don't feel bad for anyone with a 10 figure contract. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

A guy with incredible natural talent juices anyway.

Steroid use is linked to joint problems, not great if you want to play at 42yo.

Choices have consequences!

He opted out to get the longer deal.

Age and injury get him benched.

Predicted ARod quote, "I was disrespected".

He is owed $114m from 38 - 42 yo.

Gill Meche walked away from his contract because he knew he wasn't earning it.

Or you've made your bed now lie in it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

No

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

I never thought I would but there is a piece of me that does. He's a human being who at the moment has been trashed more than any other player in history. I'am starting to feel bad for him. Without question I'am hoping for a Tiger sweep tonight, but would like to see Arod play and have a career type performance. He needs it and is more than capable.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I cried all night for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I cried all night for him.

[/QUOTE]

Good one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

At least now he can call that girl up without repercussions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A-Rod throws a baseball towards a female fan,

A-Rod:  "Hey Sweetie, write your number on the ball."

Female fan writes down numbers,..........

A-Rod: "1-1-1?!?" "This isn't your number."

Female fan: "I know.  It's your batting average during the playoffs."

A-Rod:    :( 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A-Rod throws a baseball towards a female fan,

A-Rod:  "Hey Sweetie, write your number on the ball."

Female fan writes down numbers,..........

A-Rod: "1-1-1?!?" "This isn't your number."

Female fan: "I know.  It's your batting average during the playoffs."

A-Rod:    :( 

[/QUOTE]

I didn't know it was that good.

Sections
Shortcuts