Anyone laughing at the Mets offer of RA Dickey for Bradley, Jr. and Bogaerts?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Anyone laughing at the Mets offer of RA Dickey for Bradley, Jr. and Bogaerts?

And New York Mets fans are laughing at prosposals to trade Jarrod Saltalamacchia and other spare parts for their Cy Young Award winner.

Many fans overvalue their team's players.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Anyone laughing at the Mets offer of RA Dickey for Bradley, Jr. and Bogaerts?

The Mets are just peeved at us for letting them sign Jason Bay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I still want cherry to offer the farm for King Felix. He's the one guy thats worth it.Now thats a pipe dream Softy.Lol

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yeah I want to find out what the Mets are smoking as well ? the guy is a knuckle baller who is 38 years old and could fall back to what he was.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Yes, and many Mariners fans overvalued Figgins.

Good golly, you took the bait in no time.

Over the next three years Mike Napoli is guaranteed to outproduce Figgins over the past three years.

However, Figgins was coming off three years of a combined 14.0 WAR when he signed a four-year, $36 million contract with Seattle while Napoli reportedly will sign a three-year, $39 million contract coming off three years of a combined 10.4 WAR. Like Figgins in December 2009, Napoli is 31 years old today.

That's inflation.

While I hope the deal works out for Napoli and the Red Sox, I am relieved that Napoli did not sign with the Mariners.

For what it's worth, I did not like the Figgins signing in December 2009.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

yeah, Ill give you 2 of my top 3 prospects for a 39yr old knuckleballer with one year left on his deal...What are the Mets smokin'?

And hill, it would probably fall in between our "spare parts" and their ridiculous asking price. But Id be willing to bet its closer to our spare parts when its all said and done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Yeah I want to find out what the Mets are smoking as well ? the guy is a knuckle baller who is 38 years old and could fall back to what he was.

Knuckleballers tend to age better than non-knuckle pitchers:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/what-is-r-a-dickeys-trade-value/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

How does the offer compare with one of Jon Lester for Wil Myers?

I'm not saying the Red Sox should trade Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley for R.A. Dickey, but the Mets have every reason to ask for a top prospect (or two) in return.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didnt think Meyers wouldnt be enoughto get a pitcher the quality of Lester...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not saying the Red Sox should trade Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley for R.A. Dickey, but the Mets have every reason to ask for a top prospect (or two) in return.

[/QUOTE]

Im agreeing with you, I just think it will be someone a little lower on the list. not the top 5. were only talkin one year here...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i laughed so hard when i saw this i shot pasta out of my nose! and damn near choked on the rest of it lol.

i can see aiming high but DAMN! that is proposterous. RA Dickey is a good pitcher (obviously, he just won a cy young) but our 2 best prospects for 1 year of Dickey is waaaaaaaaay too much. wouldn't be opposed to trading for him but not on those terms.. maybe xander and JBJ for Dickey, Ike Davis and johan santana at the very least!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

The heck with WS Championships. Let's trade the farm for Stanton for LF. Sign Hamilton For RF. Hit HR's and have fun for the next few yrs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to emp9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The heck with WS Championships. Let's trade the farm for Stanton for LF. Sign Hamilton For RF. Hit HR's and have fun for the next few yrs. 

[/QUOTE]

if we got stanton AND hamilton we could have the worst rotation in the bigs and still have a reasonable chance if making the postseason and win a title..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But would that September 2011 again? So you really want to see your team lose 10-7 all season long? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if we got stanton AND hamilton we could have the worst rotation in the bigs and still have a reasonable chance if making the postseason and win a title..

[/QUOTE]

My god That middle of the order would be wicked. Napoli ortiz stanton hamilton. Thats Alot of power. We'd Still have money to Add a couple pitchers too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the Marlins arent trading Stanton just yet...At least thats the word. Im sure if you parted with your entire farm system they would have to listen. say bye bye to your top 5 prospects or at least the 4 B's+...Barnes, Bogaerts, Bradley and Brentz for starters...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My god That middle of the order would be wicked. Napoli ortiz stanton hamilton. Thats Alot of power. We'd Still have money to Add a couple pitchers too.

[/QUOTE]

reports say that stanton is very disturbed by Miamis actions and outlook. he very may well ask for a trade. and is definitely a player you empty the farm for. he would kill it in fenway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Hey softy still wanna Pick up Grady sizemore??? I hear he had Knee surgery again and is out till Midseason.. Im Sure you could Pick him up cheaper than what you where origionally thinking. Does that make him a better value for you???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I overvalued Bay, back when this Board wanted him retained. I valued Bay at 2 years and 20M. He was a better fit in the AL and Fenway, but what a great example of not "you have to pay the market" as the approach to FA contract offers.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, softy admitting a mistake.

Wonder why JBay couldnt do better againsy such weak opps in the NL east.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the Marlins arent trading Stanton just yet...At least thats the word. Im sure if you parted with your entire farm system they would have to listen. say bye bye to your top 5 prospects or at least the 4 B's+...Barnes, Bogaerts, Bradley and Brentz for starters...

[/QUOTE]

I was half kidding, but yeah probably all of them. 

Sections
Shortcuts