Anyone miss...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Anyone miss...

Sitting and spitting....

Managing players, super egos, like a Circ de Sole artist?  Balancing here, soothing there ....

Bald head ...

Only a few issues here or there ....

and a season that promised - ho-hum - 90 wins or better, a playoff every other year by average ...

Two World Series Crowns ....

A doofus to CHB and others here ....

Anyone miss Tito now???

I know, he was 2-10 at the start last season, but does anyone NOT see how important his style of managing was????  (Remember the line?  "I blame this loss on Tito"  ... Maybe now you can also blame Tito for the many wins, too!!!)

Once again, thanks Tito!!!

NO.  I have not given up on this team.  I'm just asking you the question, now don't you see Tito did a great job?

Bobby's got a heck of a job ahead of him.  Let's see if he can manage at least as well as Tito.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rvicini. Show rvicini's posts

Re: Anyone miss...

Of course we miss Tito. We were sad for his departure. I think he was also unfairly smeared. The FO showed a tremendous lack of class and gentlemanship. So un-bostonian. But reality is that he is not here and he will never return as manager unfortunately. I like BV's style and he has to dance now with the ugly lady. To manage this RS after that pathetic offseason and the injuries is not easy. However people don't like him as a person and that is the real problem. Specially a group of journalists.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Yes, I miss Tito, however he would be doing no better than Bobby V. with this mess of a team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone miss...:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I miss Tito, however he would be doing no better than Bobby V. with this mess of a team.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

So tell us how you know that Tito would at this point not be doing better.? What would his record be and what teams did he lose too.?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Tito was/is a great baseball man & manager......  However, he got screwed by the same players who unless they wakeup and look in the mirror, will end up screwing Bobby V. too !!!   Changes on that roster need to be made......  Just like the Titanic, the builder of this roster is at fault.....!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Great post and I thought it was going to take 30-40 games before fans realized that all the pre-season hype around Bobby V. was worthless. Remember, Bobby V. "has these guys doing the right things," they are "doing the little things right," and how "he's one of the great baseball thinkers." Although this mess isn't Bobby V's fault, it does demonstrate how dumb the Tito haters were for postings such as "Sit and spit knows nothing about the game." It also should wake fans up to the fact that in most cases managers make about a 3-5 game difference in the standings which matters, but it's not the type of impact fans think.
    For all the mistakes the players, FO and managers made from 2003-2011 there was a lot of excitement and a lot of winning. Many fans weren't satisfied with it, but they finally got what they wished for Tito and Theo gone. Enjoy the new era.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

You know what I miss? I miss the bullpen music... That's when we didn't have to worry about our bullpen imploding every game. Our team had chemistry then...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

In Response to Anyone miss...:
    [QUOTE]Sitting and spitting.... Managing players, super egos, like a Circ de Sole artist?  Balancing here, soothing there .... Bald head ... Only a few issues here or there .... and a season that promised - ho-hum - 90 wins or better, a playoff every other year by average ... Two World Series Crowns .... A doofus to CHB and others here .... Anyone miss Tito now???     I know, he was 2-10 at the start last season, but does anyone NOT see how important his style of managing was????  (Remember the line?  "I blame this loss on Tito"  ... Maybe now you can also blame Tito for the many wins, too!!!)     Once again, thanks Tito!!!   NO.  I have not given up on this team.  I'm just asking you the question, now don't you see Tito did a great job?   Bobby's got a heck of a job ahead of him.  Let's see if he can manage at least as well as Tito.  
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

In a capitalist world we are living in its not about what you have done in the past but what are you doing it for me now. For the same reason Francoma got fired. Now you can not blame this mess on Bobby-V. Management made a decision to take a different direction and players are so much peppered that they are revolting. There is no manager in the world can fix this team with its current composition. I have said it even before the season started that we do not have a good enough team to make the playoffs. Everyone else got improved but we decided to downgrade. Any time you change so many parts its going to take a few years before the ship is sailing right. Managment and fans like you needs to get behind Bobby-V and held players accountable; if you do not play well you are going to sit on the bench or released. Changing the course was necessary for the future but if they suck up to the pressure of dumb fans there is no future either. In summary, do not expect anything playoff level from this team for the next couple years. Let Bobby-V handle the players and the team. You can make all your judgment calls on Bobby-V then. I hope they stick to their change of plans for the sake of future. If they dont goodluck finding a manager to manage these knuckle heads.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]pink hat idiots:  feel free to boo Valentine smart Sox fans:  hold the players accountable
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

Does that apply for wins also.??? Smart fan??? What part does the manager play? Smart fan ?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Bring up the PAWSOX to play..... ALL of them....
    Can't do much worse....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone miss... : So tell us how you know that Tito would at this point not be doing better.? What would his record be and what teams did he lose too.?
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]
    because the bullpen still would have given up 14 RUNS IN 4 INNINGS.....can't anyone see that is the actual problem. it seems no one is bringing that up. just pile on the manager. They used to do it to Tito too. Ignore what really went wrong and....blame the manager 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

In response to "Re: Anyone miss...": [QUOTE]To not fire a manager after he presided over the worst collapse in baseball history would have been unusual.  Also, Theo leaving was his own decision -- he could have stayed. Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE] Hardly the Worst collapse in baseball history ......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]His spoiled players laid down like dogs for him in a pennant race last September -- worst collapse in baseball history --  it was time for him to go....next question.

And they are laying down like dogs for Bobby V now.

So why was it Tito's fault and not Bobby V? Just curious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone miss... : And they are laying down like dogs for Bobby V now. So why was it Tito's fault and not Bobby V? Just curious.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    because the "pile on the manager affect" exists in all sports, especially baseball 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtWikle. Show ArtWikle's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, I miss Tito, however he would be doing no better than Bobby V. with this mess of a team.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Could the reason this team is in such a mess is one word - Lucchino.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]pink hat idiots:  feel free to boo Valentine smart Sox fans:  hold the players accountable

Are you saying that last September's issues were due to Francona not managing the players effectively, but this April's player performance issues are beyond Valentine's control?

You can't have it both ways.