Anyone noticing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EricBennington. Show EricBennington's posts

Anyone noticing?

Hanrahan cannot get anyone out - we need to get him and Bailey out of here, before the "real" season starts and the BP blows leads like last year.  Those BP losses killed the teams momentum last year (besides Bobby V)!!!

He isn't looking good, and neither is Bailey....something about closing in Boston?

Go SOX!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Anyone noticing?

And we all know that what pitchers do in early March is reflective of how they will pitch in June, July and August.

Let's give up on all these guys. Let's bring back Daisuke and Wakefield....right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

And we all know that what pitchers do in early March is reflective of how they will pitch in June, July and August.

Let's give up on all these guys. Let's bring back Daisuke and Wakefield....right?

Sounds like a plan. All they need to do is activate Wake; Dice will be a little harder.
    Maybe Oakland will let us have Reddick back. Dosen't hurt to ask!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Although it is only March and these games mean nothing, it certainly is not encouraging to see both closers performing nothing short of terrible.

Hanrahan hasnt shown and control and Bailey is right there with him. Hopefully they can get things straightened out before April...

At least the starters are looking very good so far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Hanrahan will likely be diagnosed with some ailment that has affected his mechanics, and start the season on the DL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Uehara looks very strong in this ST.  I don't think he allowed a hit yet.  He might close out for the Red Sox if both Hanrahan or Bailey can't do the job.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Uehara looks very strong in this ST.  I don't think he allowed a hit yet.  He might close out for the Red Sox if both Hanrahan or Bailey can't do the job.  

i think there are about 2 other pitchers ahead of him for closing cantidates. he doesn;t throw terribly fast and that's usually what you want from a closer. a guy who can give ti some gas and blow it by people.

Taz and Miller or even  Bard would be asked to close before Uehara would.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Bard hit 95 today and looked great. He'll be back to normal this season and will end up being a big part of that pen.

I agree mef, Tazawa could be that guy if he continues to perform like he did in 2012...

Bailey and yhanrahan need to get things going.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya i gotta say, havent been impressed with hanrahan so far. i vote we trade bailey to detroit for porcello and then sign brian wilson. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

You can get excited about kids trying to impress right now, but don't worry about the veterans, especially pitchers.  They aren't even concerned with getting outs right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

ya i gotta say, havent been impressed with hanrahan so far. i vote we trade bailey to detroit for porcello and then sign brian wilson. 

brian wilson? the guy coming off of his SECOND TJS??? no thanks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Makeup is a key to closing. Especially in Boston. I believe Uehara is probably 4th-5th on the closers list and Bard about 10th.

I love Uehara. I have stated here I think he is the 5th best reliever in baseball. But he has a shakey makeup.

And Bard is as far as being ready to close in Boston as anybody in the bull pen.

I disliked the Hanrahan trade at the time. My least favorite move of the off season. However, I still expect him to close for the Red Sox. At least through the start of the season. Closers like him work off adrenalin. There is none in March. Don't give up on him yet.

I expect Bailey to get the second shot. And Tazawa to get the third. Then maybe De La Rosa or another trade or Wilson or possibly Uehara.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Papelbon gave us closer reliability... I miss that guy 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to EricBennington's comment:

Hanrahan cannot get anyone out - we need to get him and Bailey out of here, before the "real" season starts and the BP blows leads like last year.  Those BP losses killed the teams momentum last year (besides Bobby V)!!!

He isn't looking good, and neither is Bailey....something about closing in Boston?

Go SOX!

No, it's something about thinking that what happens in spring training can be projected into the regular season.  These guys are working on very specific things and are not necessarily focused on game outcomes.  By the way, Keith Foulke had a 15.00 ERA in spring training in 2004.  Mike Timlin's performance in ST 2004 was not much better.  Things turned out fine for those two that season and for the team.  

Oh, you also mentioned that the BP killed the team's momemtum last year.  What momemtum?  Did I miss something?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Go SOX!

Yeah I noticed when he pitched against a bunch of scrubs in Yankee uniforms last week.

But you know it's only March, he is probably just working on his pitches, I swear you Sox fans are worst than Yankee fans.

Absolutely no patience.

Talk to me in August.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks' comment:

Papelbon gave us closer reliability... I miss that guy 

I miss that guy too.  But it is hard to match the Phillies' 4-year, $58,000,058 to Papelbon. 

I do not know why the Phillies added the extra $58 to $58 million.  I'm sure Papelbon needed that extra $58.   LOL 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

Wilson isn't even talking to anyone at this point, and won't until he can start throwing again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

It's funny how this thread was about something negative.

I was going to start a thread with the same title, except it was going to be about how good the starters have been. Never got to it because I didn't have time to track down the starter's ERAs this springs. (I'm at work).

I don't read too much into spring stats good or bad -- remember, Beckett's spring ERA last year was 1.99 -- but still, it's good to see Lester, Buchholz, Dempster and Lackey (last outing) pitching well regardless of when it is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Go SOX!

Got tired of just using the Ennnchiladda name?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to Alibiike's comment:

Hanrahan will likely be diagnosed with some ailment that has affected his mechanics, and start the season on the DL

Actually he is leaving camp soon for the birth of his first child

and I guess u can't recall Foulke's first ST camp with Boston either right?

Hanrahan is no Keith Foulke. As a matter of fact, he's a one-hit wonder, 2011. His BB/9 is 5.4, hardly promising for a closer.

Pittsburgh got 2 of our best prospects, and 2 other average ones for him. They were glad to get rid of him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

For those of you pining for Papelbon,his ERA is sitting at a lofty 43.80 so far this spring.In comparison,Hanrahan's 18.00 ERA looks pretty good.

Give him some time,it's only Spring Training.Now is when they try different things,work out the kinks and fine tune their delivery.He should be fine once the REAL season starts. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Still a little early. Hanrahan stated that he was even worse in ST 2011 until last week to 10 days of camp. The other day he would have had clean inning if it weren't for Drew Suttons 2 E's in that IP, yesterdy wasn't good, but a lot of pitchers hitting the wall, Cole Hammels was god awful vs. Dominican team couple days ago. Probably does have some other things going on w/ birth of son in the next few days. Hopefully new man when he returns. Keep the faith, he was an allstar last 2 years.

Sections
Shortcuts