Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees?

In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees? : LOL....how's that working out for ya?
    Posted by ---The--Babe----[/QUOTE]

You mean have they started to fade?  I guess so - they are 1-2 since I posted that comment, with the only win coming in Sabathia's start, who I acknowledge is a bona-fide ace.  And Brian Gordon was hit pretty hard, so yeah, 3 games isn't much of a sample size, but so far I'm looking pretty smart.

On another note, what do you think of Hughes performance so far?  On the one hand, he's got some velocity back, but on the other hand he hasn't been too convincing against minor-league talent.  Would you bring him back into the rotation, or wait and see if he is successfull at AA / AAA?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees? : I stand by everything I said -- in every post. You can read it however you see fit. And quite frankly, YOU'RE a little too over-the-top for me.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Kim,

You had me fit to be tied yesterday when you questioned my fidelity, As a result, my foaming at the mouth and waving the IGNORE Card were impetuous, and a a few clarifications are in order:

1) You were right that I did not properly comprehend an earlier post of yours a few days ago; my bad. 

2) Regarding the bad ump calls, I only remembered the Mauer "foul ball";
    I don't even remember the Cano play; I just took your word for it that it was an improper call that went in the Yankees favor. I don't recall the play that went against the Yankees either. In general, I don't sit up at night over umpire's calls. Life is unfair.

3) You claimed there were no bad calls in the NL series that year; I don't remember specifically, but I recall there was bad umping across the board in all the PS Series that yr. Short of an upheld protest, there shall never be replays; that would open up a Pandora's Box, and may even have repercussions legally.  In fact, bad ump calls gypped the RS ('75) and StL ('85) of WS titles. Of course, this is true in other sports as well. A couple that were notable : the '72 Olympic Mens Basketball Final (I realize this is most likely before your time.) another Olympic where there was a figure skating judge scandal, the Donaghy case in the NBA, and a football playoff game several yrs ago between the 49ers and Giants, where the commissioner complained after the fact about how it ended (Giants blew a 25 point lead in the 4th Q).

4) If/when you dig up that article, I suggest you start a thread.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

LS350, if the best idea you can come up with for your avatar is the lobster, then that speaks for itself.  Geez man, pull up your pants and at least come up with something from baseball.   It makes you look computer illiterate.  

BTW, calling a statement foolish is a swell argument ... in 5th grade.  You can do better than that. 

Ho hum.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees? :  No. The Yanks have no pitching.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Yet they have let up fewer runs than the Red Sox staff.....go figure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

[QUOTE]LS350, if the best idea you can come up with for your avatar is the lobster, then that speaks for itself.  Geez man, pull up your pants and at least come up with something from baseball.   It makes you look computer illiterate.   BTW, calling a statement foolish is a swell argument ... in 5th grade.  You can do better than that.  Ho hum.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

It took you 2 days to come up with that response?  My avatar?  Pathetic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees? : The proof is in what Ortiz is putting into his veins.....he needs some help for a contract next year
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

You mean Duncan Donuts coffee?   Seems to work for Ortiz, or maybe he just injects stem cells like Colon.   LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees? :   It took you 2 days to come up with that response?  My avatar?  Pathetic.  
    Posted by LS350[/QUOTE]

Unlike you, I work and have other things to do.  But please, what kind of avatar is a lobtser.  Are you lobster man?!?  

Again, brilliant come back to my post.  I think you just graduated to 6th grade.   Good for you.

Do you want instructions on how to copy a picture file, and set your avatar ... or are you sticking with that big bad lobster?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees? : Yet they have let up fewer runs than the Red Sox staff.....go figure.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Yet they lost 8 of 9 to the Sox.  Go figure.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees? : Yet they lost 8 of 9 to the Sox.  Go figure.  

Something similar to that happened 2 years ago and it worked out well on this end....we'll see what happens

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees? : Unlike you, I work and have other things to do.  But please, what kind of avatar is a lobtser.  Are you lobster man?!?   Again, brilliant come back to my post.  I think you just graduated to 6th grade.   Good for you. Do you want instructions on how to copy a picture file, and set your avatar ... or are you sticking with that big bad lobster?  

Yeah, you don't like the avatar, I got that.  Apparently that's all you've got.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees? : Kim, You had me fit to be tied yesterday when you questioned my fidelity, As a result, my foaming at the mouth and waving the IGNORE Card were impetuous, and a a few clarifications are in order: 1) You were right that I did not properly comprehend an earlier post of yours a few days ago; my bad.  2) Regarding the bad ump calls, I only remembered the Mauer "foul ball"; I don't even remember the Cano play; I just took your word for it that it was an improper call that went in the Yankees favor. I don't recall the play that went against the Yankees either. In general, I don't sit up at night over umpire's calls. Life is unfair. 3) You claimed there were no bad calls in the NL series that year; I don't remember specifically, but I recall there was bad umping across the board in all the PS Series that yr. Short of an upheld protest, there shall never be replays; that would open up a Pandora's Box, and may even have repercussions legally.  In fact, bad ump calls gypped the RS ('75) and StL ('85) of WS titles. Of course, this is true in other sports as well. A couple that were notable : the '72 Olympic Mens Basketball Final (I realize this is most likely before your time.) another Olympic where there was a figure skating judge scandal, the Donaghy case in the NBA, and a football playoff game several yrs ago between the 49ers and Giants, where the commissioner complained after the fact about how it ended (Giants blew a 25 point lead in the 4th Q). 4) If/when you dig up that article, I suggest you start a thread.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Steve, I wonder if you really don't comprehend anything, or it's just a tactic to exhaust anyone you're debating. You completely spin everything around. You're either going to have to make up your mind to read the posts you're commenting on, or you should put me on ignore. And don't bother waving it, I wouldn't spend a second of my time worrying about who's putting me on ignore.

Some corrections to your post:

1) I told you that I thought, since it was your team, you knew about the umpires being fired because of playoff calls in 2009. I have no idea what "questioned your fidelity" means. If anything, it means the complete opposite of what I said.

2) You didn't comprehend two of my posts -- even though you quoted them. And now I can add a third. I put the articles up about the umpires being fired, and one of the articles described all the plays.  So, I don't know why you're saying you were taking my word for it about the Cano play.

3) I said as far as I know I didn't think the National League had the same problem -- meaning no umpires were fired for bad calls. Again, calls SO bad they were FIRED for them.

As far as the story goes, I could do the obvious thing and just get in touch with him and ask him for it again. However, I'm not sure I want to tell him I need it again because I'm arguing with some guy on a message board. I'd much rather find it myself.  As I've said, I have absolutely no doubt it was the truth as he was a bit of a baseball historian. It's difficult because I don't remember the year. He called it one of baseball's biggest secrets, but even when you google that, there are many other secrets, apparently. I don't believe it should be impossible to find -- especially since he had it, and gave it to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees? : Yeah, you don't like the avatar, I got that.  Apparently that's all you've got.
    Posted by LS350[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is all I have.  Unfortunately, the argument that the Sox beat the Yankees 8 of 9 is getting old.  And although it makes the Sox 2 games closer to having the tie breaker if one should be needed, it really does not mean much going forward.

And while everyone is going back and forth about Sox and Yankees, last year's division winners are within a few games of first place.   You Yank fans should be on the Rays board, bugging them.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Unlike you (LS 350), I work and have other things to do.  But please, what kind of avatar is a lobtser.  Are you lobster man?!?  

Again, brilliant come back to my post.  I think you just graduated to 6th grade.   Good for you.

Do you want instructions on how to copy a picture file, and set your avatar ... or are you sticking with that big bad lobster?   ---soxmeister
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How is it possible that this is the contribution you make to a baseball forum? You're either goofing, or you have absolutely nothing to offer anyone here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Steve, I wonder if you really don't comprehend anything, or it's just a tactic to exhaust anyone you're debating. You completely spin everything around. You're either going to have to make up your mind to read the posts you're commenting on, or you should put me on ignore. And don't bother waving it, I wouldn't spend a second of my time worrying about who's putting me on ignore.

I agree we’re exasperating each other. Maybe, just so that you and I don’t constantly annoy and/or waste each other’s time, maybe it’s better if we don’t bother with each other. As a general rule, I am NOT into the art of deceptions, manipulations, clever omissions, etc. I’m at fault for reading posts quickly, and I’ve decided to slow it down. As far as my spinning, this is a combination of the fact that different people often disagree, compounded by our different loyalties, and the resulting combative posturing. Heck, we can't even agree on who's on this board.

Some corrections to your post: 1) I told you that I thought, since it was your team, you knew about the umpires being fired because of playoff calls in 2009. I have no idea what "questioned your fidelity" means. If anything, it means the complete opposite of what I said.

Actually, I didn’t know they were fired; I heard something about how they might be replaced. As far as “questioned my fidelity”, perhaps it was bad terminology, it was the honesty issue; I should have said “questioned my integrity”

2) You didn't comprehend two of my posts -- even though you quoted them. And now I can add a third. I put the articles up about the umpires being fired, and one of the articles described all the plays.  So, I don't know why you're saying you were taking my word for it about the Cano play.

I skipped the articles. Again, my bad, resulting in miscommunications that are my fault. I’ll check again. I can’t do it right now.

3) I said as far as I know I didn't think the National League had the same problem -- meaning no umpires were fired for bad calls. Again, calls SO bad they were FIRED for them.

My fault again, if that’s what you said. I’ll slow my post reading down.

As far as the story goes, I could do the obvious thing and just get in touch with him and ask him for it again. However, I'm not sure I want to tell him I need it again because I'm arguing with some guy on a message board. I'd much rather find it myself.  As I've said, I have absolutely no doubt it was the truth as he was a bit of a baseball historian. It's difficult because I don't remember the year. He called it one of baseball's biggest secrets, but even when you google that, there are many other secrets, apparently. I don't believe it should be impossible to find -- especially since he had it, and gave it to me.

That’s up to you if you want to pursue it. Do you know what periodicals he’s worked for?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Kim

I read the article; and I made a mistake. I DID read the article several days ago (hence a re-read), but overlooked the Cano line, which came and went like a whiff (No pun intended). Sorry about that, I tend to skim. So my "smoking gun" comment was based on reading the article, and then forgetting I read it, and skimming to boot, causing all kinds of domino effect related mis-communications and accusations. Once again, my fault for causing aggravation for both of us. However, I still think you made this article much ado about not that much. (Shakepeare would not be happy). I still don't think this is a smoking gun; we shall see what this forthcoming article says (Assuming you find it), and if it's got good stuff, I'll admit it. I agree though, don't bother this guy just because you're debating someone on a silly sports board.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The--Babe----. Show ---The--Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees? : Steve, I wonder if you really don't comprehend anything, or it's just a tactic to exhaust anyone you're debating. You completely spin everything around. You're either going to have to make up your mind to read the posts you're commenting on, or you should put me on ignore. And don't bother waving it, I wouldn't spend a second of my time worrying about who's putting me on ignore. Some corrections to your post: 1) I told you that I thought, since it was your team, you knew about the umpires being fired because of playoff calls in 2009. I have no idea what "questioned your fidelity" means. If anything, it means the complete opposite of what I said. 2) You didn't comprehend two of my posts -- even though you quoted them. And now I can add a third. I put the articles up about the umpires being fired, and one of the articles described all the plays.  So, I don't know why you're saying you were taking my word for it about the Cano play. 3) I said as far as I know I didn't think the National League had the same problem -- meaning no umpires were fired for bad calls. Again, calls SO bad they were FIRED for them. As far as the story goes, I could do the obvious thing and just get in touch with him and ask him for it again. However, I'm not sure I want to tell him I need it again because I'm arguing with some guy on a message board. I'd much rather find it myself.  As I've said, I have absolutely no doubt it was the truth as he was a bit of a baseball historian. It's difficult because I don't remember the year. He called it one of baseball's biggest secrets, but even when you google that, there are many other secrets, apparently. I don't believe it should be impossible to find -- especially since he had it, and gave it to me.

Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

kim, those umps may have been fired for poor calls but it doesn't prove your story about the umpires being told to favor the Yanks because it's better for baseball when they are in the playoffs. In fact, they were already in the playoffs when those calls occurred.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Bumped by the nhsteven alias.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Bumped by nhsteven alias 2, as the Queen of Mean has disappeared. Sorry, Lisa Lampanelli; but there is a more worthy candidate. I'm sure she'll turn up eventually, but maybe not on this thread.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]Bumped by nhsteven alias 2, as the Queen of Mean has disappeared. Sorry, Lisa Lampanelli; but there is a more worthy candidate. I'm sure she'll turn up eventually, but maybe not on this thread.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
    Hi steve , are you going to any of the phillies games, now that you have become a sox groupie?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

bp, I think you may have identified an interested scenario.  Maybe NH is a closet sox fan but he is of the pessimism type and so he pretends to be yankees fan so he can wine and complain about the sox.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees? : Hi steve , are you going to any of the phillies games, now that you have become a sox groupie?
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

No, because I'm in Pitt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]bp, I think you may have identified an interested scenario.  Maybe NH is a closet sox fan but he is of the pessimism type and so he pretends to be yankees fan so he can wine and complain about the sox.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

That's what Babe thinks; this is not true, but I did pull for them (If the Yankees weren't playing) way back when.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

No.  You worry about health, security, loved-ones.  Beating the yanks is just gonna be fun.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Re: Anyone on Red Sox: On the front burner worried about the Yankees?:
    [QUOTE]The Yankees will fade, finish third behind the Sox and Rays, and miss the post-season.  Despite the early results, the Yankees do not have the pitching to contend, and it will catch up with them.  Brian Gordon pitches tonight.  He's 32 years old, was drafted as an outfielder and has pitched 9 1/3 innings in his career.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]