Anyone read or believe this note on Drew?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: Anyone read or believe this note on Drew?

I think they would have Traded him the first good deal that came along. Would have helped him next Off-Season, and looks like Boegarts was the plan all along.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Bogaerts has been the plan all along.....I'm going to display a bit of my rarely seen narcissim here and say "I told ya'll so".

Ok well not all of you....maybe like 25% of you.  

Either way you break it down I'm not worried about the infield.  What I'm most worried about is outfield depth in CF/RF and pitching depth at the top of the bullpen. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bogaerts has been the plan all along.....I'm going to display a bit of my rarely seen narcissim here and say "I told ya'll so".

Either way you break it down I'm not worried about the infield.  What I'm most worried about is outfield depth in CF/RF and pitching depth at the top of the bullpen. 

[/QUOTE]

if sizemore can show hes healthy, between him jbj and vic, our OF defense should be pretty stellar. Add in Nava, Carp and Gomes and I really dont think we are in bad shape. Brentz might even surprise this year.

I agree though that we need more depth going forward as Vic will be done in 2015, sizemore only has a 1yr deal and Gomes is gone after this year as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if sizemore can show hes healthy, between him jbj and vic, our OF defense should be pretty stellar. Add in Nava, Carp and Gomes and I really dont think we are in bad shape. Brentz might even surprise this year.

I agree though that we need more depth going forward as Vic will be done in 2015, sizemore only has a 1yr deal and Gomes is gone after this year as well.

[/QUOTE]

It's still a concern.  At this point we really can't factor Sizemore into anything, it would be nice if he's healthy at this point.  Yes Vic can play CF but that leaves RF open and Brentz has enough swing and miss in his swing to make me wonder if he even has a future as a MLBer, maybe on a 2nd division team for a few years. 

LF I think we are set, and I have a lot of faith in JBJ.  I actually think JBJ will be a stud and should lock down the position all season if healthy, but I'm still concerned about the depth behind him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's still a concern.  At this point we really can't factor Sizemore into anything, it would be nice if he's healthy at this point.  Yes Vic can play CF but that leaves RF open and Brentz has enough swing and miss in his swing to make me wonder if he even has a future as a MLBer, maybe on a 2nd division team for a few years. 

LF I think we are set, and I have a lot of faith in JBJ.  I actually think JBJ will be a stud and should lock down the position all season if healthy, but I'm still concerned about the depth behind him. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree that OF is our weakest spot right now. From all reports though, GS is healthy and should be good to go. I worry about RF if Vic goes down and GS is having issues still.

As far as the 25% concerning Bogey, Ive been right there with you. Ive watched the kid play a lot over the last 2 years in AA and AAA. His defense has improved a lot and even though hes grown some, his agility has only gotten better.

I smile everytime i see someone write that Xander would be, or is better at 3b. He never played one inning there until last year. That, and some who have made those comments have never even seen the kid play. Im not saying he cant be a solid 3b, but hes a better SS and much improved from 2 years ago. I dont see any issue with him sticking at SS for the long haul.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Victorino has to play right in Fenway, tougher than Center. On the road Nava can handle RF he has improved big time on his Defense. Tons of different moves. Sox are versatile, which makes it easier on Manager.

Not to mention Pitching Match-ups.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder what the Sox would have done with Drew if he had accepted the QO?

[/QUOTE]

My guess is they'd start Bogey in AAA until his extra year was earned, then decide on who was better at 3B for 2014: Middy or Bogey.

I doubt they'd have traded Middy with his stock so low.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

I wonder what the Sox would have done with Drew if he had accepted the QO?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Sox would have given Drew a qualifying offer if they thought there was even a slight chance he would accept.  The rumor is that they are only interested in a "team friendly" deal for him to be a utility infielder & "Bogaerts/Middlebrooks insurance" at this point, which is a situation Drew would unlikely accept.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I sincerely doubt Drew is platooned.  A starter is rarely platooned, very rarely...they are starters for reasons.  I think it is even more unlikely an elite top prospect in Bogaerts platoons as well.  Both are rare, and combined is even more unlikely.

My scanerio is even more unlikely, I admit, which is why I don't think it will ever happen.  i think the Sox know this too, but there is no other role with the team and they seem pretty adamant at this point with rolling with Bogaerts.

I think they are politely showing Drew the door.

With Jetes retirement news today the Yankees just may take a shot at signing Drew for 2B and SS if Jete can't play all the time.  Hanley is also available next season but more so than ever the Yanks need to start looking for insurance this season and moving forward.  Nunez simply isn't a very good fielding SS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I sincerely doubt Drew is platooned.  A starter is rarely platooned, very rarely...they are starters for reasons.  I think it is even more unlikely an elite top prospect in Bogaerts platoons as well.  Both are rare, and combined is even more unlikely.

My scanerio is even more unlikely, I admit, which is why I don't think it will ever happen.  i think the Sox know this too, but there is no other role with the team and they seem pretty adamant at this point with rolling with Bogaerts.

[/QUOTE]

With Jetes retirement news today the Yankees just may take a shot at signing Drew for 2B and SS if Jete can't play all the time.  Hanley is also available next season but more so than ever the Yanks need to start looking for insurance this season and moving forward.  Nunez simply isn't a very good fielding SS.

[/QUOTE]

I can see the Yankees swooping in at the last minute and get him...They stink at drafting anyways and have pretty much given up on next years draft.  At this point they are loosing a 2nd round pick, so they can sign him to play multiple positions this year and promise him the full time SS job next year.

They plan on building their farm through the international market anyways.  I still think the Mets land him, but I think the odds of the Yankees signing him have gone up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can see the Yankees swooping in at the last minute and get him...They stink at drafting anyways and have pretty much given up on next years draft.  At this point they are loosing a 2nd round pick, so they can sign him to play multiple positions this year and promise him the full time SS job next year.

They plan on building their farm through the international market anyways.  I still think the Mets land him, but I think the odds of the Yankees signing him have gone up.

[/QUOTE]They have to be less kindly and just shove Boras and Drew out the door once and for all.  This is like a bad soap opera where Cherington just can't seem to let go of Drew who will only clutter the infield picture and slow upthe development of two of our better younger players.  If they make  the move to sign him, a bad idea in my opinion, they should make it clear to him it is to be a utility infielder for one year and for $5 million dollars----take it or leave it !!!!!  If Boras doesn't immediately respond take it off the table and let Drew fend for himself.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...what keeps this thread going on forever?

1) People are scared Drew will come back.

2) People are hoping Drew comes back.

3) Nobody seems to want the guy at anywhere near the QO offer price.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox don't need him. They won a world championship and the odds of repreating are very low, so why not go with Bogaerts, Middy and Herrera.

Oh yeah, he walked away from $14.1M. Oops.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All true but aren't all 29 regular members on record by now on what they wish for?

[/QUOTE]

That's the truth, but I guess there's not much happening, so this issue has been attacked from 87 different directions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They won a world championship and the odds of repreating are very low,///

Make that 88 directions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

• The Red Sox haven't offered Drew a contract for longer than one year, John Tomase of the Boston Herald reports (via Twitter).  Drew would like at least a one-year contract and an option, a source tells Tomase.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

To me whats intresting is how Ben played this. He did perfectly, knowing Boras would not accept QO, and how he's played the market for Drew. Hasn't backed down from his plan, about starting Bogaerts.
    I cant see blowing it now by giving Drew a longer than 1 year, then giving him an opt out clause. You lose the Draft pick, in essence you give Drew and Boras all the optiions.

If there is a last minute deal, looks like it will be under Sox terms, which is what good GM's do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

At this point I just hope the Yankees don't swoop in and get him really cheap.  He could help them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

At this point I just hope the Yankees don't swoop in and get him really cheap.  He could help them.

[/QUOTE]

He'd help them a lot if Jeter did the right thing and moved to third.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The NY Post thinks the Yankees are more likely now to sign Drew after Jeter's announcement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He'd help them a lot if Jeter did the right thing and moved to third.

[/QUOTE]

..or 2B.

But he won't.

He is selfish.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Jeter might see things differently now, being his last year, wanting to win a title, and coming off the injuries.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Jeter might see things differently now, being his last year, wanting to win a title, and coming off the injuries.

Wanna bet?

I don't think he gives up SS unless he's unable to play at all.