Anyone rooting for the Yankees today ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Anyone rooting for the Yankees today ???

I have hated them since I've been a Sox fan from the 1940s. And last year when all they had to do was win one game vs Tampa in the last series of the year & we'd been in the playoffs even though the Orioles swept us (UGH!). They blew a 7-0 lead in the last game.

Anyway, I'm pretty proud of our team winning 2/3 in SF after a depressing loss in game 2. Although I said I'd been happy with a 3-3 on the coast, now I'm greedy as I want today's game. And, let's face it, we are -2 in loss column vs Rays. The A's helped us yesterday as a guy I've liked since he left us, Coco Crisp, hit a tying HR & then they won in extra innings vs Balt.

Lackey pitched a great game and had he been spotted a 4-0 lead, we might been going for a sweep today. Wouldn't you know that Gonzo, who was the only one I liked in trade to LA, gave then a chance with a double giving LA 2 runs. Don't want to be an ingrate, but we were held scoreless after the 4 runs. Would have been nice to have a cushion. Happy to see Naps with 3/4 hits & th eusual good "D". I'll be busy tonight watching this game & switching to NFL...49ers during breaks.

OK, as per Headline do we want Tampa to put almost put a nail in NY's coffin ? As we play NY quite a few more times and we can do it ourselves, I have to admit, tough to do, but I'd like the Yankees to win today. Any opinions ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Anyone rooting for the Yankees today ???

I've been rooting for them the past two  games for all the good it's done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No, but I do hope TB loses.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

====================================

I love your "die hard" Red Sox faithful humor. You are NOT going to  root for the Yankees but you are rooting for Tampa to lose.

Good Clever Response ...Thanks !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I have hated them since I've been a Sox fan from the 1940s. And last year when all they had to do was win one game vs Tampa in the last series of the year & we'd been in the playoffs even though the Orioles swept us (UGH!). They blew a 7-0 lead in the last game.

Anyway, I'm pretty proud of our team winning 2/3 in SF after a depressing loss in game 2. Although I said I'd been happy with a 3-3 on the coast, now I'm greedy as I want today's game. And, let's face it, we are -2 in loss column vs Rays. The A's helped us yesterday as a guy I've liked since he left us, Coco Crisp, hit a tying HR & then they won in extra innings vs Balt.

Lackey pitched a great game and had he been spotted a 4-0 lead, we might been going for a sweep today. Wouldn't you know that Gonzo, who was the only one I liked in trade to LA, gave then a chance with a double giving LA 2 runs. Don't want to be an ingrate, but we were held scoreless after the 4 runs. Would have been nice to have a cushion. Happy to see Naps with 3/4 hits & th eusual good "D". I'll be busy tonight watching this game & switching to NFL...49ers during breaks.

OK, as per Headline do we want Tampa to put almost put a nail in NY's coffin ? As we play NY quite a few more times and we can do it ourselves, I have to admit, tough to do, but I'd like the Yankees to win today. Any opinions ?

I hope the Yankees lose every game for the rest of eternity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

That's how I see it too...best case is that it goes 18 innings and both teams have to burn pitching...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I never root for the yanks to win but, I too, hope the other team loses.  I have the same policy for the O's.

Can't stand the yanks and O's but the rays don't bother me as much. I do want then to lose of course.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

History has taught us to always beware of the Yankees.   I would rather see them fall out contention. Then we can deal with the Rays. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Do we have a choice? I think not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

History has taught us to always beware of the Yankees.   I would rather see them fall out contention. Then we can deal with the Rays. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Taking three of four from them at the Stadium next month would take care of that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Rooting for the Yankees today.  Kind of like rooting for Stalinist Russia on the Eastern front.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

After today, the Yankees go to Toronto for three. The probability is that the Jays will do their usual tank job for them.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

After today, the Yankees go to Toronto for three. The probability is that the Jays will do their usual tank job for them.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

======================================

I agree with you and it seems everyone else wins series or sweeps the Jays but we seem to have a tough time with them having lost 2/3 in last series. It would have been nice to not be -2 or at least only -1 in loss column vs Rays.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Rooting for the Yankees today.  Kind of like rooting for Stalinist Russia on the Eastern front.

Except the NYY aren't RED. But your favorite Sox are. 

Although this won't satisfy your meataphor; better to equate the NYY with the Germans; after all, the NY insignia tilted a little would look like ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

[QUOTE]

That's how I see it too...best case is that it goes 18 innings and both teams have to burn pitching...

[/QUOTE]

Tied at 2, and going extras. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Yanks push one across 3-2..bottom 11th

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

yanks win 3-2..thank you for your support

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

actually Jetes my friend, thank you for knockin off the devilrays and helping us back into the top spot. I caught some of the highlights. man, mariano is getting his due at every park he visits. even this redsox fan knows greatness when I see it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

actually Jetes my friend, thank you for knockin off the devilrays and helping us back into the top spot. I caught some of the highlights. man, mariano is getting his due at every park he visits. even this redsox fan knows greatness when I see it.

[/QUOTE] hey Big D, long time no see...how goes it?...actually looking forward to our last trip to Fenway(Sept 13-15)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

it goes on and on old friend. tell me something. are you on linkedin? I was looking to see if you are and there are a ton of guys with your name. you can let me know off line ok? and yeah, I'm looking forward to you guys in sept. who knows what can happen over the next couple of weeks. have a good one "B"

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] hey Big D, long time no see...how goes it?...actually looking forward to our last trip to Fenway(Sept 13-15)

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Never

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

This weekend worked out well.

The Sox won a series and pushed both the Yankees and Rays back a game.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

We should never have invaded France in 1944. We should have waited until the Reds reached Paris and Germany was defeated before we launched an invasion through Greece, Italy, and Croatia to cut the Reds in half... game over.

LOL...Rito', that sounds like a high stakes game of.... Tongue Out