Anyone still worried about Gonzalez' "lack of power"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Anyone still worried about Gonzalez' "lack of power"?

5 HR in his last 10 ABs.

I know it was mostly talking heads and writing goons, but the total overreaction to his 'modest' HR total was absurd. I hope this puts an end to that nonsense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Anyone still worried about Gonzalez' "lack of power"?

Many of us said he was a streaky HR hitter but the bashers would not listen.  Well, here is the streak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Anyone still worried about Gonzalez' "lack of power"?:
    [QUOTE]5 HR in his last 10 ABs. I know it was mostly talking heads and writing goons, but the total overreaction to his 'modest' HR total was absurd. I hope this puts an end to that nonsense.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, let me thnk about it, that would be a NOOOO. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Let me fill everyone in a bit.  AGON played in the Mexican League when he was only 15 years old.  In that league there is no Babe Ruth, Twilight, or American Legion.  You can be a teenager and playing against guys in their 20's, 30's, even 40's.  AGON is known as a "professional hitter," a term reserved for hitters such as Willie Mays or Roberto Clemente.  He is a quiet, unassuming man because he is not at all impressed with the caliber of pitching in MLB.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Bad pitching and a band box in Texas.  Don't get too excited.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'd cut him, he's healthy, he doesn't miss games for assorted heels, elbows, ribs, toes, hangnails, vertigo, shoulders, knees, concussions, bruises, backaches, flu, colds, meningitis. He hits for power. He hits for average. He drives in RBI like it's a pez dispenser for a 6-year-old on an oreo cookie diet. He fields his position like he is a maestro. He can't run, but who cares. . .I'd trade him now before we as fans get to enjoy him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone still worried about Gonzalez' "lack of power"?:
    [QUOTE]Let me fill everyone in a bit.  AGON played in the Mexican League when he was only 15 years old.  In that league there is no Babe Ruth, Twilight, or American Legion.  You can be a teenager and playing against guys in their 20's, 30's, even 40's.  AGON is known as a   a term reserved for hitters such as Willie Mays or Roberto Clemente.  He is a quiet, unassuming man because he is not at all impressed with the caliber of pitching in MLB.  
    Posted by fenwayjack2[/QUOTE]

While agree that AGON is a top flight hitter (Anyone who doesn't is a fool), that term "professional hitter," is tossed around all the time, I have heard players like Jerry Hairston Jr, and Mark Loretta be called that. AGON is an ELITE hitter, one of the best combinations of ball & strike eye, bat on ball contact, and pure raw power. Sorry for the nitpick... it's just that phrase is bestowed on a lot of middling players.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

not since it seems to have returned. :)
    yesss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I said I though AGon would hit 50 HRs at some point early in his Boston career.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the high BA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]I said I though AGon would hit 50 HRs at some point early in his Boston career. I'm pleasantly surprised by the high BA.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I was thinking .300/40-45 before the season. I'm surprisingly OK being wrong on BOTH fronts, the trade off is more than worth it. I'd be thrilled if his Red Sox averages were about .330/30/120 after the contract is up. Especially mixing in his top shelf D.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Not me... I said 25 to 30 homers, 50 doubles, and a .300+ BA... I am the best!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]Many of us said he was a streaky HR hitter but the bashers would not listen.  Well, here is the streak.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

it must be great to be you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

what the hell is it with you yazzer! all you seem to do is want to pick a fight with posters. sheeesh!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone still worried about Gonzalez' "lack of power"? : it must be great to be you.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

You are a dik.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]what the hell is it with you yazzer! all you seem to do is want to pick a fight with posters. sheeesh!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

just the ones who remind me of OATMEAL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Yazzer / Hurtlocker

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

looks like your gonna get a little rain this weekend eh babe? you can bet your azz that stuff is gonna get churned up on the treasure coast and the metal detector crowd will be out in full force. when I was living in west melborne in 04 and the first hurricane hit us and we evacuated to tampa, I found out later that my next door neighbors son found about 15 pieces of pirate gold. pretty lucky eh?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

just my two coppers..though he may not reach the lofty HR numbers some floated here(not that it was a bad thing) with a month to he could make the mid to upper 20's, team that with already reaching at the 100 ribbie mark, on a team currently at the top of the division, i'd say he's made a seamless transition in his 1st year..his body of work across the board will surely offset his jack numbers...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from (-)TheBabe(-). Show (-)TheBabe(-)'s posts

[QUOTE]looks like your gonna get a little rain this weekend eh babe? you can bet your azz that stuff is gonna get churned up on the treasure coast and the metal detector crowd will be out in full force. when I was living in west melborne in 04 and the first hurricane hit us and we evacuated to tampa, I found out later that my next door neighbors son found about 15 pieces of pirate gold. pretty lucky eh?

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Actually, we got the rain yesterday and some decent waves. I can see the beach out my office window and the surfers were out in force.

We have the guys with the metal detectors pretty much every day scouring the beach. Nice to find some gold though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone still worried about Gonzalez' "lack of power"? : it must be great to be you.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

Lame retort, even for yout.  But the point is, while people were busy slagging Gonzo for his lack of HRs, people who have actually been paying attention have been noting that his HR power has always come in bunches.  Some of us find it important to make these points, because there is always so much ridiculous over-reacting to when a guy struggles here (as if Gonzalez has even been 'struggling'.  Lets face it, with Ortiz and Youk out, he hasn't seen a good pitch in a month.  The fact that he has still been turning the only pitches close to the plate into hits speaks to his hitting prowess).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Never anything wrong with Gonzo..I was laughing at all the "HR derby messed his swing up" nonsense..Hes a streaky HR hitter..Like some said, his HR's have always come in bunches..Hopefully he continues through september..

Sections
Shortcuts