Anyone willing and able to create their own Red Sox forum?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Anyone willing and able to create their own Red Sox forum?

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Anyone? I would hate to miss so many of you be going out on my own and joining another forum... is there anyone here that can create one where we call all migrate together?

This particular forum blows.

Eh ... you take the good with the bad. This is convenient. I come to the site to read the stories and having the forum here makes it easy. I wasn't necessarily very active on game threads, but it's still more convenient that the chat room (I lost the link anyway).

I understand the complaints, but like I said, take the good with the bad. It's just a message board.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Hopefully, John Henry will get it all fixed up Smile

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

It's a board owned and operated by BDC, which has the right to delete anything it wants. Since it's free, I don't see what complaints we could have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I thought about starting my own forum, but I'm pretty computer illiterate. Maybe I can get my daughter to help.

This morning, I had to log in and out of this site 8 times, before the new post window cleared of ads, so I could write a post. It's getting too frustrating to continue for much longer. I keep expecting them to fix the problem, but I'm not even sure they care.

Sox4ever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I thought about starting my own forum, but I'm pretty computer illiterate. Maybe I can get my daughter to help.

This morning, I had to log in and out of this site 8 times, before the new post window cleared of ads, so I could write a post. It's getting too frustrating to continue for much longer. I keep expecting them to fix the problem, but I'm not even sure they care.

Sox4ever

I haven't had a lot of problems with ads, but I had a terrible time this morning trying to get a box to type in! 

When this rebuild of the forums started I thought it would be maybe a week of inconveniences but it's turned into months, and I thought once something was fixed it was fixed forever.  Apparently not.

Don't give up, Moon.  The forum needs you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

One thing I've noticed is that it works a lot better on Internet Explorer than Firefox.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

One thing I've noticed is that it works a lot better on Internet Explorer than Firefox.

I'm not usually one to complain about something I'm getting for nothing, but I'll make an exception here:

Then it must REALLY suck on Firefox.

I honestly don't find much difference.  In my case it doesn't even seen to be the browser, it's whatever the site decides to do.  

I may have jinxed myself in that yesterday I was thinking how much better this thing was working.  And now I'm having the same issues I had this morning.  I just had to try a half dozen times to get a screen where I could type and then add my post.

I've found a clue as to how's it's going to work for me though.  If the stars appear it's going to work and if they don't it's not. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sometimes it's ads invading the window, other times its a bunch of numbers and letters in the window. It's getting worse not better. I had to refresh 4 times, just to get to make this post.

Sox4ever

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Very quick and easy to create a free forum, actually (which makes it kind of amazing to me that this one consistently works so poorly and looks so terrible)...just Google "free forum hosting."

That said, I've lived with BDC for this long and probably will continue to do so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I already did, but I cant promote it here. Its up and running, but Its in the infancy stages.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I already did, but I cant promote it here. Its up and runnung, but Its in the infancy stages.

Translation; SP doesn't want any of us yahoos joining. LOL    Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I already did, but I cant promote it here. Its up and runnung, but Its in the infancy stages.

Now thats not true. you know that. Maybe Ill message you it then.

There...Done!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

There...Done!

Just kidding SP.

Have a good weekend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Oh guys, please know that we DO care ... I hate reading about all of the glitches and trouble you're having. I'm forwarding this thread to the development team right now with a note from me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

thanks Dottie!  it took me 8 refreshes to post this.

also, ima troll lefty's website.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

There are some great forums on other Sox sites, I frequent and contribute to two other sites other than this one.  Not sure if I can list them here or not but here it goes.  Sonsofsamhor.net and soxprospects.com  Lots of good conversation in there.  Only problem there is I don't think it's for a lot of people in here one of them is a huge sabermetrics site and the other is very technical and while they allow things this site doesn't (like vulgarity) they dissallow other stuff (like dumb posts). 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm sure there are othersites as well.  I remember redsox.com had a forum too but I haven't checked that out in forever. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have a lot of fun here.

I always have.

It's not a way of life for me, I spend very little time on the internet and very little time watching T.V. ( you wouldn't know that from looking at my post #s, but that is accumulated over about 7 years , with many short replies). This is what I do instead of staring at the walls during my breaks at work.

I have experienced some of the frustrating problems too. If it ever becomes to bad, I just log off and find something else read.

But I always come back. I wouldn't miss the entertainment for the world.

Plus, I know that I am Dotties favorite poster....Wink

"Advertising is legalized lying."- H.G.Wells

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Oh guys, please know that we DO care ... I hate reading about all of the glitches and trouble you're having. I'm forwarding this thread to the development team right now with a note from me.

Thanks Dottie!

I love it here and theres a great diverse group of posters here. Its just getting so irritating having to refresh like 6 times before the page loads correctly, and the load times sometimes take about 10 sec each.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

There...Done!

Just kidding SP.

Have a good weekend.

[/QUOTE]

I know buddy. I actually do have a sox forum, but never posted it here. You have a good weekend too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

also I might add that I've never been on a forum that hasn't had it's share of problems and glitches.  Just the way it is, you got to deal with it sometimes.  You're never going to go through life without getting a flat tire. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

also I might add that I've never been on a forum that hasn't had it's share of problems and glitches.  Just the way it is, you got to deal with it sometimes.  You're never going to go through life without getting a flat tire. 

yeah, unfortunately this car (BDC OTFB) has had an overheating engine, a slow leak in 2 ties, and stalls every so often. I love this place, but it needs a serious tune-up. It goes way beyond a "flat tire".

Sections
Shortcuts