Apologies to forum members

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone

In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone:
    In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone : Yes, as pike, your-echo, pawsoxphil, pollyanna, and beaconhill are the same person. Sad, very sad indeed.
    Posted by TheExaminer

I can't wait for April to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone

In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone:
    In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone : Yes, as pike, your-echo, pawsoxphil, pollyanna, and beaconhill are the same person. Sad, very sad indeed.
    Posted by TheExaminer

I miss Andrewmitch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

I miss the gamethread and all of its positive karma.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Burrito and 2004Idiots are the same person. It is sad that so many have fallen for the trap.
    Posted by Rutland76

A lot of people have several screen names here which is their privledge if they use them in a friendly manor.  I have never had an issue with Burrito being a problem.  People like "utica" like to insult people and get under your skin which is why we have the ignore button. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

I always liked the sincerity of Utica but then that is just my personal opinion. Burrito likes and worships Law, Babe, and Softlaw. That is a problem to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You have drawn a few of the bullies, but Buritto is not one of them! Some of the children here just have an ax to grind and are not really bullies at all! BTW adults do not usually have a problem with bullies, that does make me go hmmmmm.
    Posted by Ghost of Tiante

Yes Idiots is a child, you are right. Had I been bright enough to remember that children can post here as well as adults, and had I known Idiots was 14 I would never have said a word to it

I should have learned from my wars of words with harness that 95% of the board does not participate or even open threads like this joke; to enter them and engage is a hazard. 

Idiots just admit your 7 or 14 or whatever and I will apologise, if you are an actual adult than I think you know where you can go.

I am starting to think Idiot's is smiley-beni's son, the creepy photo one. That is scary.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I always liked the sincerity of Utica but then that is just my personal opinion. Burrito likes and worships Law, Babe, and Softlaw. That is a problem to me.
    Posted by Rutland76

I like Softlaw. The other two I do not care about. How do you sleep at night actually hating posters? When I am not posting I am not thinking about the forum, my guess is that you are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

2004Idiots and Burrito are the same poster. It does however provide great entertainment to the unaware on the forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by Rutland76

If you like utica then why would that make you any different?  The guy accuses everyone of being a troll, spy and not a true Sox fan.  I see you are really new here also, is this your first time here, or have you been here under another name also.  You seem to know about fans like softlaw, babe and others that a newbie normally wouldn't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Rutland, I know what you mean about not being able to wait for April to come. I miss pike already, the poor devil.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

"If you like utica then why would that make you any different? The guy accuses everyone of being a troll, spy and not a true Sox fan. I see you are really new here also, is this your first time here, or have you been here under another name also. You seem to know about fans like softlaw, babe and others that a newbie normally wouldn't. "

Are Softlaw, Babe, OurFan, Yazzer, Bosox1941, Red Sox fans? Please give us your honest opinion? Pretend that you are under oath in a courtroom.  Do you like them because they provide you with entertainment? Why not be honest?              

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

"If you like utica then why would that make you any different? The guy accuses everyone of being a troll, spy and not a true Sox fan. I see you are really new here also, is this your first time here, or have you been here under another name also. You seem to know about fans like softlaw, babe and others that a newbie normally wouldn't. " Are Softlaw, Babe, OurFan, Yazzer, Bosox1941, Red Sox fans? Please give us your honest opinion? Pretend that you are under oath in a courtroom.  Do you like them because they provide you with entertainment? Why not be honest?              
    Posted by Rutland76

I don't have a problem with them because they have never bothered me.  You seem to be the one bothered by them.  Rutland, I answered your question now answer mine.  How do you know all these posters after being here only a couple of weeks.  You just accused Burrito of having another screen name but it appears you may have had one as well, so who are you really?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Softlaw, Babe, OurFan, Yazzer, Bosox1941, and other trolls don't bother you. The fact that 90% of participants in gamethreads are negative ( especially Andrewmitch) doesn't bother you. You must have a Teflon finish surrounding your brain. What exactly is your definition of a Red Sox fan? Many others also suspect that you come to the forum and game threads solely for entertainment. Why go to a gamethread with those who trash every single player? You never get mad at those posters. In fact, you applaud them. I sincerly can't understand you. My conclusion after logical analysis that you are not a Red Sox fan. You are pretending. You are a concern troll.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Softlaw, Babe, OurFan, Yazzer, Bosox1941, and other trolls don't bother you. The fact that 90% of participants in gamethreads are negative ( especially Andrewmitch) doesn't bother you. You must have a Teflon finish surrounding your brain. What exactly is your definition of a Red Sox fan? Many others also suspect that you come to the forum and game threads solely for entertainment. Why go to a gamethread with those who trash every single player? You never get mad at those posters. In fact, you applaud them. I sincerly can't understand you. My conclusion after logical analysis that you are not a Red Sox fan. You are pretending. You are a concern troll.
    Posted by Rutland76

And my conclusion is that Rutland and Utica are one in the same because you use the exact same phrases. 
    Thats why I used "uticas" name as part of our discussion to get your reaction because I had a feeling.  You can now join utica on my "ignore" list. 

Time to choose another name but be carefull because fans here are much smarter than you think.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Posted by Rutland76

Response??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

Dude, you won't believe what happened yesterday! I was walking the street, and then I see those three huge bullies beating up this poor little guy! So, of course, I decided to give some help...

Wow! I did not know you were so brave! So, did you succed in helping?

Sure! You should have seen it! The four of us have beaten the living crap outta him!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

A bully is a person who has never learnt to accept responsibility for their behavior wants to enjoy the benefits of living in the adult world, but who is unable and unwilling to accept the responsibilities that are a prerequisite for being part of the adult world. abdicates and denies responsibility for their behavior and its consequences (abdication and denial are common features of bullying) is unable and unwilling to recognize the effect of their behavior on others
    Posted by 2004Idiots

What you have defined here is not the bully, but the one being bullied.
    Your OP justifies it, especially this:

I admit I violated forum policy by copy and pasting articles that I thought were very topical and ripe for discussion. I even continued after BDC Dottie asked us to post the link only. I regret doing so; I would have followed her instructions except for the fact that I am semi-computer illiterate. The sad fact is that I didn't know how. It is probably extremely easy to learn but I just didn't take the time to learn how. So once again I apologize and won't do it again.

My point is, if you made this admission when you were called out for it, you would not have been subjected to everything that transpired. People would have understood and it never would have been an issue. In fact, the ones attacking you probably would have defended you.

Let me just say that I think it took a lot of guts on your part to make such an admission. Had you accepted responsibility for your behavior then as you now have, others would have followed suit.

unable and unwilling to accept the responsibilities that are a prerequisite for being part of the adult world. abdicates and denies responsibility for their behavior and its consequences (abdication and denial are common features of bullying) is unable and unwilling to recognize the effect of their behavior on others

These are your words and it cuts both ways. It describes your activity as well as that of others. The irony of all this is when "EDITH" was asked to be accountable for obsessive behavior and after initially rejecting it, EDITH realized the truth in it and came to terms with his/her behavior.

A greater irony is that you are accusing Burrito of what he accused me of back when Smelly was bumping threads. I felt Smelly was really hurting the welfare of the board and I really went after him. Burrito felt I was over-stepping my bounds. The motivation I had was the same as his - which is the welfare of the board. Problem is, by bringing so much attention to it, the disruption becomes worse than the cause.

I'd like to think it best served the long-run, but the perceived cure has an obvious downside. When one is being attacked on several fronts, there's usually a damn good reason for it. But the last place folks care to look is inward.

In any event, UR admission was long and coming, but I do think it should now be recognized. Your OP took character, but the attacks directly following it was like spitting on UR own sincerity.

I have found that those who point fingers of being bullied (primarily Law and Softlaw) are the most abusive posters on this board, in that they alienate a higher majority of the board members. They accuse so as not to be accused. They abuse so they can claim they are the ones being victimized.

It's as old as time itself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone : Good point. Actually the only ones talking about being "bullied" is Idiots, OurMan, and Bald-Predictions. 3 out of 500 is not so bad.  People in the minority often claim to be the victims.
    Posted by BurritoT

I'm not talking about bullies.
    Theo Chicks run roughshod over this board. Filth like Pike, Rutland, JimfromFlorida and harnass pollute this thing.

Smiley was just nuts, that's all you can say about that guy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone : I can't wait for April to come.
    Posted by Rutland76

Is that your girlfriend?Sealed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from eunichaclub. Show eunichaclub's posts

This is the stuff I have been talking about.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ghost of Tiante. Show Ghost of Tiante's posts

Help me here, did i see that Harness was almost defending Buritto? Has sanity come to these pages? Next thing you know he will agree that the stats freaks are really getting boring (ala Moon with all due respect)! World peace may be near for all!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

What would Emily Post say?SealedUndecidedInnocentFoot in mouth

See: http://www.workplacebullying.org/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

2004Idiots ...do you have ANY kind of background in ANY kind of sport as an actual participant? Just wondering...                     

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I recall dealing with real life bullies in the 6th, 7th and 8th grades. Quite frankly, I do not understand the mentality. I was the kind of guy who just wanted to get through school without incident. I had some friends among all groups and never belonged to a clique. Where is this leading?...well, I can't say that being "bullied" on the internet is anything like being bullied in real life. Words cannot hurt you physically, but a real life bully has that potential and for a kid it can be scary. My solution to a real life bully was to punch him in the jaw in the cafeteria. At the time it was simply a reaction. I never was much on fighting but I would be damned if I was going to be pushed around for 4 years. Once the whole school knew that I would strike back, no one ever bothered me again. No one was hurt, no one got expelled or went to detention. And the guy I hit became a close friend. Internet bullying is so different , you are best served by maintaining your dignity and not acting like the bully ( or perceived bully). It is best to just ignore the posters who act this way as they are here mainly to provoke a response from you. But, always remember, it is easy to be a tough guy on the internet, in real life you need to understand the guy you attack might retaliate physically. Treat people on the internet as if they are standing next to you and respect discussions would be very empty of we all had the same thoughts and opinions. If you knuckle under to the bully and play along with his game, he likely will not stop...if he knows he is upsetting you. By starting this thread you are admitting you are upset.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

good post.

Sections
Shortcuts