Apologies to forum members

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone

In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone:
    In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone : Like I care what the admin. folks think? Moonslav is at best a windbag and at worst? BORING!
    Posted by WesternOregon

Finally, something we agree on?
    I know right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone

In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone:
    OurMan, thank you for standing up to these bullies. Your efforts are appreciated.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

What can I say...one does what one can!

Theo Chicks aren't interested in the Red Sox, Red Sox Nation or Boston fans...they're here to carry Epstein's water and fortunately Epstein is gone.
    The Red Sox are going to be light years better, even championship level better now that Theo is gone, which will continue to prove how little Epstein had to do with the 2004/2007 World Series Championships.

Been going to Sox games and watching them forever. Even took a picture with Jerry Remy and the 2004 World Series trophy. That did as much as Theo did to help the Sox win in 2007.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

This is hilarious. The OP is a chronic name caller, with names like “stooge” “lowest common denominator” “garbage” “he thinks his sh-- is ice cream”, “he attracts flies because he’s sh--“ etc. I personally have never name called ANYONE like this pathetic excuse for a human being; so who’s the bully? He continually claims he wants to talk baseball and not fight, then constantly reverts to his usual self, and even starts provocative threads on these slanderous topics! When someone stand up to his skewed rhetoric, he uses the excuse that the respondent is a "bully". What a joke. In short, his posts are laced with hypocrisy. Here’s guessing he’ll be banned soon, and will have to rear his sour puss via another lamentable guise

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

I think that Burrito and 2004Idiots just might be the same person and this person is having fun playing with the perceived cat fight. The insults between the two are therefore rendered harmless. After all, how can you insult yourself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I recall dealing with real life bullies in the 6th, 7th and 8th grades. Quite frankly, I do not understand the mentality.

I was the kind of guy who just wanted to get through school without incident. I had some friends among all groups and never belonged to a clique.

Where is this leading?...well, I can't say that being "bullied" on the internet is anything like being bullied in real life. Words cannot hurt you physically, but a real life bully has that potential and for a kid it can be scary. My solution to a real life bully was to punch him in the jaw in the cafeteria. At the time it was simply a reaction. I never was much on fighting but I would be damned if I was going to be pushed around for 4 years. Once the whole school knew that I would strike back, no one ever bothered me again. No one was hurt, no one got expelled or went to detention. And the guy I hit became a close friend.

Internet bullying is so different , you are best served by maintaining your dignity and not acting like the bully ( or perceived bully). It is best to just ignore the posters who act this way as they are here mainly to provoke a response from you. But, always remember, it is easy to be a tough guy on the internet, in real life you need to understand the guy you attack might retaliate physically. Treat people on the internet as if they are standing next to you and respect discussions would be very empty of we all had the same thoughts and opinions. If you knuckle under to the bully and play along with his game, he likely will not stop...if he knows he is upsetting you. By starting this thread you are admitting you are upset.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

The problem for school kids today in respect to Internet bullying is that many are on Facebook and are subject to false rumors and innuendo that is started by bullies and it can have profound effects on their targets. Their reputation and character can be tarnished beyond repair by one false rumor. Words on a screen in this scenario can be much worse that being in a fistfight. I feel sorry for today's kids.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

A bully is a person who has never learnt to accept responsibility for their behavior wants to enjoy the benefits of living in the adult world, but who is unable and unwilling to accept the responsibilities that are a prerequisite for being part of the adult world. abdicates and denies responsibility for their behavior and its consequences (abdication and denial are common features of bullying) is unable and unwilling to recognize the effect of their behavior on others
    Posted by 2004Idiots

It sounds like you're describing yourself. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel; I haven't seen your usual juvenile insults lately; a sign of improvement and hope.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Come on ... we're talking about bullies? What is this, middle school?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The problem with the premise of the OP is that I've seen posters who did nothing than diagree strongly with someone else's opinion and they were called bullies. There are some posters on this board who feel they're being "bullied" any time someone disagrees with them.

Beyond that, I don't understand how someone posting on a message board can be described as a bully regardless of the posting. Geez -- if you don't like what they write, ignore them.

Lloyd's right -- bullies?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Despite the façade that such people put up, adult bullies have another side to them. What complicates matters is that the  bully may not be aware or acknowledge to themselves they very often suffer from one or more of the following: # Low self-confidence # Low self-esteem # Feel insecure  # Inadequacy
    Posted by 2004Idiots

I have only been here a short time but agree for the most part on your above assessment of a bully.  Since being here I have only experienced "one bully/know it all" who questions everyone and feels he may be a bit above our intelligence on every level.  I have also only experienced "two" instigator types who try their best to get under everyone's skin because they have little to contribute to the board.  those type I simply block so I may be a bit more fortunate than some.  For the most part I have to "piggy back roys thoughts" and say most of us can put things aside and respect eachother regardless whether we agree. 

It's a forum, we see all kinds of personalities.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

No one on this forum has a right to try to stifle someone's opinion. Everyone should feel comfortable expressing themselves.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

Absolutely correct

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

No one on this forum has a right to try to stifle someone's opinion. Everyone should feel comfortable expressing themselves.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

I just don't understand how one poster can stifle someone's opinion or how someone can be made to feel uncomfortable from expressing themselves.

If you have an opinion or something you want to post -- post it. How is someone preventing you from posting or making you feel uncomfortable? I just don't understand.

You been criticized for posting stories via copy/paste of stories from this site or others. Personally, unless you have an opinion to make on that story, I don't understand why you start those threads, but I really don't care one way or another.

So tell me, how is someone preventing you from making making those posts or starting those threads?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I am here to protect anyone on this board from bullies if they need it.  I am now putting all the bullies on notice:  Don't try your bully tactics with anyone who calls me friend.  I will make you sorry you ever flexed your internet muscles.  Just you wait.  Let this be a warning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ghost of Tiante. Show Ghost of Tiante's posts

You have drawn a few of the bullies, but Buritto is not one of them! Some of the children here just have an ax to grind and are not really bullies at all! BTW adults do not usually have a problem with bullies, that does make me go hmmmmm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Image Detail

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

nice thread, you aint just talking turkey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Gee I thought this thread would have developed into something other than some cut an paste along with repetitious posts by the thread bearer, over and over and over again.

Please repeat the low self-esteem and feeling inadequate parts for the 10th time, it has not sunk in yet.

I hope by the time you drive this thread to 100 posts you will have at least 2 posters who support your "view" of things in regards to certain posters. Otherwise it is you and OurMan, which you might want to not admit to famly and friends.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Funny thread. Great entertainment. I am sure that Burrito / 2004Idiot would agree.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol. The master of multiple screen names speaks.  I should just claim to be Idiots, good idea.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

This is the most interesting thread I've read in a long time here..*laugh*

Actually, I like Buritto, Western Oregon, Softlaw(and the aliases) and any other rabble rousing posters.....

Just please keep the liberal political comments out of it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Hammah in all the time I have been here I have yet to read a poster threatening violence on another poster. This forum has done quite well at policing itself for as long as I can recall.  "Internet tuff guy," does not apply to anyone in this forum imo.   Stalking is something entirely different, and I think we are witnessing it first hand over the last 5 days. However I doubt 95% of the board has noticed, which is a good thing. It only impacts a few people at best, and life goes on.
    Posted by BurritoT

Yeah, I have no idea what you people are even talking about. When it comes to forum bullies, I take 'em on head to head, and never lose. Pike has about a half dozen cyber black eyes for his trouble in trying to call me out with his well known post policing. The thing about those guys is, since they're bullies they assume they're tougher and smarter. That causes them to get arrogant and make mistakes. Wait for it, they'll slip up, and that's when you nail 'em. "Patience you must learn". But I've never read physical violence threatened either, just a lot of quasi insults which I find more entertaining than anything else.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

This is the most interesting thread I've read in a long time here..*laugh* Actually, I like Buritto, Western Oregon, Softlaw(and the aliases) and any other rabble rousing posters..... Just please keep the liberal political comments out of it.
    Posted by ampoule

and we like you!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone : Yeah, I have no idea what you people are even talking about. When it comes to forum bullies, I take 'em on head to head, and never lose. Pike has about a half dozen cyber black eyes for his trouble in trying to call me out. The thing about those guys is, since they're bullies they assume they're tougher and smarter. That causes them to get arrogant and make mistakes. Wait for it, they'll slip up, and that's when you nail 'em. "Patience you must learn"
    Posted by TheExaminer

Good point. Actually the only ones talking about being "bullied" is Idiots, OurMan, and Bald-Predictions. 3 out of 500 is not so bad.  People in the minority often claim to be the victims.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Burrito and 2004Idiots are the same person. It is sad that so many have fallen for the trap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Burrito and 2004Idiots are the same person. It is sad that so many have fallen for the trap.
    Posted by Rutland76

Yes, as pike, your-echo, pawsoxphil, pollyanna, and beaconhill are the same person. Sad, very sad indeed.

Sections
Shortcuts