Apologies to forum members

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone

"One must stand up to forum bullies. No poster has the right to "police" other posters. This is an open forum and everyone should feel free to express themselves."

Well actually there are rules to this forum (rarely dealt with admittedly) so it's not totally open. But yeah, you are free to express yourself, others are free to challenge you. You may feel that is a police tactic but that's actually you unable to take input.

You can't call it "policing" unless that person has the power to delete you or your comments. Since they don't, there is no policing going on.

Some of the people you call bullies have never been a problem for me. Burrito I have disagreed with strongly but he also brings value and is not a troll. Harness is one of the best posters on this forum period. That doesn't mean I always agree with him either. Not the point.

By siding with "Our Man," you are showing your true colors I'm afraid. Our Man is one of the biggest bullies in the history of this forum and delights in putting people down by questioning their masculinity and name calling, a defining characteristic of a bully. By siding with him you are a "hippo crite".

I swore I wouldn't respond to Our Man again but I'll make one more comment: I thought Theo did a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong. I thought it was time for him to move on and I'm not hoping that the team loses to prove I am right or wrong about him. I want our team to win period. I never took the kind of pleasure in the Sox losing as you clearly did this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone

weird trying to get a post through and finding of all the words that BDC could ban they have banned a word so simple and obvious. Silly. On my browser the banned word isn't showing up so I had to repost a zillion times. night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

What is an Internet Troll/ Forum troll?
    An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic troll is trying to make us believe that he is a skeptic. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

Examples on the BDC forum include Babe, Yazzer, OurMan, LessPaul, HankWilliams, Georom, Andrewmitch, Bosox1941, Softlaw, Law, FenwayJacl, UDontknowjack and many others who specialize on making Sox fans irate and annoyed. They play the role of devil's advocates, contrarians, and pot stirrers. They loved to insist that Theo and Tito were wrong 100% of the time. They start hundreds of Drew and Lackey threads. They love to project that Carl Crawford will have 7 bad years. They were the hat of "doom and gloom" because they know that it irritates most Sox fans. They are happy when they upset Red Sox fans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Trolls posting anonymously on message boards absolutely love to provoke outrage. The troll's objective is not to change anyone's mind; rather, it's to write in such a way as to elicit a sequence of increasingly angry, frustrated replies that drag the discussion further and further off-topic until the original thread is in shambles.

Crude trolls subsist on the meager attention given to their vulgarity; but sophisticated trolls can keep a debate going for days by dancing on the fine line between feigned reasonableness and deliberate obtusity. They are by far the more damaging to online discourse.

What makes trolls disruptive is not the trollish comments themselves, but the chain of outraged replies they manage to elicit.

Duty Calls

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

stupidest thread ever, just skipped to the last page and got a good laugh at the cartoons.
    you're a bully, no you're a bully. 
    am not. are too
    no you are. no you are
    i am rubber you are glue
    sticks and stones

what is this a playground? go take a nap children, you're cranky

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone:
    [QUOTE]stupidest thread ever, just skipped to the last page and got a good laugh at the cartoons. you're a bully, no you're a bully.  am not. are too no you are. no you are i am rubber you are glue sticks and stones what is this a playground? go take a nap children, you're cranky
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]

The back and forth is between a person on a desktop in Cambodia (Burrito) and the same person on his laptop (2004idiots). The faux cat fight is funny to him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone:
    [QUOTE]stupidest thread ever, just skipped to the last page and got a good laugh at the cartoons. you're a bully, no you're a bully.  am not. are too no you are. no you are i am rubber you are glue sticks and stones what is this a playground? go take a nap children, you're cranky
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]

Thank you

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Trolls posting anonymously on message boards absolutely love to provoke outrage. The troll's objective is not to change anyone's mind; rather, it's to write in such a way as to elicit a sequence of increasingly angry, frustrated replies that drag the discussion further and further off-topic until the original thread is in shambles. Crude trolls subsist on the meager attention given to their vulgarity; but sophisticated trolls can keep a debate going for days by dancing on the fine line between feigned reasonableness and deliberate obtusity. They are by far the more damaging to online discourse. What makes trolls disruptive is not the trollish comments themselves, but the chain of outraged replies they manage to elicit.
    Posted by Rutland76[/QUOTE]

Pike, sometimes you have good posts; this is one of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes someone claiming to be bullied, the alleged bully goes away and minds his own business, and then the little worm chases him all over the neighborhood taunting him.  Yes the poor victim strikes again.

He has been told countless times by many great members of this forum to stop, but he does not.

Even harness my least best friend here tried to educate the lad and Idiots was not able to absorb and comprehend any of this.

BTW I have avoided the thread for nearly two days but everytime I turn around he is posting a repetitive attack on me, on any and every thread I participate in.

Sorry pike but for all my faults I would not even joke about being the same poster as Idiots2004.

I do not seek help as I know I have been abrasive many times here, but I do ask for common sense to prevail.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"Finally, I  humbly apologize for my last verbal assault on one of the bullies of the forum; I will stop after this last time..." (page 1)

I am not Burrittooo, He is the forum bully. For you to assume that makes you an a.ss. (page 6)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm Spartacus!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Yes someone claiming to be bullied, the alleged bully goes away and minds his own business, and then the little worm chases him all over the neighborhood taunting him.  Yes the poor victim strikes again. He has been told countless times by many great members of this forum to stop, but he does not. Even harness my least best friend here tried to educate the lad and Idiots was not able to absorb and comprehend any of this. BTW I have avoided the thread for nearly two days but everytime I turn around he is posting a repetitive attack on me, on any and every thread I participate in. Sorry pike but for all my faults I would not even joke about being the same poster as Idiots2004 . I do not seek help as I know I have been abrasive many times here, but I do ask for common sense to prevail.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

It takes a real kook to form a quasi-alliance between burrito, harness, & myself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No doubt nhsteven.... harness and I have gotten down right pathetic at times... but I believe us both to hold high morals, thus we can unify when an obvious plague develops and persists.  

Idiots has not responded to one single posters plea to stop - he has no allies. Yet he remains.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]No doubt nhsteven .... harness and I have gotten down right pathetic at times... but I believe us both to hold high morals, thus we can unify when an obvious plague develops and persists.   Idiots has not responded to one single posters plea to stop - he has no allies. Yet he remains.

No, he has a couple of semi-allies - misinformed ones who haven't read enough of his posts to know any better. The scary think is, some thought based on his juvenilia he was a kid, but given his sports memories, he sound like he's at least 60.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I never thought he was a kid. My original aim was to get him to stop making 6 threads a day, many of them repetitive subject matter, many of them long winded plagiarized posts.... 

I admit I was my usual impolite self when trying to convey real concerns... heck in one day the front page was 10 threads all by Idiots, and all bumped by him.  

I could consider myself somewhat successful as he now appears to be only concerned with repeating the same post over and over again, and has perhaps started only 1 or 2 threads in 3 days; much less than the 5-7 per day.

He has also has threads removed by the BDC, but still persists at being a pest...

typical runny nose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]I never thought he was a kid. My original aim was to get him to stop making 6 threads a day, many of them repetitive subject matter, many of them long winded plagiarized posts....  I admit I was my usual impolite self when trying to convey real concerns... heck in one day the front page was 10 threads all by Idiots, and all bumped by him.   I could consider myself somewhat successful as he now appears to be only concerned with repeating the same post over and over again, and has perhaps started only 1 or 2 threads in 3 days; much less than the 5-7 per day. He has also has threads removed by the BDC, but still persists at being a pest... typical runny nose.

Yo bubba burr...you've averaged over eight (8) posts per day.

Take a breath.

The Idiots average is well below yours...*no wonder I had you on ignore when I returned to the forum recently. Have a great Winter. (IGNORE)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

WOW!
    Having the two on ignore REALLY shortened this thread...lolol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone : Yo bubba burr...you've averaged over eight (8) posts per day. Take a breath. The Idiots average is well below yours...*no wonder I had you on ignore when I returned to the forum recently. Have a great Winter. (IGNORE)
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

6 threads? or 6 posts? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

First: 4/13/2011
    Last: 10/29/2011
    S5 I apologize for my last attack on Burrittoo. Sorry.
    I will take your advice and limit my postings to Red Sox baseball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am saving all my anger for Al Gore and Meteorologists. We are in the middle of a fullblown snowstorm here. W*T*F*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is October 29th - jeez.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone : Is that your girlfriend?
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]

No one?  No one thought that line was even remotely humorous?  Not even Lloyd?  Zac?  I must be losing it...Cry

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Trolls posting anonymously on message boards absolutely love to provoke outrage. The troll's objective is not to change anyone's mind; rather, it's to write in such a way as to elicit a sequence of increasingly angry, frustrated replies that drag the discussion further and further off-topic until the original thread is in shambles. Crude trolls subsist on the meager attention given to their vulgarity; but sophisticated trolls can keep a debate going for days by dancing on the fine line between feigned reasonableness and deliberate obtusity. They are by far the more damaging to online discourse. What makes trolls disruptive is not the trollish comments themselves, but the chain of outraged replies they manage to elicit.
    Posted by Rutland76[/QUOTE]

LOL....you would know pike, this is what you do on a nigthly basis. Very well put, but only because you understand the subject matter so well yourself.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Apologies to forum members/Are there any bullies bothering you?/The Twilight Zone : No one?  No one thought that line was even remotely humorous?  Not even Lloyd?  Zac?  I must be losing it...
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]
    I'm sorry, I had been away a while because I was scared.