Apologize to me now for being 100% correct about Beckett in 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Apologize to me now for being 100% correct about Beckett in 2012

I had to endure more inane bootlicking than is humanly possible defending this salami since last year's debacle...

I predicted that he would continue to be a cancer to the team and do exactly what he did at the end of last year - mail it in and play as he doesnt care..and that in turn would destroy the club from within...the line starts to the left...JoeyB needs to be first

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Apologize to me now for being 100% correct about Beckett in 2012

I don't need to apologize for something that I didn't really defend, but how bout you prop me for correctly exposing Valentine a month in, asking for his firing then. Still asking for his firing after the vote of confidence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The only thing worse than an "I told you so!" post is an "I told you so - now apologize!" post. 

Moon, sure, start your eight apology threads as well. :)

"Not until you apologize to Terry Francona"

Exactly. Georom, your anti-Francona campaign, complete with demeaning namecalling, was classless. Especially given his world series rings. When he had the right team for his abilities, he pushed the right buttons.

Having said that it was time for Francona to go. 

As for Beckett, I'm not going to apologize as I said that the Sox should have cleaned house in the offseason. I'm one of those "clubhouse is a mess" guys that wanted Beckett and Lackey gone for starters. 

However, once the season started I kept an open mind and hoped Beckett would exceed my expectations so I wouldn't have to see a crummy team this year, and if I need to apologize for that, then I apologize.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Apologize to me now for being 100% correct about Beckett in 2012:
    I had to endure more inane bootlicking than is humanly possible defending this salami since last year's debacle... I predicted that he would continue to be a cancer to the team and do exactly what he did at the end of last year - mail it in and play as he doesnt care..and that in turn would destroy the club from within...the line starts to the left...JoeyB needs to be first
    Posted by georom4

Where were you in April of 2010?  You were still defending him through most of 2011 as well. 

PS - I think the Stock Market may crash in October of 1987 just in case you want to get in on that........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Gerome,  don't forget, Dad & Bill-806 have been with you 110% of the way with this FAT-CAT-BARRRRRRR$TAD..... !!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Apologize to me now for being 100% correct about Beckett in 2012:
    I had to endure more inane bootlicking than is humanly possible defending this salami since last year's debacle... I predicted that he would continue to be a cancer to the team and do exactly what he did at the end of last year - mail it in and play as he doesnt care..and that in turn would destroy the club from within...the line starts to the left...JoeyB needs to be first
    Posted by georom4

For your information, if he was a cancer to the clubhouse, he should have started when he came to Boston in 2006.   How the heck he won WS title as well he got his team close to making into the WS again in 2008.  Then since 2010, Boston went on the decline.  So is Beckett the main guy who give cancer to the clubhouse?  I dont think so.  I think it is just a mixture of bad contracts with too many injuries and bad coaches.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Apologize to me now for being 100% correct about Beckett in 2012:
    In Response to Apologize to me now for being 100% correct about Beckett in 2012 : For your information, if he was a cancer to the clubhouse, he should have started when he came to Boston in 2006.   How the heck he won WS title as well he got his team close to making into the WS again in 2008.  Then since 2010, Boston went on the decline.  So is Beckett the main guy who give cancer to the clubhouse?  I dont think so.  I think it is just a mixture of bad contracts with too many injuries and bad coaches.   
    Posted by GoUconn13

is that why his Fl manager had to lock him out of the clubhouse on off days? because he was such a good team guy???  dumb..he's always been a meathead...now he's a meathead who cant pitch and doesnt care if he does well

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Apologize to me now for being 100% correct about Beckett in 2012:
    In Response to Re: Apologize to me now for being 100% correct about Beckett in 2012 : is that why his Fl manager had to lock him out of the clubhouse on off days? because he was such a good team guy???  dumb..he's always been a meathead...now he's a meathead who cant pitch and doesnt care if he does well
    Posted by georom4

GEO, I've never seen you bash Beckett until like June of this year.  You used to defend him.  You said you loved his "strong headed" mentality and you used to defend him.  This entire thread seems a little strange to me......A lot of people thought he had to go last winter and a few of us (ie ME) thought he never should had been extended AT THE TIME OF THE EXTENSION - ie April of 2010.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Apologize to me now for being 100% correct about Beckett in 2012 : GEO, I've never seen you bash Beckett until like June of this year.  You used to defend him.  You said you loved his "strong headed" mentality and you used to defend him.  This entire thread seems a little strange to me......A lot of people thought he had to go last winter and a few of us (ie ME) thought he never should had been extended AT THE TIME OF THE EXTENSION - ie April of 2010.....
    Posted by andrewmitch

not true..i soured on him in 2010 when he lost his mind in the nyy series and hit 12 batters in a fit of redneck rage...i was the FIRST to question his conditoning and call him fat/out of shape (not that it matters)  you didnt want him resigned and that made sense given the amount of time left in the old contract...but i dont think anyone could have predicted how badly he has played...and worse, his attitude which did go from being team first/caring to indifferent and arrogant....but im thinking he was always like that - we see what we want to see...i did like it when he did get thrown out w/BV last week...that gave me a little hope....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

BurritoT verbally assailed one Josh Becket August 1, 2011 ans never stopped. Late to the party geo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

wow...great prediction...you are amazing.  that's like predicting the yankees will win the AL East.  i certainly know that the rest of us thought he would be pedro reincarnate.  our bad.  sorry.?!.?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

umm...dislaimer...the thread was tongue-in-cheek....we all know beckett is a meathead....the only question was to what degree...but i guess people are pizzed about losing...

but im betting these same folks wont remove beckett from the rotation (like they wouldnt remove wake last yr) because we have no one else....hmmm

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Apologize to me now for being 100% correct about Beckett in 2012 : not true..i soured on him in 2010 when he lost his mind in the nyy series and hit 12 batters in a fit of redneck rage...i was the FIRST to question his conditoning and call him fat/out of shape (not that it matters)  you didnt want him resigned and that made sense given the amount of time left in the old contract...but i dont think anyone could have predicted how badly he has played...and worse, his attitude which did go from being team first/caring to indifferent and arrogant....but im thinking he was always like that - we see what we want to see...i did like it when he did get thrown out w/BV last week...that gave me a little hope....
    Posted by georom4

You did question his conditioning but you still stook up for him. 

As I said, the apologizes go to the people who called him out immediately after the contract, not last September.....or today......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

But wasn't this supposed to be his "on year" ? I thought next year was his "off year? Man, it's hard to keep things straight with that guy. Of course, we all know there's no confusion about when his days off are!! :p Seriously, I'd DFA him now and hope a contender needs him and rolls the dice that a change of scenery could help. Guy simply shouldn't be allowed a roster spot like he is.
    Posted by Teakus

Just check out baseballreference.com. Here is the link. This is his "off" year; next year he will do better.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/beckejo02.shtml

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Beckett won't be removed from the rotation because he makes a boatload of money.  FO would be insane to do otherwise.  talk about taking a beating. 
    now if Mr. Beckett was suddenly to have a "back spasm", "stiff shoulder", or "blister" that put him on the DL...well that's another story. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Are there any good free agent starters available?

At this point I'd put him on waivers and give him away if someone wants him. Freeing up that money is enough of a return for him for me. He's the type of player who I'm sure will go somewhere else and bounce back, but he's just not finding the motivation to turn it around for the Red Sox.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Are there any good free agent starters available? At this point I'd put him on waivers and give him away if someone wants him. Freeing up that money is enough of a return for him for me. He's the type of player who I'm sure will go somewhere else and bounce back, but he's just not finding the motivation to turn it around for the Red Sox.
    Posted by Motown9009

No, not really.  Zack Greinke and Joe Saunders pretty much top the list to give you an idea......Cole Hammels would have but he's since been re-signed......An ace will have to acquired via a trade.  Cliff Lee will be available....and another rotation spot will have to be filled via our farm system........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Geo, you know, despite my distaste for your Beckett-rails, I am in 100% agreement with you regarding his fitness, or lack-there-of.  And i do grant you that you heralded his debacle of a season from on high.  However, I cannot apologize.  If anything, I wish for you to apologize for making me suffer through all your bellyaching.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

lol Space..now youre getting the thread!  i mean really, spologoze to some guy over the net???? lol

but i wish i were wrong about JB..he is a chump (on both coasts!)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I have said it before and I'll say it again.
    Of Josh's 19 starts 14 have been quality starts. 5 crappy ones
    14 starts with runs scored against 4 (4 times) and the rest 3 or less.
    14 starts with 8 that were 7 or 8 innings and 6 of 6+ innings
    He has had 6 games where he gave up 3 or less and lost and 3 with NDs.

I did the run support umbers once and if Josh had the same run support as Clay he'd have 12 Wins now.

Of course I always say this and it gets glossed over because many wish to go after the percieved cancer in the clubhouse. Which has been refuted by both Ross and Aviles as they both have stated the RS clubhouse is one of the best they have ever been with.
    People run with the cancer thing and agree with any thing the media says to support it but disregard it as BS and CYA when other players say other wise.

Just remember Ted, Rice, and Many were considered bad by some in the media and believed by some fan but never by their team mates. Minly because they dd not talk to some in the media.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

IP ER QS          
    1 4.2 7 N          
    2 8 1 Y          
    3 7 3 Y          
    4 6 2 Y          
    5 6.2 3 Y          
    6 2.1 7 N          
    7 7 0 Y          
    8 7.2 1 Y          
    9 7 2 Y          
    10 7 4 N          
    11 8 2 Y          
    12 7 4 N          
    13 6 2 Y          
    14 5 6 N          
    15 6 3 Y          
    16 6 4 N          
    17 7 4 N          
    18 2.2 1 N          
    19 7 8 N          

Totals     10          
          53%          

Last 4 starts - no QS              
    Last 2 starts - complete bombs            
    Last 10 Starts, only 3 QS - that's only 30% of the time he gives us a chance to win  
    He has't had 2 consecutive QS since May          

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Am, i have no idea what Jim is babbling about....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

I have said it before and I'll say it again. Of Josh's 19 starts 14 have been quality starts. 5 crappy ones 14 starts with runs scored against 4 (4 times) and the rest 3 or less. 14 starts with 8 that were 7 or 8 innings and 6 of 6+ innings He has had 6 games where he gave up 3 or less and lost and 3 with NDs. I did the run support umbers once and if Josh had the same run support as Clay he'd have 12 Wins now. Of course I always say this and it gets glossed over because many wish to go after the percieved cancer in the clubhouse. Which has been refuted by both Ross and Aviles as they both have stated the RS clubhouse is one of the best they have ever been with. People run with the cancer thing and agree with any thing the media says to support it but disregard it as BS and CYA when other players say other wise. Just remember Ted, Rice, and Many were considered bad by some in the media and believed by some fan but never by their team mates. Minly because they dd not talk to some in the media.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

I've always liked Beckett, I'd love for him to succeed. But I love the team first, and he's not going anything to help them this year, and it's been a long time since you could count on him helping on a consistant basis.

I don't know what he's like on the clubhouse and I really don't care. If they love him or hate him, it doesn't matter if he plays well. But what I don't like is the attitude that comes from him, which might show why he's not pitching well - he really doesn't seem too concerned with how things are going. He either sums the day up with cliches about making adjustments and keeping the ball up, making it sound like there was just one little thing he needs to correct....or he gets angry and defensive that anyone dares suggest that giving up 8 runs isn't very good. He's that "everything is fine, the media just makes it seem like it's not" attitude. Everything is not fine, he's not an adjustment or two away, and in no world should giving up 8 runs be an every couple of game occurance from an "ace".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I've said this before and I'll say it again - don't let the facts confuse you with made up illusions:

IP ER QS      
    1 4.2 7 N      
    2 8 1 Y      
    3 7 3 Y      
    4 6 2 Y      
    5 6.2 3 Y      
    6 2.1 7 N      
    7 7 0 Y      
    8 7.2 1 Y      
    9 7 2 Y      
    10 7 4 N      
    11 8 2 Y      
    12 7 4 N      
    13 6 2 Y      
    14 5 6 N      
    15 6 3 Y      
    16 6 4 N      
    17 7 4 N      
    18 2.2 1 N      
    19 7 8 N      

Totals     10      
          53%      

Last 4 starts - no QS.          
    Last 2 starts - complete bombs.        
    Last 10 Starts, only 3 QS - that's only 30% of the time he gives us a 
    chance to win.          
    He has't had 2 consecutive QS since May.      

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Beckett has been hurt.

Small sample sizes can be misleading.

Morales should be starting, but for Cook not Beckett.

Cook's last 4:
    IP  ER
    6.1  3
    4.0  6
    4.2  6
    7.0  1

Even Doubront has let up 5 ERs in 2 of his last 3 starts.

To me, out of all of our starting pitchers, with the exception of maybe Morales, the guy I think has the best shot at regaining his form and doing well throughout the rest of the season and playoffs is Beckett.

Sections
Shortcuts