April schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: April schedule

Games in April do not mean anything.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Who's the favorite in the East? Toronto

Who has the most pressure to win in the now? Toronto

Who's the team in the East with the least amount of pressure to contend? Boston

Who's the team most likely to open the year "hot"? How knows...Last year it was the O's..

Who will be there in the end...Tampa & New York

Who will win the East...The team that plays best within the division and wins north of 93 games...

Today on paper the Jay's & Rays look to be the best team with the Yank's right on thier heals...both the O's and Sox have the ability to be in the mix too...As I said last month...it's a division of attrition and all 5 teams are in the mix and it's a 5 team race for 2nd place and a plus 90 win season which should be enough to be in the mix for the Division & one of the Wildcards...

If the Sox play .500 ball in the month of April, they'll have done well given thier schedule...A couple of games either way won't make or break the season. You can't win the divsion in April, but you can severly hamper your cause...The last team to go wire to wire was the 1984 Tigers who never spent 1 day in 2nd place on thier way to a World Series.

In the end, if they want to keep the sharks at arms length, it's all about how they play the game and the tenor of the clubhouse early on. Hopefully the drama that was the clubhouse and the insessant infighting will be replaced by professionalism and that will manifest itself on the field and the Sox come to play everyday. Win, lose or draw if each of the players and the management team both on the field and in the front office speak with one voice and all are committed to the success of the team...I'll be more than happy to lend my support and root, root, root for the home team.

Let the games begin and may the best team win...It's a long and winding road between the begining of camp and the seasons end in October...Hope springs eternal and wait til next year is fast approaching for every fan of the game...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I need more info B4 I can buy that BT

need U to define pressure

U talkin P from themselves ? the fans ? FO ? 

all of the above?

I know there are those here who R into the ole

no problem wait till next yr

R 3yr plan is guaranteed to work etc etc

but I think that's a low % of RSN

and it will strink once the games start

sure expectations might be low but

this team will still have a serious payroll

I look at the sox slightly above the yanks in the pressure dept this yr

can't see anyone with less pressure than a ray

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'd expect the Jays to get off the to the hottest start - and it may not end if Johnson and Dickey stay healthy.  

I think this is the year the Yankees finally drop from their perch.

They didn't have a whole lot going for them last year - they got more than they had a right to expect from Kuroda, but I wouldn't bank on a repeat performance.  Other than that, they powered their way to 95 wins, but showed very real signs of aging.

They've lost Swisher, Martin, Ibanez, Chavez and A-Rod's out for the year.  Even if Youk and Hafner are 100%, that's a lot of HRs to leave on the table.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

I need more info B4 I can buy that BT

need U to define pressure

U talkin P from themselves ? the fans ? FO ? 

all of the above?

I know there are those here who R into the ole

no problem wait till next yr

R 3yr plan is guaranteed to work etc etc

but I think that's a low % of RSN

and it will strink once the games start

sure expectations might be low but

this team will still have a serious payroll

I look at the sox slightly above the yanks in the pressure dept this yr

can't see anyone with less pressure than a ray

Zac,

In 2011 they came into the season as WS favorites...This season they're picked to finish no higher than 3rd by the national pudits and most have them 4th or 5th. Given the purge and the hiring of Farrell. The tone and tenor of the lockeroom will be less dramatic and the local press will have to move on from chicken and beer. So during the spring while the roster come together. Farrell and the teams leaders (Pedrioa, Ortiz etc) can during the spring set the tone for How they'll play the games beginning on April 1st, when the teams head north. The rally call can be why not us.

Every season when Yankees come north the minimum expectation of the fans and press is WS or bust. The Blue Jays went all in and in so doing raised the bar and if they don't make the playoffs it'll be armageddon in Ontario. I agree the Rays have little pressure given the market they play in and that they're fiscal success is not tied to wins and losses...rather the annual welfare check they recieve from MLB. The Orioles just have to continue to show that they're on the right track. If the Sox fall short of making the playoffs but play hard and play as a team, put the drama of the last few years behind them. while many will be disappointed, no one will be surprised and It's a forgone conclusion that  the omni-present media led by the trio of mazz, feller and shaunessy will try to create as much controversy as they can. In the interest of selling news papers. if the players and managers continue to play hard and stay together. The only targets for the media will then be Cherington and the ownership group for their lack of building a championship roster....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

GM BT

assuming your point is
    compared to recent yrs

the sox have a lot less pressure on them

I'm with you 100%

just can't go with ''the least''

Every season when Yankees come north the minimum expectation of the fans and press is WS or bust.

not this yr my friend

BTW BT

media led by the trio of mazz, feller and shaunessy will try to create as much controversy as they can.

3 of my favs

no doubt  mazz & feller go pretty far ( notice I didn't say 2 far)

they make me laugh more than anything on tv

fraid she's right

see'in how this is a ''red sox board '' and all

I'll save U the details on why there is  such low pressure/expectations

in yankeeland this season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

GM BT

assuming your point is
    compared to recent yrs

the sox have a lot less pressure on them

I'm with you 100%

just can't go with ''the least''

Every season when Yankees come north the minimum expectation of the fans and press is WS or bust.

not this yr my friend

BTW BT

media led by the trio of mazz, feller and shaunessy will try to create as much controversy as they can.

3 of my favs

no doubt  mazz & feller go pretty far ( notice I didn't say 2 far)

they make me laugh more than anything on tv

fraid she's right

see'in how this is a ''red sox board '' and all

I'll save U the details on why there is  such low pressure/expectations

in yankeeland this season

I'll bite...It's because the Yankees owners decided they for some reason need to cut payroll and as such instead of adding too, they subtracted from a roster that was already flawed. Stay tuned for the summer of discontent in the Bronx's (2008) followed by a winter of excess (2009). Something tells me that the Stein boys aren't going to like the heat they get this summer when the Post, the Times and the local sport talk shows skewer them for pocketing the cash and the fans burn them in effigy, outside the stadium...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

So far, it looks like the Yankees are serious about getting their payroll below $189 million by 2014.  The Pirates (of all teams) outbid the Yankees for Russell Martin.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

The first few weeks will be very interesting 

at NY then at Toronto 3 each

home vs. O's 3 and Rays 4

then at terry and the Indians 

should keep this forum hopping and full of foolish comments on the season.

Boston needs to win each series (win 2 out of 3) right off the bat.  

So after 13 games vs. the Yankees, Blue Jays, O's and Rays, hopefully the Red Sox can be 8-5.  

I still expect a brawl in April.   LOL

The start has been far better than even I envisioned. I would have been happy with a winning record. This so far has been very good.