Aramis Ramirez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Aramis Ramirez?

If we can't agree with Papi,  plug in A. Ramirez at DH or 3B along with Youk and let Papi try and make the Yankees better.

Ellsbury LHH CF
    Pedroia RHH 2B
    Youk RHH DH/3B
    Adrian LHH 1B
    A. Ramirez RHH 3B/DH
    Crawford LLH LF
    Cuddyer RHH RF
    Lavarnway/Salty RHH/SWH C
    Scutaro/Aviles RHH SS

Starters:
    Beckett
    Lester
    Buccholz
    Buerhrle
    Wang
    Aceves

Relievers:

Bard
    Pap
    Aceves
    Madson
    Weiland
    Jenks
    Morales
    Miller

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Aramis Ramirez?

NOT SURE OUR ROSTER IS READY FOR ANOTHER  RAMIREZ !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The Sox will have to work out a schedule for the guys to be rotated on and off the DL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Aramis Ramirez?:
    [QUOTE]If we can't agree with Papi,  plug in A. Ramirez at DH or 3B along with Youk and let Papi try and make the Yankees better. Ellsbury LHH CF Pedroia RHH 2B Youk RHH DH /3B Adrian LHH 1B A. Ramirez RHH 3B/DH Crawford LLH LF Cuddyer RHH RF Lavarnway/Salty RHH/SWH C Scutaro/Aviles RHH SS Starters: Beckett Lester Buccholz Buerhrle Wang Aceves Relievers: Bard Pap Aceves Madson Weiland Jenks Morales Miller
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

By my count that's six free agents with a budget liekly to be around 30M doubtful we can sign that many...respectfully, none of whom IMHO would be huge upgrades save for Cuddyer who is a grinder, just not sure his glove plays in RF...Ramirez who's a butcher with the glove, hasn't exactly been a pillar of health and is on the wrong side of 30...Buerhle and Wang are both solid options maybe not who'd I'd choose. Buerhle would slot in to the #4 slot which is what we need and Wang would represent a pitcher that provises us with organizational depth another need....As for Papelbon and Madson it would likely be a choice of either/or since both will want to close. Frankly I think we'd be better served to just hand the ball to Bard and use the moneys that we'd need to re-sign Papelbon 13M to 14 M and spread the wealth and sign 2 or 3 arms to bolster the depth in the pen...Guys like Broxton and former Sox great Javier Lopez would be solid additions....This team will not fill all of thier needs in FA alone but I do see them adding 2 or 3 and the rest will be internal or aquired via trade...

If I were the Sox GM looking at retooling the team. I would put together a list of players that have already made an impact at the big league level that address a position of need. Then make some calls to the GM's of those teams and see if we matched up with them and look to aquire a RF or a 3B / SS maybe even a Beckett / Loweel type deal where we eat a bad contract...One that would be just entering his prime, under the teams control for 2 years at minimum and/or open to negotiating an extension. Then depending on who that players is and where he plays fill the remaining position needs through free agency and the farm...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

The only way this team takes on Cuddyer is if Crawford goes to Right Field,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Aramis Ramirez?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Aramis Ramirez? : By my count that's six free agents with a budget liekly to be around 30M doubtful we can sign that many...respectfully, none of whom IMHO would be huge upgrades save for Cuddyer who is a grinder, just not sure his glove plays in RF...Ramirez who's a butcher with the glove, hasn't exactly been a pillar of health and is on the wrong side of 30...Buerhle and Wang are both solid options maybe not who'd I'd choose. Buerhle would slot in to the #4 slot which is what we need and Wang would represent a pitcher that provises us with organizational depth another need....As for Papelbon and Madson it would likely be a choice of either/or since both will want to close. Frankly I think we'd be better served to just hand the ball to Bard and use the moneys that we'd need to re-sign Papelbon 13M to 14 M and spread the wealth and sign 2 or 3 arms to bolster the depth in the pen...Guys like Broxton and former Sox great Javier Lopez would be solid additions....This team will not fill all of thier needs in FA alone but I do see them adding 2 or 3 and the rest will be internal or aquired via trade... If I were the Sox GM looking at retooling the team. I would put together a list of players that have already made an impact at the big league level that address a position of need. Then make some calls to the GM's of those teams and see if we matched up with them and look to aquire a RF or a 3B / SS maybe even a Beckett / Loweel type deal where we eat a bad contract...One that would be just entering his prime, under the teams control for 2 years at minimum and/or open to negotiating an extension. Then depending on who that players is and where he plays fill the remaining position needs through free agency and the farm...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Bean, I agree neither Ramirez or Wright are great 3B, but Youks little help if he's never healthy during the home stretch or PS.  We need guys who are hungry to win a championship, preferably players who have never one one.  I'm not sure a guy like Broxton is a solid option over a "middle reliever" like Madson who could allow Aceves to start if needed.

I'm tired of having starters get hurt, then painfully watching guys like Wake, Miller and Weiland struggle to pitch 5 solid innings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

5 years/$75M (2007-11), plus 2012 club option
    • re-signed by Cubs as a free agent 11/06
    • $5M signing bonus
    • 07:$8M, 08:$14M, 09:$15.65M, 10:$15.75M, 11:$14.6M player option, 12:$16M club option ($2M buyout)

Aramis Ramirez wants at least a 3-year contract according to reports.    He'll want at least what Drew got.   
    No deal.    Will Middlebrooks is the Sox 3rd baseman of the future  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]5 years/$75M (2007-11), plus 2012 club option re-signed by Cubs as a free agent 11/06 $5M signing bonus 07 :$8M, 08 :$14M, 09 :$15.65M, 10 :$15.75M, 11 :$14.6M player option, 12 :$16M club option ($2M buyout)   .............................................. Aramis Ramirez wants at least a 3-year contract according to reports.    He'll want at least what Drew got.    No deal.    Will Middlebrooks is the Sox 3rd baseman of the future  
    Posted by OnDeckCircle[/QUOTE]

On Deck, Will Middlebrooks is still just a minor leaguer like Iglesias who has yet to prove he can handle 3B, or hit at the upper levels.  Lets see what Middlebrooks brings to AAA this season before labeling him our future 3B.  Anderson was supposed to be our next power hitting 1B before Rizzo, so I'm not real comfortable branding youngsters who are still raw.

Ramirez may not be an answer either but I do know Youk is useless to our team if he can't play down the stretch or PS.  Aviles and maybe Middlebrooks can help him stay healthy by providing quality starts for us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Aramis Ramirez?:
    [QUOTE]If we can't agree with Papi,  plug in A. Ramirez at DH or 3B along with Youk and let Papi try and make the Yankees better. Ellsbury LHH CF Pedroia RHH 2B Youk RHH DH /3B Adrian LHH 1B A. Ramirez RHH 3B/DH Crawford LLH LF Cuddyer RHH RF Lavarnway/Salty RHH/SWH C Scutaro/Aviles RHH SS Starters: Beckett Lester Buccholz Buerhrle Wang Aceves Relievers: Bard Pap Aceves Madson Weiland Jenks Morales Miller

It is possible.  But I do not think Boston is going to pay 3 to something years contract for a large amount of salary per year for both Papelbon and Madison.  Also Miller is not coming back.  Also cant have three injured prone pitchers on the pitching staffs from Wang to Miller to Jenks.  I think Miller is more likely to be gone and sign Wang over Wakefield as a back up starter or 5th starter.  But since you do not have Lackey in the rotation which sounded like he is being traded.  So therefore, he may be trade for a bad contract player.  So who that could be?  I do not see any bad contract player in the line up or on the pitching staff.  It is more likely Zambaro, Soriano, Vernon Well, or any over 10 millions dollars per year bad contract is coming to Boston.  Boston isnt going to just let go Lackey and eat up alot of portion of the salary like they did to Lugo, Offerman, Manny, etc!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Aramis Ramirez? : It is possible.  But I do not think Boston is going to pay 3 to something years contract for a large amount of salary per year for both Papelbon and Madison.  Also Miller is not coming back.  Also cant have three injured prone pitchers on the pitching staffs from Wang to Miller to Jenks.  I think Miller is more likely to be gone and sign Wang over Wakefield as a back up starter or 5th starter.  But since you do not have Lackey in the rotation which sounded like he is being traded.  So therefore, he may be trade for a bad contract player.  So who that could be?  I do not see any bad contract player in the line up or on the pitching staff.  It is more likely Zambaro, Soriano, Vernon Well, or any over 10 millions dollars per year bad contract is coming to Boston.  Boston isnt going to just let go Lackey and eat up alot of portion of the salary like they did to Lugo, Offerman, Manny, etc!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Hey Uconn,

Madson is more of a middle reliever like Aceves and won't be earning even close to a Pap type salary.  Signing Mad is a "no brainer" if I'm management because he is the one guy that has the ability to pick up the slack for Aceves if we need a starter.  Or if Alfredo gets hurt

Who would you rather see if needed?  Wake, Miller and Weiland, or Wang and Aceves?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

A computer analysis of the value of patience at the plate could lead Epstein to wave goodbye to third baseman Aramis Ramirez, who has said he wants to return but will decline the $16 million mutual option for 2012 and become a free agent.

Ramirez was second worst in the National League in pitches per plate appearance (3.32) and led the league in swinging at the first pitch (42.2 percent of the time). Ramirez also led the majors with 12 first-pitch home runs.  Chicago Tribune

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

He seems to think he is worth more than 16 million next year, NO THANKS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]He seems to think he is worth more than 16 million next year, NO THANKS!
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I didn't read that about Aramis burrito.  You're right hes not for that kind of money but may get it somewhere.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aramis Ramirez? : Hey Uconn, Madson is more of a middle reliever like Aceves and won't be earning even close to a Pap type salary.  Signing Mad is a "no brainer" if I'm management because he is the one guy that has the ability to pick up the slack for Aceves if we need a starter.  Or if Alfredo gets hurt Who would you rather see if needed?  Wake, Miller and Weiland, or Wang and Aceves?

I rather to have Weiland along with Wang and Aceves.  Wakefield and Miller is more likely to be gone.  Why?  Wakefield is old and taking away a roster spot from a young pitcher who is trying to develop to be a major league pitcher. Miller is worthless.  He was just brought up too early to be a major league level pitcher when he was with the Tigers in 2006.  Maybe Boston can keep him, but he must have a minor league contract where he can start the season at minor league until he can prove that he can be call up.  He just never have a history of injury, but couple times he had a arm fatigue problem.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

What about a bad contract trade of Mark Reynolds for Lackey and Reddick.
    There would be some fireworks in the O's dugout at the first Lackey--Showalter staredown.

Reynolds strikes out a lot but he puts up some decent power stats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

Id like to see us stop signing the big money free agents except for some pitching. At one time we were going to play defense and pitch what happened....Oh we signed Lackey and resigned Beckett. I KNOW Iggy and Middlebrooks arent ready for the majors BUT i dont care if they hit 230 if they can play defense. We scored a ton of runs last year so i dont think we need to spend money on a power hitting rhanded RF. Get rid of Beckett for sure, it sounds like he is the ring leader of the beer guzzling Texas good old boys. I like a line up of Els,Pedey,AGon, Youk(dh), ?(rf), CC,Salty/Lav,Scute(3b), and Iggy. Sp: Buck,Lester(maybe), Wilson,Aceves,, maybe Doubrant or the guy from Japan.  Rp:Bard,Morales,and a cast of thousands or maybe resign Pap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Any projected/predicted/wished for 2012 roster with Youk on it does not make sense. Why? Two straight years of around only 100 games played, multiple injuries = DL just waiting to happen, and having this self appointed tough guy hanging around the team while on the DL to make a point (The disasterous Ellsbury point) just causes clubhouse problems. Not to mention he it around .250 and is not that good fielding at third. Trade him to the Reds for_______________.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]What about a bad contract trade of Mark Reynolds for Lackey and Reddick. There would be some fireworks in the O's dugout at the first Lackey--Showalter staredown. Reynolds strikes out a lot but he puts up some decent power stats.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

MadMc, Reynolds with a solid BA instructor could be a diamond in the rough. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Id like to see us stop signing the big money free agents except for some pitching. At one time we were going to play defense and pitch what happened....Oh we signed Lackey and resigned Beckett. I KNOW Iggy and Middlebrooks arent ready for the majors BUT i dont care if they hit 230 if they can play defense. We scored a ton of runs last year so i dont think we need to spend money on a power hitting rhanded RF. Get rid of Beckett for sure, it sounds like he is the ring leader of the beer guzzling Texas good old boys. I like a line up of Els,Pedey,AGon, Youk(dh), ?(rf), CC,Salty/Lav,Scute(3b), and Iggy. Sp: Buck,Lester(maybe), Wilson,Aceves,, maybe Doubrant or the guy from Japan.  Rp:Bard,Morales,and a cast of thousands or maybe resign Pap.
    Posted by maxnsl[/QUOTE]

I agree max but Cuddyer may be one worth signing for RF.  Let the vets go, Wake, Tek and Drew are just taking up valuable space we could upgrade on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Any projected/predicted/wished for 2012 roster with Youk on it does not make sense. Why? Two straight years of around only 100 games played, multiple injuries = DL just waiting to happen, and having this self appointed tough guy hanging around the team while on the DL to make a point (The disasterous Ellsbury point) just causes clubhouse problems. Not to mention he it around .250 and is not that good fielding at third. Trade him to the Reds for_______________.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Makes perfect sense Sin unless its at DH.  3B is going to kill Youks career.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aramis Ramirez? : MadMc, Reynolds with a solid BA instructor could be a diamond in the rough. 

That is insane. This guy is a long time vet. He hits for power and nothing else....how would it be that he will find this magical hitting coach that will increase his ability to square more balls up? Dont think so. Its nice that he hits 30+ homers a year, but not so nice that he strikes out 200+ times a year and is a void in a real lineup.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Wright was a terrific player until Citifield and injuries.
    He's young enough to still be in his prime.
    Let me remind people of Mike Lowell. Lots of people said he was washed up, injury prone, maybe his cancer would return, blah blah blah.
    How'd that work out? And Lowell was 32 when he got here.
    Wright is 29.
    I'd love to see Wright in a Sox uniform.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sox need to concentrate on developing their own players to fill their needs. Stay away from bad trades and expensive free agent contracts as much as possible. This will help to keep the payroll in check and enable the team to get younger and more energetic, with a better attitude and more manageable/coachable players. They have the nucleous of a championship team now. Add to it wisely. Re-sign Pap. Try Aceves and/or Bard as starters. Stock the pen with young hard throwers. Sign Ellsbury to a long term deal. Give Iglesias, Middlebrooks and Brentz a shot. Hire an aggressive , energetic and enthusiastic manager. All this can be done while maintaining the payroll at a reasonable level.  Then you can look at the occasional free agent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Sox need to concentrate on developing their own players to fill their needs. Stay away from bad trades and expensive free agent contracts as much as possible. This will help to keep the payroll in check and enable the team to get younger and more energetic, with a better attitude and more manageable/coachable players. They have the nucleous of a championship team now. Add to it wisely. Re-sign Pap. Try Aceves and/or Bard as starters. Stock the pen with young hard throwers. Sign Ellsbury to a long term deal. Give Iglesias, Middlebrooks and Brentz a shot. Hire an aggressive , energetic and enthusiastic manager. All this can be done while maintaining the payroll at a reasonable level.  Then you can look at the occasional free agent.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

That list is almost exactly what the FO said was their master plan a few years back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

[QUOTE]Any projected/predicted/wished for 2012 roster with Youk on it does not make sense. Why? Two straight years of around only 100 games played, multiple injuries = DL just waiting to happen, and having this self appointed tough guy hanging around the team while on the DL to make a point (The disasterous Ellsbury point) just causes clubhouse problems. Not to mention he it around .250 and is not that good fielding at third. Trade him to the Reds for_______________.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE] Notice i have him at dh. He should hold up better plus he didnt seem to play defense very well , probably because he was hurting