Are Doubrount's days numbered with the Sox?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Are Doubrount's days numbered with the Sox?

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Ideally as Ortiz is getting on in years we want to aquire a #4 and move Ortiz to #5.... one of these years we are dead meat if we don't go get our new power machine.

I'd actually like to see Papi bat 3rd not 5th.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to billge's comment:

[QUOTE]

would do Doubront , cecchini and jbj for Stanton.

Who wouldn't?

[/QUOTE]

The Mariners.

Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

NL, I think the set up guy is Hochevar (I'm sure I butchered that). He would be a good addition.

Choo would also be a good addition.

There are lots of good players available through FAgency. BenC did well signing good fits for the team. In addition we have some good young kids coming up that will challenge guys like Doubrount, Dempster, WMB, Ross and Gomes for  25 man roster spots. Once the team has gotten into the winning mode again--everyone has to be focused on an  "all for one and one for all" mentality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think we'll go with what we have in the system for the pen. Workman, Britton and de la Rosa are on the rise, we have Miller returning and possibly Bailey. We also have Wilson, Morales and one of Dempster or Doubront moving from starter to reliever.

I really like Choo, and he might be cheaper than Ellsbury. His .423 OBP is awesome, and he's been over .390 in 4 of the last 6 years and over .370 5 of 6. (Career .389) I do worry about his splits: career .934 vs RHPs and .677 vs LHPs (although he still has a .340 OBP vs lefties). This year is even worse: 1.023 to .593, and 2012 was worse than his career as well: .926 to .605.

I made the same argument with Crawford. Paying full time star money for a glorified platoon player is problematic at best. Paying him close to $15M a year to do well in only 105 games is like paying him $22M for 162.

Still, he's the best option as Pence will probably retrun to SF, and Ellsbury will be too costly and long.

Sox4ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Forget Stanton, the Mariners have no reason to trade this near zeo cost player for years to come.

hahahahaha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Forget Stanton, the Mariners have no reason to trade this near zeo cost player for years to come.

LMAO! how drunk are you??

Sections
Shortcuts