Are the "Coma" types fans or just haters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Are the "Coma" types fans or just haters?

The 'coma' stuff is just totally unfair.  Francona seems to me to be a guy who works his butt off and is always into the game.  He has reasons for his moves and his non-moves. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In Response to Re: Are the "Coma" types fans or just haters?:
    [QUOTE]The 'coma' stuff is just totally unfair.  Francona seems to me to be a guy who works his butt off and is always into the game.  He has reasons for his moves and his non-moves. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.-- Francona cannot make everyone happy. 

Some people here would not last a week as Red Sox manager. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Unless you know ALL the things going on behind the scenes, you dont know. There is a reason for everything and one should have all the facts in place before making an educated decision. We, as fans, dont have all the facts most of the time. Francona does. He, nor any other manager in this lifetime, will ever be right all the time. But few can manage a team with a 170+mil payroll, HUGE expectations, keep all the egos in check, and handle the media brilliantly all while helping lead the team to 2 championships and being voted by his peers as a top 5 manager in MLB. So far nobody has given a better alternative to Francona, yet continue to bash him. These posters play GM as if they could do a better job but have to answer to the question of who to replace him with. The players love him and WANT to play for him and as far as Im concerned, Tito can stay here another 10 years or until such a time dictates differently..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

You could not watch last night's 4-3 win at LAA without realizing that the current Sox are a very difficult team to manage. 

His presumptive ace Lester shuts the Angels down, but throws a lot of pitches and can't go beyond six innings even though the bullpen badly needs 7 or better still 8 innings. 

Albers comes in and gives us a run and Jenks, the big offseason pitching acquisition by Theo, gives up 2, one of them from the "project" catcher's boneheaded play. 

The hitters can't hit.  The baserunning is sloppy.  The two rbi leaders on the team are the nonhitting (well, low OBP, anyway) speedmerchant Ellsbury and the utility infielder Lowrie. 

His 39 year old catcher is still pretty darn good behind the plate but gawdawful at the plate (OPS under .300), and his project catcher plays like someone dreamed up by Mary Shelley.

Tonight he sends out Matsuzaka, who pitched very well last night but who has been nothing if not inconsistent over the last 2 years, backed up by an overworked bullpen (Jenks and Pap have both pitched three nights in a row). 

The Sox still have the worst ERA (but it's coming down) in the AL and are hitting .232 as a team.  None of the three key acquistions--Gonzalez, Crawford, and Jenks--has lived up to their advanced.  At least, not yet. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasloco. Show losmediasloco's posts

M1A2 is distraught, a shame.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

[QUOTE]M1A2 is distraught, a shame.
    Posted by losmediasloco[/QUOTE]

Beautiful!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

Big difference between a post like:

"I thought it was a curious decision to have Varitek bunt with Crawford at first because, etc., etc".

and:

"'Coma can't manage a team, the fact that Varitek was bunting means, blah, blah, I understand the game better than this, blah, blah, I managed little league for two years, blah, blah, blah"

Often, it's just a question of tone that seperates guys like Softlaw (I only use his name because he's "not here anymore") from the more serious posters. No place for name calling. As far as I'm concerned when a poster uses the term 'Coma I write him off as less than a serious baseball fan, and more interested in validating his own ego than in discussing baseball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

im pretty sure if boston fans can dissect belichick's every move than it is kosher to do the same with francona...they are big boys and can take it...stop the bootlicking please

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

[QUOTE]im pretty sure if boston fans can dissect belichick's every move than it is kosher to do the same with francona...they are big boys and can take it...stop the bootlicking please
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

It's not about dissecting or talking about the moves he makes. That's what we're here to do. It's about a type of arrogant posturing in doing so. "I understand this so much better". It's a question of intellectual curiosity vs. juvenile name-calling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Georom is much like Burrito since they both come here basically as spectators and love to read the juvenile discourse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

The hand-wringing that goes on in this forum is laughable...wasnt there a private room created for those booters whose weak hearts cant take any kind of criticism of the sox and its management, and those who wont tow the compamy line?

Please use it and leave the public forums for the fans who have respect for a healthy discourse on our team - warts and all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I like Tito, too. Even though his devotion to some veterans reminds me of Don Zimmer's man-crush on Butch Hobson, and he tinkers with his lineup too much. 

Small price to pay for two WS champs, though. And he should have gotten the Manager of the Year last year, but he gets no love from the rest of the league or the baseball writers.  So it goes.

Here endeth the lesson.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Ninety percent of the Tito bashing comes from ten monikers and IMO that involves two or three people sitting at home acting as trolls. When you look at their post history you will see that they do nothing else except bash Tito. Georom most probably is aware of this but finds it to be entertaining. It really isn't legitimate analysis or criticism. It is trolling.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

There are some here who think this guy cannot do anything wrong. He almost handed away another win with jenks again. If this is use of his statistics he needs to throw them away. YOU DON'T HAVE TO ALLOW A PITCHER TO LOSE OR MELT DOWN before you take them out. This is what he has done over and over. He appears to be lost once the national anthem is sung. People think this overpaid person is good? Check out the starts over the last few years. No excuse for this team to be having this many losses this early NONE.

Oh I bet the reason they migrate back here is because the "private forum is boring and they don't have anyone to harrass there!

[QUOTE]The hand-wringing that goes on in this forum is laughable...wasnt there a private room created for those booters whose weak hearts cant take any kind of criticism of the sox and its management, and those who wont tow the compamy line? Please use it and leave the public forums for the fans who have respect for a healthy discourse on our team - warts and all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'm sure some are actual fans who just happen to hate Francona for whatever reason; other seem to come here for the sole purpose of bashing him, and I seriously doubt those types are real fans of the Red Sox.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

18. John Henry c/o
  19. Boston Red Sox
  20. 4 Yawkey Way
  21. Boston, MA 02215
  22. Phone Number: (617) 226-6000

23.   All you posters who know more than Francona are welcome to send your resumes to the above address.Also those people who know more than Theo are encouraged to apply as well.
      Good Luck,maybe we'll see you in the dugout.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Francona cant ever really win with some people, no matter what he does they will hate him, i dont really understand it but its the truth. 2 world series after 86 years of nothing isnt enough i guess.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

It's one thing to dissect Francona's every move and another to say that every move is the wrong one.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]The hand-wringing that goes on in this forum is laughable...wasnt there a private room created for those booters whose weak hearts cant take any kind of criticism of the sox and its management, and those who wont tow the compamy line? Please use it and leave the public forums for the fans who have respect for a healthy discourse on our team - warts and all.

Calling people who disagree with your assessment of Francona bootlickers is "healthy discourse of our team?"

Ummm ... OK. I guess you and I have a different view on what constitutes healthy discourse.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Hard to believe they are fans.  He is beyond question the best manager the Sox have ever had--he knows how to win.   Definitely better than Joe Torre with the Yankees--at least, during the period when both were managing in the AL East.  Better than Maddon of the Rays or Scioscia with the Angels. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

That would be 95% of the general population. Notice I didn't say here.

[QUOTE]John Henry c/o Boston Red Sox 4 Yawkey Way Boston, MA 02215 Phone Number: (617) 226-6000   All you posters who know more than Francona are welcome to send your resumes to the above address.Also those people who know more than Theo are encouraged to apply as well.   Good Luck,maybe we'll see you in the dugout.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

• You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Not even in the top 10 geesh the guy is lost during the game.

[QUOTE]Hard to believe they are fans.  He is beyond question the best manager the Sox have ever had--he knows how to win.   Definitely better than Joe Torre with the Yankees--at least, during the period when both were managing in the AL East.  Better than Maddon of the Rays or Scioscia with the Angels. 
    Posted by M1A2[/QUOTE]

• You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I

n Response to Re: Are the "Coma" types fans or just haters?:
    [QUOTE]Not even in the top 10 geesh the guy is lost during the game. In Response to Re: Are the "Coma" types fans or just haters? :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]

My oft repeated question,/observation which remains unadressed by you; to what do you attribute the sports press voters selecting Tito as 4th best AL manager last year?  I guess their knowldge/intellect lies well below yours????

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]Not even in the top 10 geesh the guy is lost during the game. In Response to Re: Are the "Coma" types fans or just haters? :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]
    So let me get this straight...the Red Sox have won seven of their last eight and are up 6-0 today, and all you can do is b*tch about how dumb Francona is? 

Maybe you should take up a different hobby.