I ask that question because I believe the team should put the best 9 players on the field every day to have the best chance of winning.
I said it at the end of ST when there were questions about JBJ and Iggy in addition to the starting pitching. I felt Dempster should have been no worse than #3 in the rotation. I felt real good about the pen.
Today, about 1/6 of the way through the season, we are tied for first, much better than I thought we would be--I am wondering if we are still putting the best team on the field?
WMB is banged up, Ells is a threat when he comes to bat but hasn't done much the last two weeks, I like Ross defensively behind the plate.
So we are in a slide--what can JF and BC do to improve the product on the field?
A few thoughts:
1. Give Ells a few days off--move Vic to CF, Nava to right and Carp/Gomes in left.
2. Play Ross more behind the plate-cosider bring up Vazquez as back-up.
3. Move Drew to 3 B and bring up Iggy, SS--DL WMB until he is healthy
4. Change the Batting order around: Vic, Pedroia, Ortiz, Nap, Drew, Nava, Carp, Iggy, Ross.
5. Possible trades involving: Salty, Doubrount, Ciriaco from the current 25.
Any other thoughts?