Are the Red Sox Playing Mind Games With Other Teams on Salty and McCann?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Are the Red Sox Playing Mind Games With Other Teams on Salty and McCann?

What happens with Lavarnway?

I thought this guy was hot stuff and part of the future?

Do they let him rot in the minors or is Salty's departure his big chance to step in, ,share the job with Ross ( and learn from an experienced teacher).

I thought going for the big names was over after Gonzalez and Crawford. Why do the rumour mills continue to spin and have Boston in the market for every big $$ free agent?

Frankly , I don't see them making big splashes in free agency after success with low level guys like Ross, Gomes, Napoli, Victornio.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

How much do you think Sox will save doing such things?  Sox have plenty money to sign sign McCann or Salty.  Sox is among the biggest market team and you think they try to go cheap on players like Salty?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

What happens with Lavarnway?

I thought this guy was hot stuff and part of the future?

Do they let him rot in the minors or is Salty's departure his big chance to step in, ,share the job with Ross ( and learn from an experienced teacher).

I thought going for the big names was over after Gonzalez and Crawford. Why do the rumour mills continue to spin and have Boston in the market for every big $$ free agent?

Frankly , I don't see them making big splashes in free agency after success with low level guys like Ross, Gomes, Napoli, Victornio.

Why do the rumour mills continue to spin and have Boston in the market for every big $$ free agent?

I'm thinking  normally it's the agent behind that kind of talk

or in some cases a small market team blowing smoke for the fan base

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I can believe that zac , but the reporters and forum posters jump on these rumours like sharks...don't they?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I can believe that zac , but the reporters and forum posters jump on these rumours like sharks...don't they?

yeah the reporters become slts in the winter

and let both the agents and GM's used them

some fans still jump to fast, some of us have been through it so many times B4

sometimes it's annoying

sometimes it's fun

heck I think some enjoy the hot stove more than the games

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I'd be comfortable with McCann at 5years/$75 MM or 6 years/$90 MM.  He'll probably catch for two to three years, then DH/1B when Papi is gone.

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champs.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I wonder if the Red Sox have been talking up McCann to drive up the price for him to force other teams to spend more, and downplaying Salty to depress is price with the plan of actually bringing Salty back.

Just wonderin'.

i do not think boston is trying to drive the price up.  if that was orioles, yankees and rays all wanting him, of course, boston can do this.

but he is going to texas...who freakin care.  Boston wanted him badly, but may not get him cuz he could cost too much at the same time boston really want ellsbury more than mccann

Sections
Shortcuts