Are the Sox Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Are the Sox Done?

Right now, the Sox have for the OF:

Cespedes, Bradley, Victorino, Nava, Craig;

And Holt who plays everywhere.

So what's the OF the rest of the way. If Holt goes to the IF, what does mean for Middlebrooks getting a chance.

And who plays the OF regularly?

So I wonder, is there another deal or two involving Victorino, Nava or even Holt.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Re: Are the Sox Done?

In response to royf19's comment:

So what's the OF the rest of the way. If Holt goes to the IF, what does mean for Middlebrooks getting a chance.

So I wonder, is there another deal or two involving Victorino, Nava or even Holt.

Personally, I would trade Victorino and Holt (Sell High --buy low)

The sox have Betts that could fill the same roll as Holt and on top of it have other infielders in their system such as Marerro/Cecchini (sp?).

Nava is useful in a Utility roll.

Formerly JYASO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to bugmenot2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two more months on the field might help to provide some answers. Audition time.  Also time to see if injuries persist or subside. Lots of Pawsox kids to look at in September also.

[/QUOTE]
    That's why I wonder if there are other moves to be made. There really isn't any room in the OF for Holt anymore, because I think Bradley needs to play every day -- or just about -- the rest of the way.

Nava is nothing more than a bench player now.

If Holt plays 3B, when does Middlebrooks play?

I guess Vic is going back to DL from the way it sounds in the press conference.

Is Bogaerts going back to SS? If not, again, what does that mean for Middlebrooks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The one name you failed to mention "Betts" may end up being the best out of all of them and until Middy is traded I don't think we are done.  Still many moves before the spring in my opinion I think we are just positioning ourselves for players we really want by beefing up our trade bait.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The one name you failed to mention "Betts" may end up being the best out of all of them and until Middy is traded I don't think we are done.  Still many moves before the spring in my opinion I think we are just positioning ourselves for players we really want by beefing up our trade bait.

[/QUOTE]

I thought of him but he's still in the minors and I really don't see him up before September. Middlebrooks is likely to be back soon (or traded).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two more months on the field might help to provide some answers. Audition time.  Also time to see if injuries persist or subside. Lots of Pawsox kids to look at in September also.

[/QUOTE]
    That's why I wonder if there are other moves to be made. There really isn't any room in the OF for Holt anymore, because I think Bradley needs to play every day -- or just about -- the rest of the way.

Is Bogaerts going back to SS? If not, again, what does that mean for Middlebrooks.

[/QUOTE]

Why the concern over WMB? He's barely hitting at Pawtucket.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And Holt who plays everywhere 

And who plays the OF regularl

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Middlebrooks is is 9-for-26 with three HRs for a recent six-game stretch. Short sample to be sure but it's a lot more than "barely hitting at Pawtucket."

And Cherington did say in presser that Middlebrooks will get time at 3B, so now it goes, what does this mean for Holt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Sox might not be done, but I'm done. Hard to watch an entire rotation unloaded like it was nothing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sox might not be done, but I'm done. Hard to watch an entire rotation unloaded like it was nothing.

[/QUOTE]
    Agree.

I really wanted Lester signed.

We'll have to see what happens in the offseason.

Ranaudo, Workman, Webster and Ruby will certainly make their case to be part of the oration next year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I mean it might actually be fun to watch the Sox offensively, albeit with Craig and Cespedes to join Ortiz, Napoli, Pedroia, Holt, but the reality is that hoping for some young-ins to become top 5 SPs is hoping for a lot. Look at Workman, a guy who like Bard is having trouble adjusting to SP when he was pretty strong reliever for Sox. De La Rosa has had some good starts, and he's had some bad starts and he has 2 pitches. Webster is unknown, he could be good, really have no idea how long it takes for him to be a true MLB SP. You almost want to bring Peavy back considering that it precluded Lackey, Lester, Doubront....Miller could have been a SP again? Well, that ship sailed too in another trade. It was a FireSale and I guess a lot of Sox fans again are happy with the outcome. We saw what relying on kids is for the lineup--Bogie, Bradley, Betts, Vasquez, Holt---result, not very good. Now they want to do it with rotation. Whatever. Bad team anyway in '14. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And Holt who plays everywhere 

And who plays the OF regularl

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Middlebrooks is is 9-for-26 with three HRs for a recent six-game stretch. Short sample to be sure but it's a lot more than "barely hitting at Pawtucket."

And Cherington did say in presser that Middlebrooks will get time at 3B, so now it goes, what does this mean for Holt.

[/QUOTE]

Not to worry; WMB will either not hit or re-injure himself. Two things he's known for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

[QUOTE]

I mean it might actually be fun to watch the Sox offensively, albeit with Craig and Cespedes to join Ortiz, Napoli, Pedroia, Holt, but the reality is that hoping for some young-ins to become top 5 SPs is hoping for a lot. Look at Workman, a guy who like Bard is having trouble adjusting to SP when he was pretty strong reliever for Sox. De La Rosa has had some good starts, and he's had some bad starts and he has 2 pitches. Webster is unknown, he could be good, really have no idea how long it takes for him to be a true MLB SP. You almost want to bring Peavy back considering that it precluded Lackey, Lester, Doubront....Miller could have been a SP again? Well, that ship sailed too in another trade. It was a FireSale and I guess a lot of Sox fans again are happy with the outcome. We saw what relying on kids is for the lineup--Bogie, Bradley, Betts, Vasquez, Holt---result, not very good. Now they want to do it with rotation. Whatever. Bad team anyway in '14. 

[/QUOTE]

You should change your name to dannydowner.

Do you seriously believe there won't be significant moves in the off season?  Do you really believe that the roster today is what it will be on Opening day?

I'll wager you right now that the 2015 Sox will be far better than the 2014 Sox.  How much would you like to put down?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to SleeStack1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You should change your name to dannydowner.

Do you seriously believe there won't be significant moves in the off season?  Do you really believe that the roster today is what it will be on Opening day?

I'll wager you right now that the 2015 Sox will be far better than the 2014 Sox.  How much would you like to put down?

[/QUOTE]

Does that include a new manager, too?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

red sox are likely out of the playoff chase, (who know they could go on a hot roll awith these new players and sneak into the wildcard playoff...i must b dreaming) and who care who is on the field.  IT is all about showboating to the manager, and GM to see who can play or who cant play at these position, and who can hit consistently!!

I am not too worry about the next two months.  It will now be fun to watch and see who are the worthy players and who are not!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

With Ranaudo and Middlebrooks coming up, we would now have 11 pitchers and 5 bench players. Look for another pitcher to come up and a position player to either be unloaded or put on the D.L.

Stabbed by Foulke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To answer your question, YES, they are toast for this year. Look at it as the prelude to the next spring training,