Are we going to be playing 7 ining games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Are we going to be playing 7 ining games

With the depth of the bullpen that we have could we be trying to shorten the games to 7 inings.  Teams have had great success doing this and it would also take some preasureer off are starter's to have to go deep!!  It's agood idea, this team can compete.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Are we going to be playing 7 ining games

Yup, we were okay last year, but we should be better.  We were kind of weak in Aug/Sept, mostly through burnout.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Red Sox have a solid bullpen.  But the starters will need to pitch deep into games. 

I think Bard and Bailey will bounce back in 2013. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

BigDog--If the starters can get through 6 innings regularly--Aceves and Tazawa can , on alternating days, do one  or two innings, Farrell can match up with Bailey, Ue, Morales, Breslow and Hanrahan to finish things off. 

I'm thinking Miller may be the odd guy out, although Breslow could be a more attractive part of a deal for another need.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Maybe they should look at drafting and acquiring some better players than "fill-ins" Jonny Gomes and Stephen Drew.

Teams have had "great success" with that also.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

The Red Sox have a solid bullpen.  But the starters will need to pitch deep into games. 

I think Bard and Bailey will bounce back in 2013. 

Seems like Bard is kind of flying under the radar with not much expected from him, which I'm fine with. I'd like to see him battle his way back into the bullpen mix.

Sections
Shortcuts