Are you excited, yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Are you excited, yet?

All the fans who were so worried at the beginning of the season have to be feeling better about the team now. I know when we go on to win the World Series :), some of you will feel like you missed the entire season worrying about so many different things. Just remember the off-season when you couldn't wait for the season to begin. It's here, it's now, enjoy it! This team has taken down some amazing pitchers. We have a fantastic team, and this is going to be a great year. Let the fans who love the Sox speak up, and drown out the negative posts.  Share the love!

I challenge everyone to put up one positive thing they can say about the Sox this season.  If you want to add more than one, that's cool. Let's try for no negativity on ONE thread!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Are you excited, yet?

My cat just threw-up on the carpet. 

Undecided

But I'm positive it won't leave a stain!  Smile

To think, some folks can't enjoy having a cat for a pet.
    Go figure!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Harness, unless your cat is named "theSox", I think you dodged the challenge.

Is it so hard to think of something positive to say?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Dodging a challenge?   

HA!

My cat loves the Sox. I love my cat. Hence...

Anybody who couldn't see this team's true abilities early on - well - they'd be the ones losing out. They are the ones who would dis-own their cats because they threw-up on the rug.

It's all in what you prioritize. I enjoy the ride. I like the sun because it keeps the rain away.
    I like the clouds because it provides shade from the sun.
    People will b*tch about both if that's their demeanor.

Facing Masty will be interesting. I think our chances are better now because he won't be taken lightly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'm HAPPY to finally have a young, high ceiling catcher on board to supplant Varitek. I know many want him gone already, but yes, I mean Saltalamacchia. I don't know why people are so impatient, he's very young. Give him a like slack, and the ENTIRE year, and see what we have.

And, really, is any Molina really going to make a big difference?

Also, I'm thrilled Clay signed that deal, Theo doesn't get enough credit for the Youk/Pedroia/Lester/and now Buccholz deals.

And Papelbon seems to have figured things out...not that I was ever that worried. He had a bad END to last season, that some wanted to turn into a bad YEAR. He's a top closer in baseball, look around and see the Sorias and SOrianos of the world to realize just how lucky we are. The most volatile position in baseball, and he's been remarkably consistent. None of his doubters are touting Bard right now, just another example of the volatility.

Shoot, even Ellsbury, who I have made no secret that I see as Drew Deux, has showed a lot of toughness playing through some bumps and bruises and is living up to what many of his supporters said he was all along. I'm impressed (still hoping they raise the trade value and ship him off...but impressed none-the-less).

I agree, plenty of positives to be had...if you want to focus on the 3rd base coach, or the RF situation, or catcher...or anything else...go for it. Some people will never be happy, and if all else fails, will probably turn back to the stadium and start to whine about that too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Anyone who wasn't worried wasn't paying attention.

That's still true.  A great run that began with three straight at Yankee Stadium, but now a 7 game road trip at Cleveland and Detroit.

There are five AL team with winning records, and three of them are in the AL East.  The Sox have momentum, but suspect pitching (11th best ERA in the AL). 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

No, in fact, some people that weren't worried just don't overreact after a 6-7 week sample of a 6 month season.

And worry about what? God forbid the Sox don't have the BEST at every position?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I've exhausted all my positives trying to buck up all the sad little campers who had never been through a whole season of baseball before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

In Response to Are you excited, yet?:
    [QUOTE]All the fans who were so worried at the beginning of the season have to be feeling better about the team now. I know when we go on to win the World Series :), some of you will feel like you missed the entire season worrying about so many different things. Just remember the off-season when you couldn't wait for the season to begin. It's here, it's now, enjoy it! This team has taken down some amazing pitchers. We have a fantastic team, and this is going to be a great year. Let the fans who love the Sox speak up, and drown out the negative posts.  Share the love! I challenge everyone to put up one positive thing they can say about the Sox this season.  If you want to add more than one, that's cool. Let's try for no negativity on ONE thread!

Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I think that it's a positive that you actually made a baseball post and didn't mention the Yankee fans that you hate here so much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Dodging a challenge?

HA!

My cat loves the Sox. I love my cat. Hence...

Anybody who couldn't see this team's true abilities early on - well - they'd be the ones losing out. They are the ones who would dis-own their cats because they threw-up on the rug.

It's all in what you prioritize. I enjoy the ride. I like the sun because it keeps the rain away.
    I like the clouds because it provides shade from the sun.
    People will b*tch about both if that's their demeanor.

Facing Masty will be interesting. I think our chances are better now because he won't be taken lightly. -- Harness

-------------------------------------

Harness, you're right. Sorry I missed your point. I should have known better. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I'm HAPPY to finally have a young, high ceiling catcher on board to supplant Varitek. I know many want him gone already, but yes, I mean Saltalamacchia. I don't know why people are so impatient, he's very young. Give him a like slack, and the ENTIRE year, and see what we have.

And, really, is any Molina really going to make a big difference?

Also, I'm thrilled Clay signed that deal, Theo doesn't get enough credit for the Youk/Pedroia/Lester/and now Buccholz deals.

And Papelbon seems to have figured things out...not that I was ever that worried. He had a bad END to last season, that some wanted to turn into a bad YEAR. He's a top closer in baseball, look around and see the Sorias and SOrianos of the world to realize just how lucky we are. The most volatile position in baseball, and he's been remarkably consistent. None of his doubters are touting Bard right now, just another example of the volatility.

Shoot, even Ellsbury, who I have made no secret that I see as Drew Deux, has showed a lot of toughness playing through some bumps and bruises and is living up to what many of his supporters said he was all along. I'm impressed (still hoping they raise the trade value and ship him off...but impressed none-the-less).

I agree, plenty of positives to be had...if you want to focus on the 3rd base coach, or the RF situation, or catcher...or anything else...go for it. Some people will never be happy, and if all else fails, will probably turn back to the stadium and start to whine about that too. -- Dragon

------------------------------------

Dragon, you're my type of poster. I love your glass half-full mindset. Thanks for your contribution. It's great to give the fans something positive to focus on, and you've certainly done that. Kudos to you! :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Anyone who wasn't worried wasn't paying attention.

That's still true. A great run that began with three straight at Yankee Stadium, but now a 7 game road trip at Cleveland and Detroit.

There are five AL team with winning records, and three of them are in the AL East. The Sox have momentum, but suspect pitching (11th best ERA in the AL). --- Max
    -----------------------------------------------
    Max, I never said posters couldn't worry. I said those that were worrying might be happier now. Don't all teams have something negative about them?  I'm just trying to shine a light on the positives about the team for a change. And, after all, there are positives and negatives to every team at any given point. It's how they cover for each other at those times that makes the difference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I've exhausted all my positives trying to buck up all the sad little campers who had never been through a whole season of baseball before. -- Space
    ---------------------------------------

I hear you, Space. I believe you are a positive poster who loves your team, and isn't swayed by how well they are doing. Thanks for chiming in. :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

Typical Eastern Negativism. Yuuch Sox fans are the best AND the worse ficale fans there are, June is coming the hot summer months when the sox bats warm up. Hanging in there during this crappy weather spell. Love watching A-Gon, Beckett and Papi hitting close to 300

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Typical Eastern Negativism. Yuuch Sox fans are the best AND the worse ficale fans there are, June is coming the hot summer months when the sox bats warm up. Hanging in there during this crappy weather spell. Love watching A-Gon, Beckett and Papi hitting close to 300 --- Colosoxman

---------------------------------------------

Hey, Colosoxman, good to have you aboard! We need more positive fans like you here. Hope you stick around. It's going to be a great season. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

kim, nice college try, but the same vapid drivel drones can't help their low intellgience

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Positives:

The sox being right in the thick of things, a half game out, after their terrible 2 and 10 start.

Aceves and Wakefield stepping up big in their recent starts. Buchholz pitching as well as he has been. Beckett looking like the Beckett from 2007.

Gonzo tearing the cover off of the ball.

Salty's bat coming around.

There is a long way to go yet this season, but this team will be in it for the long haul.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Positives:

Beck's back!
    Buch's back!

Youk is the "duke"!

AGon if the real deal!
    and Wake has the "feel".

Jed's got pop!
    Jacoby won't drop.

Aceves and Albers
    Are pitching like closers.

We've seen some great baseball recently, win or lose.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

I
      In Response to Re: Are you excited, yet?:
    [QUOTE]kim, nice college try, but the same vapid drivel drones can't help their low intellgience
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]

There are studies that show the link between intellegence and positive thinking. So I assume the reverse is true.One example is Alice Isen. Low intellegence is shown by someone who insults others like the said above

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: Are you excited, yet?:
    [QUOTE]kim, nice college try, but the same vapid drivel drones can't help their low intellgience
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]

If you are going to insult the intelligence of others, you could at least try to spell it right, Not-Softlaw.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

kim, nice college try, but the same vapid drivel drones can't help their low intellgience. -- SoxSoldRed
    ----------------------------------

C'mon. You're dodging the challenge. There has to be something positive you can think of -- one thing!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

The sox being right in the thick of things, a half game out, after their terrible 2 and 10 start. Aceves and Wakefield stepping up big in their recent starts. Buchholz pitching as well as he has been. Beckett looking like the Beckett from 2007. Gonzo tearing the cover off of the ball. Salty's bat coming around.

There is a long way to go yet this season, but this team will be in it for the long haul.  -- MikeNagy
    --------------------------------------------

Wow. MikeNagy shows up. Do your friends know you're posting in this thread? :)

Thanks for your contribution no matter the reason. All positive thoughts welcome. It's great for the fans reading the board to have some positive feedback about the team for a change.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Beck's back!
    Buch's back!

Youk is the "duke"!

AGon if the real deal!
    and Wake has the "feel".

Jed's got pop!
    Jacoby won't drop.

Aceves and Albers
    Are pitching like closers.

We've seen some great baseball recently, win or lose. -- Moon

-------------------------------------------------

Moon, I remember both of us saying we were hoping for Beckett to be back to his "old self" when given the choice between a number of players. So happy that worked out.

Nice touch with the poetry, btw. :)  I completely agree.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Ellsbury is, in fact, dropping. OBP in the .340's and BA in the .280's. Career averages are there for a reason.

Lowrie is overdue for a homer because he hasn't hit one in quite sometime. This no-pop fragile bean pole has 16 career MLB homers since he was called up in 2008.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Ellsbury is, in fact, dropping. OBP in the .340's and BA in the .280's. Career averages are there for a reason.

Lowrie is overdue for a homer because he hasn't hit one in quite sometime. This no-pop fragile bean pole has 16 career MLB homers since he was called up in 2008.  -- SoxSoldRed
    ---------------------------------

That's called "negative". Again, one POSITIVE thing. I know you can do it. Just one. One teeny, tiny positive thought. No matter how small. There must be something.