Are you excited, yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Are you excited, yet?

In other words you have nothing. What other posters were posting about this "secret sideboard", even pike referenced you on that one? And for the record, I never saw anybody accuse Smiley of bumping up threads. We all knew that was some character called "Smelly Behind" doing that. That irritated the whole board. Kim, we could do this forever, so this will be my last post on the subject. For the record, as I said before, I don't believe you are pike, I believe you are who you say you are. I just tried to add an innocent post on your thread, and you felt the need to to get into it with me. The sox are winning, the yankees are fading, let's both enjoy it. In the future, I'll know better than to post on your threads. ---Nagy
    -------------------------------------------

I have nothing? The sideboard has been discussed openly here -- and by Yankee fans and even your friend JBay has mentioned it, among others. You sound a little like you want it to be a secret. That's kinda weird to me. Are you're saying there is no other board (not the private board) where Yankee and Sox fans from this board post together?

Smiley was "quarantined" for being accused of bumping threads. Again, a little weird to me that everyone is aware of this, and you're still trying to pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. Always the Yankee fan PR guy, that's why no post of yours is ever innocent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Are you excited, yet?:
    I have nothing? The sideboard has been discussed openly here -- and by Yankee fans and even your friend JBay has mentioned it, among others. You sound a little like you want it to be a secret. That's kinda weird to me. Are you're saying there is no other board (not the private board) where Yankee and Sox fans from this board post together? Smiley was "quarantined" for being accused of bumping threads. Again, a little weird to me that everyone is aware of this, and you're still trying to pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. Always the Yankee fan PR guy, that's why no post of yours is ever innocent.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Good grief, Kim; you're losing it. Of the 9 sentences in your post, 7 are completely incorrect. (The ones in bold are accurate) This has been going on for quite a while now.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Good grief, Kim; you're losing it. Of the 9 sentences in your post, 7 are completely incorrect. (The ones in bold are accurate) This has been going on for quite a while now.  
    Posted by nhsteven

She kept talking about some sideboard where posters plotted against "true" red sox fans on this forum. I didn't realize she was talking about a totally different forum. I'm a member of "Trufans" which used to be "Sawxheads" and I know a bunch of other people from here are too. I think I have about 80 posts there in three years.

All she has to do is go there and take a look for herself rather than let her imagination run away with her. I'd like to see her try and find people plotting against posters on this forum, or posts by people from this forum pretending to be fans of another team. It's not a private forum, but she might have to create an account to get in:

http://trufan.com/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

looney tune

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Kim would be fine if she stopped trying to be Pike 2.0, gave the witch-hunting and conspiracy theories a rest (and recognized that worshipping at the altar of Smiley isn't a requirement to be a Red Sox fan), and just talked about baseball. Unfortunately that seems impossible to stick with for long. 

Ah well. My positive contribution: Rich Hill. Sure, the guy probably won't have a 0.00 ERA for the rest of the season - but why not? Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Kim would be fine if she stopped trying to be Pike 2.0, gave the witch-hunting and conspiracy theories a rest, and just talked about baseball. Unfortunately that seems impossible to stick with for long.  Ah well. My positive contribution: Rich Hill. Sure, the guy probably won't have a 0.00 ERA for the rest of the season - but why not? 
    Posted by Flapjack07

All these board conspiracies make me dizzy.  I can't keep up.  granted, could be the drugs, but I can't even wrap my mind around Side Boards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

sounds like a torture device... perhaps banned by the U.N.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Only-In-America. Show Only-In-America's posts

I AM PRETTY SURE THAT SMILEYBENI THE MOST POPULAR POSTER OF THE FORUM ISN`T MISSING THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW.... HE HAS TOO MUCH CLASS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

When Kim was talking about sideboards I assumed that she was basing it on who had common friends on Truefan, Sauxheads, and on this forum. One can go to the profiles of a select group / fraternity and notice that the best friends of Yankee fans are Red Sox fans and vice versa. Those in the forum select friends so that they can communicate with them privately without it being public to the rest of the forum. This fraternity comes here to be social, rub elbows, and identify with each other as their #1 priority. Discussing baseball is secondary. They have been cyber friend most probably for ten years here. If you want proof of what I am claiming look at the forum profiles of Pinstripe, Nagy, Jessereric. NHSteven, Spaceman, Babeinthebronx, and Jeter02. Look to see whom they have befriended. The vast majority of others in the forum never bothered to ask anyone to be their friend.

Don't tell me that the Yankee fans want to meet the Red Sox fans at the Cask & Flagon prior to a game as a reason to become friends. The under-the-table shennanigans bothers Kim but it is a lost cause anyway to expose it. The forum makeup is its worst enemy. Just look at the threads and posts in recent weeks. The vast majority of threads are repetitive, boring, predictable, cady, insulting, homerish, and juvenile. It is too late to salvage it. Walk away from it for the summer and enjoy the good weather and do things that are more fulfilling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Does this mean you'll be moving on?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

When Kim was talking about sideboards I assumed that she was basing it on who had common friends on Truefan, Sauxheads, and on this forum. One can go to the profiles of a select group / fraternity and notice that the best friends of Yankee fans are Red Sox fans and vice versa. Those in the forum select friends so that they can communicate with them privately without it being public to the rest of the forum. This fraternity comes here to be social, rub elbows, and identify with each other as their #1 priority. Discussing baseball is secondary. They have been cyber friend most probably for ten years here. If you want proof of what I am claiming look at the forum profiles of Pinstripe, Nagy, Jessereric. NHSteven, Spaceman, Babeinthebronx, and Jeter02. Look to see whom they have befriended. The vast majority of others in the forum never bothered to ask anyone to be their friend.   Don't tell me that the Yankee fans want to meet the Red Sox fans at the Cask & Flagon prior to a game as a reason to become friends. The under-the-table shennanigans bothers Kim but it is a lost cause anyway to expose it. The forum makeup is its worst enemy. Just look at the threads and posts in recent weeks. The vast majority of threads are repetitive, boring, predictable, cady, insulting, homerish, and juvenile. It is too late to salvage it. Walk away from it for the summer and enjoy the good weather and do things that are more fulfilling.
    Posted by Babe-Ted

and yet you're still here pike. no one can "communicate privately without being public to the rest of the forum". everyone can see the messages, as you well know. that's hardly "under the table". no one would know better than you that discussing baseball is secondary. I am friends with all of the NYY posters you named. I am also friends with just as many red sox posters. Why.... because i dont judge people by the team they are a fan of, I base it on character. you do know baseball is just a game, dont you pike?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

When Kim was talking about sideboards I assumed that she was basing it on who had common friends on Truefan, Sauxheads, and on this forum. One can go to the profiles of a select group / fraternity and notice that the best friends of Yankee fans are Red Sox fans and vice versa. Those in the forum select friends so that they can communicate with them privately without it being public to the rest of the forum. This fraternity comes here to be social, rub elbows, and identify with each other as their #1 priority. Discussing baseball is secondary. They have been cyber friend most probably for ten years here. If you want proof of what I am claiming look at the forum profiles of Pinstripe, Nagy, Jessereric. NHSteven, Spaceman, Babeinthebronx, and Jeter02. Look to see whom they have befriended. The vast majority of others in the forum never bothered to ask anyone to be their friend.   Don't tell me that the Yankee fans want to meet the Red Sox fans at the Cask & Flagon prior to a game as a reason to become friends. The under-the-table shennanigans bothers Kim but it is a lost cause anyway to expose it. The forum makeup is its worst enemy. Just look at the threads and posts in recent weeks. The vast majority of threads are repetitive, boring, predictable, cady, insulting, homerish, and juvenile. It is too late to salvage it. Walk away from it for the summer and enjoy the good weather and do things that are more fulfilling.
    Posted by Babe-Ted

Why don't you take your own advice, pike? You always try to tell others what to do while you do the opposite.

Your selfless service in trying to save this forum from itself goes largely unappreciated.

You can look at my meager posting history on Trufan for signs of disloyalty if you like. But you probably already have.

You really missed your calling, Cotton Mather could have used a good right hand man like you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

For God sake, don't mention the word character, you'll scare him off!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

one can only hope harnessTongue out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Messages sent between forum friends are not public. If they were then what would the motivation be to become friends? Even if you were right such messages would go out of sight after one day of posts by that poster.

Yes baseball is a game and this is a forum for Red Sox fanatics and not a fraternity among a small select group that is half Yankee fans and Red Sox fans. As Kim has said you have no right to limit the homerism and "honesty or reality" of Red Sox fans. Your fraternity is by its nature policeing the forum in an effort to curtail  Sox fans from acting as Sox fans should. This is not a courtroom, it is a forum for rabid Sox fans. Character you tell me? Beni has fifty times the character that Babe, Bosox1941, and Softlaw have. Beni is a true fan while they are pretenders. The pretenders might keep the forum going but don't attribute that to "character". Law had no "character" whatsoever and Burrito loved him. This is not a circus show.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The funny thing is, the rapport on this forum the last few days has been terrific.
    No Smelly/Law.
    No Pike (up to now).
    No Softone.

Few interruptions from baiters and gossips.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Posted by Babe-Ted

If I am really a world class black belt instructor currently doing time, you'd be right, but you'd also have a safety problem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Messages sent between forum friends are not public. If they were then what would the motivation be to become friends? Even if you were right such messages would go out of sight after one day of posts by that poster.   Yes baseball is a game and this is a forum for Red Sox fanatics and not a fraternity among a small select group that is half Yankee fans and Red Sox fans. As Kim has said you have no right to limit the homerism and "honesty or reality" of Red Sox fans. Your fraternity is by its nature policeing the forum in an effort to curtail  Sox fans from acting as Sox fans should. This is not a courtroom, it is a forum for rabid Sox fans. Character you tell me? Beni has fifty times the character that Babe, Bosox1941, and Softlaw have. Beni is a true fan while they are pretenders. The pretenders might keep the forum going but don't attribute that to "character". Law had no "character" whatsoever and Burrito loved him. This is not a circus show.
    Posted by Babe-Ted

why?? you can set up your profile page to only receive messages from "friends" also, some posters may want to send messages that aren't baseball related, as friends will do pike. I sent a message when a "forum friend" lost his father. they are public; dont you remember when "smiley" posted "KST" messages to harness? sure you do pike. the messages are there unless and until the poster chooses to delete them. it's not for you, me or anyone else to say, who can or can't post here, other than BDC. they have not limited the forum to red sox fans only. Beni is welcome to come back, but as you well know, he never really left.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Jesseyeric is smart to have a black belt instructor as his good buddy. Does he write letters to that jailhouse?
    Posted by Babe-Ted

Yes, and he has a convenient method to deliver them to me, since I have 5 thousand trufan friends, many of them hackers, who have strong leads on where you live.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Pike has no fear of intimidation. He has all his "friends" - aka keyboard cyborgs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-hate-me. Show harness-hate-me's posts

Pike has no fear of intimidation. He has all his "friends" - aka keyboard cyborgs .
    Posted by harness

I like that pike guy.
    He makes good sense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Re: Are you excited, yet?:
    The funny thing is, the rapport on this forum the last few days has been terrific. No Smelly/Law. No Pike (up to now). No Softone. Few interruptions from baiters and gossips.
    Posted by harness

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

The funny thing is, the rapport on this forum the last few days has been terrific. No Smelly/Law. No Pike (up to now). No Softone. Few interruptions from baiters and gossips.
    Posted by harness

When Ben Affleck comes calling at his back door..he will have vanished without a trace!! One can only hope!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-hate-me. Show harness-hate-me's posts

In Response to Re: Are you excited, yet? : When Ben Affleck comes calling at his back door..he will have vanished without a trace!! One can only hope!
    Posted by amishrockstar

Yes, maybe he went to see about a girl.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Are you excited, yet?:
    All the fans who were so worried at the beginning of the season have to be feeling better about the team now. I know when we go on to win the World Series :), some of you will feel like you missed the entire season worrying about so many different things. Just remember the off-season when you couldn't wait for the season to begin. It's here, it's now, enjoy it! This team has taken down some amazing pitchers. We have a fantastic team, and this is going to be a great year. Let the fans who love the Sox speak up, and drown out the negative posts.  Share the love! I challenge everyone to put up one positive thing they can say about the Sox this season.  If you want to add more than one, that's cool. Let's try for no negativity on ONE thread!
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Sections
Shortcuts