Are you excited, yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Re: Are you excited, yet?

I really don't think it's negative, it's simply factual. In recent decades, politics has defined the way people interact. Words like "negative" and "hater" and "tolerance" and "racist" are all buzz words for a political agenda.

Ortiz has been terrific against LHP, this year, something one of the negative Slav poster has bashed him, repeatedly, for. He's been quiet about that, just as he was quiet after the Twins extended Mauer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oh, he can be positive...at someone else's expense of course.

Lowrie is  2nd on the team in hitting. How tough is it to say that?
    Ells is 4th.

Whew. That was murder!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Ortiz has been terrific against LHP, this year -- SoxSoldRed
    --------------------------------------------

I think I caught one. I knew you could do it. Thanks for your contribution.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Oh, he can be positive...at someone else's expense of course.

Lowrie is 2nd on the team in hitting. How tough is it to say that?
    Ells is 4th.

Whew. That was murder! -- Harness

-------------------------------------

LOL. Fits so many different posters here. But once in awhile you catch one. :) It's a start to try and turn this trend around. 

Thanks for adding a couple more, Harness. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Lowrie is  2nd on the team in hitting. How tough is it to say that?
    Ells is 4th.

Lowrie is not 2nd on the team "in hitting", nor his "Ells" 4th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

AGONE:     .340
    Lowrie:     .310
    Ortiz:         .302
    Ellsbury:  .286

How do you measure hitting? By hat size?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: Are you excited, yet?:
    [QUOTE]The sox being right in the thick of things, a half game out, after their terrible 2 and 10 start. Aceves and Wakefield stepping up big in their recent starts. Buchholz pitching as well as he has been. Beckett looking like the Beckett from 2007. Gonzo tearing the cover off of the ball. Salty's bat coming around. There is a long way to go yet this season, but this team will be in it for the long haul.  -- MikeNagy -------------------------------------------- Wow. MikeNagy shows up. Do your friends know you're posting in this thread? :) Thanks for your contribution no matter the reason. All positive thoughts welcome. It's great for the fans reading the board to have some positive feedback about the team for a change.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Play nice, Kim,

I've never been a negative poster and have never been friends with negative posters. I'm a sox fan. You think I have an ulterior motive for supporting my team?

It's good to see you take time out from your crusade to rid the world of yankee fans, and anyone else who doesn't despise them. My "friends" are all baseball fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury is, in fact, dropping. OBP in the .340's and BA in the .280's. Career averages are there for a reason. Lowrie is overdue for a homer because he hasn't hit one in quite sometime. This no-pop fragile bean pole has 16 career MLB homers since he was called up in 2008.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]

Who said Lowrie was supposed to be a home run hitter?  He puts together quality at bats and is doing well.  What is to gripe about?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Youk is playing a solid 3B and is starting to come out of his slump.
    CC is making solid contact....the hits will come.
    Gonzo is an absolute hitting machine and for the most part is carrying the offense. His presence has also lifted the burden off Papi who is hitting the ball well, even against LHP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

OPS, Harnut, BA is a meaningless stat in modern baseball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]OPS, Harnut, BA is a meaningless stat in modern baseball.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]
    Not entirely true. Someone can have a high OBP because of walks, and have a high slugging percentage because of homeruns, but have a low BA. Why is the high BA good then? The person is still getting on base equivilently, or slugging equivilently? A high BA means more hits, more often, which can often equal more RBIs. Getting a walk with a man on third, doesn't score the man on third.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The Soft one has spoken.
    And I'll remember how 'insignificant' batting average is the next time he tries to use it to validate his stance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

For the record, I'm wicked excited and glad my 99 wins prediction wont be laughed at for eternity (like my Pedroia predictions in 2008)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

What time is it now in Charlotte, Oregon? Only 8 p.m.? The west coast group has a whole night ahead of them. How far is Charlotte from Salem, OR  which is where Softlaw Corporation is located. OSU, indian reservations, home of Jake and Jed are just down the road.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Play nice, Kim, I've never been a negative poster and have never been friends with negative posters. I'm a sox fan. You think I have an ulterior motive for supporting my team? It's good to see you take time out from your crusade to rid the world of yankee fans, and anyone else who doesn't despise them. My "friends" are all baseball fans. --- Nagy
    ------------------------------------------
    Don't know why you keep the mantra going that I don't like Yankee fans when I've explained a million times that it's certain Yankee fans I don't like. Do you judge all people in a specific group the same? I've already said my dad is a Yankee fan, and that I like some of the Yankee fans here. I just think it's odd that you keep posting the same thing even after I've already explained it so many times. Can YOU explain why you do that if you're NOT the spokesperson for a certain group of posters?

And FTR, I thought it was odd because you couldn't stand Beni's positive posts about the team and constantly harrassed him about it. You're a "keep it real" guy. And "real" means, for whatever reason, not positive here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Youk is playing a solid 3B and is starting to come out of his slump. CC is making solid contact....the hits will come. Gonzo is an absolute hitting machine and for the most part is carrying the offense. His presence has also lifted the burden off Papi who is hitting the ball well, even against LHP.--- Alibiike
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Thank you, Alibiike. Youk is my second favorite player after Varitek.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

For the record, I'm wicked excited and glad my 99 wins prediction wont be laughed at for eternity (like my Pedroia predictions in 2008) ---Geo
    --------------------------------------
    Geo, nice to see you here. I'm with you on the wins. Let's reach 100. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Play nice, Kim, I've never been a negative poster and have never been friends with negative posters. I'm a sox fan. You think I have an ulterior motive for supporting my team? It's good to see you take time out from your crusade to rid the world of yankee fans, and anyone else who doesn't despise them. My "friends" are all baseball fans. --- Nagy ------------------------------------------ Don't know why you keep the mantra going that I don't like Yankee fans when I've explained a million times that it's certain Yankee fans I don't like. Do you judge all people in a specific group the same? I've already said my dad is a Yankee fan, and that I like some of the Yankee fans here. I just think it's odd that you keep posting the same thing even after I've already explained it so many times. Can YOU explain why you do that if you're NOT the spokesperson for a certain group of posters? And FTR, I thought it was odd because you couldn't stand Beni's positive posts about the team and constantly harrassed him about it. You're a "keep it real" guy. And "real" means, for whatever reason, not positive here.

I speak for myself alone, Kim. I know that you see some dark conspiracy on the board, with certain people that you don't like, somehow controlling it. Could you please explain how they do that? You can make groundless accusations about me, but I can't point out your past postings, railing against the yankee fans and anyone else who didn't agree with Smiley. The only yankee fan I ever saw you accept is Jete, who is the nicest guy on the board. Most of Smiley's posts were negative exaggerations about the yankees, not positive about the sox. When have you seen me post negative things about the sox?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

kimsaysthis clearly can't let "it go."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

[QUOTE]Youk is playing a solid 3B and is starting to come out of his slump. CC is making solid contact....the hits will come. Gonzo is an absolute hitting machine and for the most part is carrying the offense. His presence has also lifted the burden off Papi who is hitting the ball well, even against LHP.--- Alibiike ----------------------------------------------------- Thank you, Alibiike. Youk is my second favorite player after Varitek.

You pounded a guy yesterday who just came off the DL and another just up from AAA....  Big WHOOOOOP!!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I much prefer honest discussions to conformist positivity.

Having said that I do love my team, don't have to fit anyone's definition of "fan" or "positive fan" to do so, and I'll give you one I'm thrilled about I did not expect: 

Josh Beckett!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I speak for myself alone, Kim. I know that you see some dark conspiracy on the board, with certain people that you don't like, somehow controlling it. Could you please explain how they do that? You can make groundless accusations about me, but I can't point out your past postings, railing against the yankee fans and anyone else who didn't agree with Smiley. The only yankee fan I ever saw you accept is Jete, who is the nicest guy on the board. Most of Smiley's posts were negative exaggerations about the yankees, not positive about the sox. When have you seen me post negative things about the sox? --- Nagy
    ------------------------------------------------
    Easy. You have a Yankee sideboard where Yankee fans have Sox fans' ears. That's why I was accused of being Pike and Beni. We were the three posters they wanted off the board. They cry to their friends there, and say they are being abused because posters are talking about their favorite team. It's also where they give their opinions about certain posters. That's controlling, or at least trying to. And they have managed to get posters they didn't like off the board. And that's complete nonsense. Feel free to use terms like "dark conspiracy" to argue your point, though. I guess you need to. It's really not a "dark conspiracy" -- more transparent as glass.

Btw, why haven't you addressed the fact that the Yankee fans here go on other baseball forums posing as Boston fans?  I can't imagine how many Sox fans they fooled doing that. And why would they do that?  Again, your idea of good Yankee fans and my idea of good Yankee fans will never be the same.

Nice to see the first two posters on your friends list were Yankee fans (I wonder why?), along with a number of Yankee fan supporters. At least you keep it consistent, whoever you are.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

kimsaysthis clearly can't let "it go." -- BurritoT
    -----------------------------------

A loyal, devoted Sox fan was banned from posting on his own board because of a bunch of Yankee crybabies that are still posting all over this board insulting posters and players like they own the place. Yes, it still bothers me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I much prefer honest discussions to conformist positivity. Having said that I do love my team, don't have to fit anyone's definition of "fan" or "positive fan" to do so, and I'll give you one I'm thrilled about I did not expect: Josh Beckett! -- BTS
    ------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't meant to post conformist's positivity. It was just meant to have a thread where people could read some positive thoughts amid the onslaught of negative threads.

And I agree on Beckett. Awesome season for him so far. Thanks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]kimsaysthis clearly can't let "it go." -- BurritoT ----------------------------------- A loyal, devoted Sox fan was banned from posting on his own board because of a bunch of Yankee crybabies that are still posting all over this board insulting posters and players like they own the place. Yes, it still bothers me.

Stop the crying already. You and everyone else here knows that he's not banned, just posting under another moniker.

And the only one I see trying to "control" these boards is you with your continuous anti-Yankee fan vitriol.