Are You For 'Em or Against 'Em??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Are You For 'Em or Against 'Em??

An opening season slump surely tests how far certain Sox fans will go in supporting their team. So I am proposing a simple poll to find out who are the pinkhats that are bailing on them versus who the true Sox fans are.

I request that all posers(Yank fans posing as Sox fans) who frequent this site refrain from voting since we already know you are against em.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Re: Are You For 'Em or Against 'Em??

For.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Silverstein....we know you from last year. You're one of the
    self-appointed arbiters of Red Sox correctness. Anyone who
    has any criticism or makes negative comments about Francona
    or the players gets the HUAC treatment. Who died and left you
    in charge ??
    Well... the Sox didn't win in 2009 or 2010 despite your
    attempt to silence critics in print. So your excuses for the mgmt.
    have about worn out !!! This club needs an overhaul , despite
    AGon and Crawford. Theo has made too many bad signings.
    Lackey is terrible, Dice, likewise. Cameron is useless, Ellsbury is
    overrated, and there is questionable HR power. That's why
    when the club falls behind it has problems catching up. By the
    way, what's your excuse for Saltalamacchia, Theo's latest
    "wunderkind" catcher.? He flat out can't hit, but you won't
    even admit to that, you're so blinded by loyalty to Francona
    and the management. Why don't you just give it a rest and let
    the chips fall where they may !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

FANS......YOU CAN ACTUALLY BE FOR THE TEAM AND MAKE
    CRITICAL COMMENTS AT THE SAME TIME ! DID YOU
    KNOW THAT...YOU ARE REALLY ALLOWED TO DO THAT
    IN AMERICA. YOU DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT
    DICE STINKS, OR THAT SALTY CAN'T HIT. WOW....
    ISN'T FREEDOM GREAT ! THIS IS NOT SOVIET BASE-
    BALL. HERE IN AMERICA WE CAN ROOT AND CRITICIZE
    AT THE SAME TIME. !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

here's a little heads up that should brighten everybody's day. inspite of the fact that we are 2-7 right now. we are only 4.5 games back from the yankees and the tigers who are tied for first place right now. that gets me pumped. buch can start us up friday nite to begin a nice homestand winning streak.

GO SOX!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

In Response to Re: Are You For 'Em or Against 'Em??:
    here's a little heads up that should brighten everybody's day. inspite of the fact that we are 2-7 right now. we are only 4.5 games back from the yankees and the tigers who are tied for first place right now. that gets me pumped. buch can start us up friday nite to begin a nice homestand winning streak. GO SOX!
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Please share whatever you're smokin -- kinda removed from reality. 

Not the part about the winning streak, the 2-7 record and the Tigers in first place.

You're right that 4 1/2 games isn't a large deficit at this point in the season.  I'm hoping it gets significantly bigger soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Hammah!...what's up bud? we are tied with the O's not the Tiggers,..hey, when you get a chance..you got mail..Cool 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xorsed. Show xorsed's posts

here's a little heads up that should brighten everybody's day. inspite of the fact that we are 2-7 right now. we are only 4.5 games back from the yankees and the tigers who are tied for first place right now. that gets me pumped. buch can start us up friday nite to begin a nice homestand winning streak. GO SOX!
    Posted by Hammah29r2

I've been looking at the standings too. We've got 151 games to play and we are 5 games out of first place. Frustrating start yes, but this is far from being an impossible hole to dig out of.

And I am "For" the team. Go Red Sox!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Posted by Hammah29r2

Agree with you Hammah, but they are actually 2-9, but whose counting.

You've got to follow them in the bad times to enjoy the good times. The sox are a lot better team than the way they have been playing. They need to turn it around soon though. Hate to see them dig a much deeper hole for themselves to have to climb out of.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

First: 8/22/2006
    Last: 4/14/2011
    Hammah!...what's up bud? we are tied with the O's not the Tiggers,..hey, when you get a chance..you got mail..Cool

wow jetes, I'm getting almost as senile as the GM! I don't know what I was thinking that you guys were tied with the tigers. I meant the oriholes. this has been a seriously crazy week on this forum. the doom and gloomers were making me totally nuts. however, it did make me feel better letting by gones be by gones with Babe. you know me jetes, been a sox fan forever and being only 4.5 back on april 14th isn't reason to take a razor to my wrist. long way to go and plenty of time to get red hot. and the funniest thing about all the doom and gloom was that you,jessey and zac all said that it was april and much too early to panic. and even yankeebill too....lol.....

catch up later B!
    gonna go check my e-mail.

I think I figured out a way to slow down robbie cano....................tie his laces together.....lol...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

LOL. This is my kind of poll. Why bother with a grey area?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 4/14/2011

Posted by Hammah29r2

Agree with you Hammah, but they are actually 2-9, but whose counting.

You've got to follow them in the bad times to enjoy the good times. The sox are a lot better team than the way they have been playing. They need to turn it around soon though. Hate to see them dig a much deeper hole for themselves to have to climb out of.

2-7 2-9!!! funny how I can't count or even know who the yanks are tied with. oh well.........Mike, this team has too many good quality players and I have never lost hope for a turn around. we're gonna be fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from grabitall. Show grabitall's posts

I was from NY and I hate the Yankee's.  Stienbrenner ruined baseball with his zillion dollar contracts as he tried to buy world series titles.  I live here in the Ft Myers area and attend spring training Sox games.  Bad news is that the new spring training stadium has been sabitaged with Babe Ruth's #3 jersey.  I know this as a fact by construction workers at the site.  Its early and as a ex NYer, I hope the Mets have a better season then the Skanks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I'll mantain my lifelong neutrality (although I hold the Red Sox front office in high regard).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I was from NY and I hate the Yankee's. Stienbrenner ruined baseball with his zillion dollar contracts as he tried to buy world series titles. I live here in the Ft Myers area and attend spring training Sox games. Bad news is that the new spring training stadium has been sabitaged with Babe Ruth's #3 jersey. I know this as a fact by construction workers at the site. Its early and as a ex NYer, I hope the Mets have a better season then the Skanks.  -- grabitall
    -----------------------------------------------------

Your third post. Congrats. It was certainly worth the wait. Again, why don't you just post under your original screen name? No one is buying that post. 

Are they all out during the day?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I'll mantain my lifelong neutrality (although I hold the Red Sox front office in high regard). --- Hill
    --------------------------------------------------------

You know what, Hill?  I don't believe there is any such thing.                              

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

For 'Em. Easy poll. Been a fan since 1972. Too late to stop now.

The division could shape up as having no clear frontrunner. This would help the Sox. If they can get out of their funk, it won't take much to get back in the race. I smell parity.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I know who the pink hat are. They only post when things are going well or toward the end of the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Born into it...Been a fan since 75'...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winning.TigerBlood. Show Winning.TigerBlood's posts

I know who the pink hat are. They only post when things are going well or toward the end of the season.
    Posted by BaseballGM

Did you mean THIS pink hat?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I was from NY and I hate the Yankee's.  Stienbrenner ruined baseball with his zillion dollar contracts as he tried to buy world series titles.  I live here in the Ft Myers area and attend spring training Sox games.  Bad news is that the new spring training stadium has been sabitaged with Babe Ruth's #3 jersey.  I know this as a fact by construction workers at the site.  Its early and as a ex NYer, I hope the Mets have a better season then the Skanks.
    Posted by grabitall

I live in Naples. I worked as a surveyor all over SW Florida for years until the bottom dropped out of everything. Damn! I'd love to be a part of that stadium project. Oh, well...
    As for the jersey, don't look at it as a return of any curse. Look at it as Babe being delivered back to where he always belonged.
    Oh, yeah, definitely "For 'em" forever!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Big "for."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Are You For 'Em or Against 'Em??:
    An opening season slump surely tests how far certain Sox fans will go in supporting their team. So I am proposing a simple poll to find out who are the pinkhats that are bailing on them versus who the true Sox fans are. I request that all posers(Yank fans posing as Sox fans) who frequent this site refrain from voting since we already know you are against em.
    Posted by Soxdog67

OK!  Now this is just the highth of touchy feely BS.  As Decarte' said.....
    "I b!#ch, therefor I am......... a Red Sox fan!"

Don't give me this......... booo hooooo!  They're already up in arms (r@p bs!

Hey!  We live & die, so to speak, Red Sox 365 days a year!  If that's not 'good' enough for the touchy feely types?????? Too f'n bad!

We gripe & complain, scream & cry, to decompress!  Get over it!  NOBODY is NEAR bailing on the Sox!

Get over your 'I'm such a refined fan' self!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Now....... Does that make me a 'pink hat' in your book, cause out of the 162 games I catch 162.  How 'bout you?  ALL OF THE GAME!

OK!  I feel better now:)   Just venting.....  We're cool :)

Just take the superfluous poll down :)

Sections
Shortcuts