1. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Re: Are You For 'Em or Against 'Em??

m

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i am against them - thats why i spend time here and watch every game (or at least try to/fall asleep)

:)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Are You For 'Em or Against 'Em??:
    [QUOTE]i am against them - thats why i spend time here and watch every game (or at least try to/fall asleep) :)
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

You are saying this tongue firmly in cheek Geo.  But, I seriously think that is the m.o. of many a poster here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Now....... Does that make me a 'pink hat' in your book, cause out of the 162 games I catch 162.  How 'bout you?  ALL OF THE GAME! OK!  I feel better now:)   Just venting.....  We're cool :) Just take the superfluous poll down :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Gee dirtdog, I didn't realize that you took my post personally...but all you really had to do was vote FOR.  I guess I must by a pinkhat fan since, unlike you, I chose to watch the Bruins playoff game last night over the Sox/Angels game.

To be honest, I'll watch other stuff than the Red Sox at times, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan...oh, and I think you questioned whether I was around in '67...and the answer is yes, I was a pre-teen kid back then and got to enjoy the 'Impossible Dream' season.

Based on some of your posts, you seem to be the type who does not have a lot of patience with players not performing to expectations...I guess I take a different approach since I'd learned and witnessed, many times over the years, players starting off slow and then getting hot later...good examples of this were Pedroia, in his first season, and Ortiz the last couple of seasons before 2011.

With that said I have this feeling for Saltalamacchia too...I want to give this "kid" a decent chance to retain the catchers job...defensively he definitely needs to improve and I believe that once he settles in he will hit too.  If by end of May or mid-June, he still isn't getting the job done then Theo'd got to look elsewhere...but thinking 39 year old Varitek should take the job is not a good idea either...the team needs his role as much as an everyday starter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

[QUOTE]i am against them - thats why i spend time here and watch every game (or at least try to/fall asleep) :)
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

So does that goofball that bashes Tito 24/7.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You For 'Em or Against 'Em?? : Gee dirtdog, I didn't realize that you took my post personally...but all you really had to do was vote FOR.  I guess I must by a pinkhat fan since, unlike you, I chose to watch the Bruins playoff game last night over the Sox/Angels game. To be honest, I'll watch other stuff than the Red Sox at times, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan...oh, and I think you questioned whether I was around in '67...and the answer is yes, I was a pre-teen kid back then and got to enjoy the 'Impossible Dream' season. Based on some of your posts, you seem to be the type who does not have a lot of patience with players not performing to expectations...I guess I take a different approach since I'd learned and witnessed, many times over the years, players starting off slow and then getting hot later...good examples of this were Pedroia, in his first season, and Ortiz the last couple of seasons before 2011. With that said I have this feeling for Saltalamacchia too...I want to give this "kid" a decent chance to retain the catchers job...defensively he definitely needs to improve and I believe that once he settles in he will hit too.  If by end of May or mid-June, he still isn't getting the job done then Theo'd got to look elsewhere...but thinking 39 year old Varitek should take the job is not a good idea either...the team needs his role as much as an everyday starter.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

No problem Soxdog67,

I think I was just getting a bit defensive that day, as any criticism during that time was being greeted with the tired old ad hominem attacks.  The pink hat thing was directed to whoever was calling all of us with concerns during the first 11 games practically Benedict Arnolds. 

It's all good!!  :)  :)  :)

Gonna be a great season :)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m