Are you kiddin me?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Are you kiddin me?

19, yes NINETEEN freakin runners left on base.  And fool that I am, I stayed up until the end of the game only to see old friend Coco Crisp slap one to the opposite field on a two strike pitch to knock in one of the TWO base runners on base by way of being hit by a pitch on consecutive at bats with the score tied in the bottom of the 8th inning.

What a novel idea. Protect the plate with two strikes and hit to the opposite field. 

19 runners stranded on base.  What a debacle.

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Are you kiddin me?

We should start a thread "Open Letter To Ben"--Find some players that know about situational hitting.

JF hasn't a clue and truly BenC is in La, La Land.

Rome is now going up in flames and there  is no urgency trying to subdue the flames.

Oh well if Management doesn't care there's not much we can do about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I've never seen a Red Sox offense as inept as this one. Never. We have the SP to blow by everybody in this division, and simply cannot hit the ball. Cannot do it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

19, yes NINETEEN freakin runners left on base.  And fool that I am, I stayed up until the end of the game only to see old friend Coco Crisp slap one to the opposite field on a two strike pitch to knock in one of the TWO base runners on base by way of being hit by a pitch on consecutive at bats with the score tied in the bottom of the 8th inning.

What a novel idea. Protect the plate with two strikes and hit to the opposite field. 

[/QUOTE]

Were you living under a rock? Didn't you know that from day one this team freakin stinks!! Are posters on here that shallow minded that they just don't get it? From Spring training the sox were just plan awful ? Dam! wake up people and smell the stink................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

[QUOTE]

Were you living under a rock? Didn't you know that from day one this team freakin stinks!! Are posters on here that shallow minded that they just don't get it? From Spring training the sox were just plan awful ? Dam! wake up people and smell the stink................

I think it was late March or early April tht my post "apathetic" appeared. That's no longer the case which, now, can be called "incompetent". They started the night against a suspect pitcher, with 4 RH hitters in the lineup. Meanwhile a kid named Betts has proven HE CAN HIT, so why are they waiting? Do they really think he won 't be ble to handle the pressure? I'm not saying he's the total answer, but surely Gomes, Napoli & Co. aren't! I think we can call this group, as a whole, the "called strike one" gang.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Said it in the off season that this team needed a hitter with the loss of Ellsbury and Saltalamachia. Dopey Luchinno thought that they were going to get the same productivity out of career minor leaguer Daniel Nava and Johnny Gomes. Unbelievable. I watch Jackie Bradley Junior struggle to hit a fast ball of all things last year as well as this year. Yeah, I know he has speed and a great glove, but to steal bases you have to get on base which he struggles to do. But to Luchinno he was a cheaper alternative to Ellsbury who they could have signed long term the year before last for a lot less than the Yankees offered. Once Luchinno elected to let him get past the exclusive negotiation time period without an offer, he was gone. Now the management sells you this rhetoric on getting younger but the real hidden reason is that rookies are at major league minimum salary.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think it was late March or early April tht my post "apathetic" appeared. That's no longer the case which, now, can be called "incompetent". They started the night against a suspect pitcher, with 4 RH hitters in the lineup. Meanwhile a kid named Betts has proven HE CAN HIT, so why are they waiting? Do they really think he won 't be ble to handle the pressure? I'm not saying he's the total answer, but surely Gomes, Napoli & Co. aren't! I think we can call this group, as a whole, the "called strike one" gang.

[/QUOTE]

Because if he flops they are afraid of the ramifications of the media burying them in bad press.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Not that it matters much to the indisputable point that the Sox offence is mired in ineptitude, but there are 2 stats for LOB.  As a team they had 8 LOB last night.  If you look at the Oakland stats they also had 19 individual LOB, and 10 team LOB.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Meanwhile a kid named Betts has proven HE CAN HIT,

Yup, and both Bogaerts and Bradley have proven they can hit, so why do we need Betts?

Maybe because proving you can hit against minoe league pitchers, while both good and important, is not the same as proving you can hit against major league pitchers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not that it matters much to the indisputable point that the Sox offence is mired in ineptitude, but there are 2 stats for LOB.  As a team they had 8 LOB last night.  If you look at the Oakland stats they also had 19 individual LOB, and 10 team LOB.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Eventually we'll get to the point where we left 28 guys on base in a 9-inning game, and no will notice anything wrong with the number.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

A nonsensical thread, not because the Sox aren't lousy hitters, but because all of you seem blissfully unaware that the Athletics have easily the best pitching in MLB, especially when they are playing in their own spacious ballpark.  To me the surprise was that the Sox scored 3 runs and were in the ball game until Miller hit two in the 8th which led to Crisp's rbi single.  Another surprise was that Doubront hung around until the 5th inning even though he gave up a 3 run dinger in the 1st inning, when I admit I thought the game was basically over. 

This was the wrong game for a rant.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Said it in the off season that this team needed a hitter with the loss of Ellsbury and Saltalamachia. Dopey Luchinno thought that they were going to get the same productivity out of career minor leaguer Daniel Nava and Johnny Gomes. Unbelievable. I watch Jackie Bradley Junior struggle to hit a fast ball of all things last year as well as this year. Yeah, I know he has speed and a great glove, but to steal bases you have to get on base which he struggles to do. But to Luchinno he was a cheaper alternative to Ellsbury who they could have signed long term the year before last for a lot less than the Yankees offered. Once Luchinno elected to let him get past the exclusive negotiation time period without an offer, he was gone. Now the management sells you this rhetoric on getting younger but the real hidden reason is that rookies are at major league minimum salary.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt Jacoby was coming back here even is the sox came close to the Yank's offer.  No one got his back when youk started in on how long he was out with his injury.  Dustin just about joined in with  Youk, and Ortiz who wants everyone to watch his back, said nothing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

A nonsensical thread, not because the Sox aren't lousy hitters, but because all of you seem blissfully unaware that the Athletics have easily the best pitching in MLB, especially when they are playing in their own spacious ballpark.  To me the surprise was that the Sox scored 3 runs and were in the ball game until Miller hit two in the 8th which led to Crisp's rbi single.  Another surprise was that Doubront hung around until the 5th inning even though he gave up a 3 run dinger in the 1st inning, when I admit I thought the game was basically over. 

This was the wrong game for a rant.  

The A's may or may not have the best pitching in baseball, but if they do then how come the Sox had so many base runners. With all the opportunities afforded them, I just have trouble with why the Sox hitters are so inept at bringing home a base runner in scoring position.  Never mind a homer or other extra base hit, I'd be more than happy with a scratch single, a blooper to right, or seeing-eye ground ball up the middle.  Just protect the plate and put wood on the ball.

And as for this being the wrong game for a rant, respectfully, if I don't rant when the mood moves me, I'll become disengaged, and we wouldn't want that to happen. :) :) :)

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts