Are you sick of rehashing last September?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Are you sick of rehashing last September?

YES!  Now, pass me the chicken and crack me a beer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

once the new season starts, it will all be a distant memory....a lil motivational incentive to make amends never hurt anyone....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I don't think we'll ever forget it, but there's nothing more to say about it at this point.  Hopefully Beckett and Lester will have good years this year.  That would go a long way toward putting it behind us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"People love it when you lose....they love dirty laundry...

...it's interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry....

...kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down...

...kick 'em when they're up,kick 'em whe they're down..."

(thank you Don Henley).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from elktonnick. Show elktonnick's posts

We forget the September collapse, after we forget Bucky------Dent, Bill Buckner, Grady Little, etc etc etc.  It is in our DNA and part of who we are as Red Sox fans.  We forget nothing.   As the saying goes; "They killed my grandfather, my father and now they are coming for me."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Are you sick of rehashing last September?:
    [QUOTE]I am. Kind of makes me wonder why the Globe's Red Sox page still has the "Inside the Red Sox Collapse" special report prominently featured. And what a shock to hear Youkilis admit the team had a bad vibe. Unfortunately, we're certain to get more of this little soap opera when pitchers and catchers report and the scribes get to descend on Beckett and try to force a few comments out of him. Too bad they can't just play the game......
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

It is just like rubbernecking when there is a car on the shoulder, the slower the better. Maybe some dead body will appear.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Are you sick of rehashing last September?:
    [QUOTE]We forget the September collapse, after we forget Bucky------Dent, Bill Buckner, Grady Little, etc etc etc.  It is in our DNA and part of who we are as Red Sox fans.  We forget nothing.   As the saying goes; "They killed my grandfather, my father and now they are coming for me."
    Posted by elktonnick[/QUOTE]

I agree up to a point.  But the saying you quoted comes from before 2004. 

The Sept/11 collapse won't ever bother me as much as Dent, Buckner, Grady did.  Yes, it was a historic collapse.  But well before the collapse was complete you could see that we weren't going to go far in the postseason. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

but '78 team at least fought like heck to gain serious ground just to break our hearts in the playoff...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you sick of rehashing last September? :  but there's nothing more to say about it at IDK nut I think the OP is right, there are plenty of writers and fans that feel becket needs to address it IMO it would be best to have a arod type press conference the 1st day and then say he won't talk about it again
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

It would be great if Beckett did that.  But I honestly think it's more important that he pitch well and stay in shape this year.  Actions speak louder than words.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

There is an old saying that goes something like,"" those who fail to remember the past are destined to repeat it.""  I for 1 don't really wish to go down that road again and I understand that the talk gets old but wouldn't it suck to have this happen because the mentality is " well thats in the past"  I don't think that anyone should let the enabled fat cats ever forget what happened.  Move on yes but never forget it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you sick of rehashing last September? :  but there's nothing more to say about it at IDK nut I think the OP is right, there are plenty of writers and fans that feel becket needs to address it IMO it would be best to have a arod type press conference the 1st day and then say he won't talk about it again

I personally do not want Josh to have this Mia Culpa press conference.  I would be entirely satisfied to let his pitching do all the talking.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

a mea culpa has to be sincere...the fact that josh has made no attempt to address this just suggests JB either doesnt care or doesnt take responsibility for it...either way he's a jerk for this and the main reason why he shouldve been shown the door...im still hoping valentine does...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you sick of rehashing last September? : greetings space I personally do not want Josh to have this Mia Culpa press conference why not ? is your answer to the OP 'no' the thread asks if you are tired of hearing about it IMO if the answer is yes, the Mia Culpa is needed, even then it's not going away I would be entirely satisfied to let his pitching do all the talking. Hfxsoxnut said pretty much the same thing about the winning the winning goes without saying but I'm not sure the winning would stop the press besides MFYfans seldom see things as either or ;-)

No, of course you are right.  It just gets my goat that such a 'press conference' is necessary to quell the witch-hunting masses and press.  My sense is that, other than satisfying guys like Geo, Bill-806 and their dark overlords in the press ranks, such a spectacle is of no good at all.  It is emasucalating to Beckett.  I would much prefer that the ridiculous beer & chicken brigade keep squacking and Josh is fueled all year to shut them up with his nasty pitching.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Are you sick of rehashing last September?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you sick of rehashing last September? : It would be great if Beckett did that.  But I honestly think it's more important that he pitch well and stay in shape this year.  Actions speak louder than words. Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE] Yup, and I don't think its just a coincidence that Punto, Ross, Sweeney, Bailey and Melancon are all supposedly "good clubhouse guys," especially when Ben made it a point to say that the biggest difference between him and Theo is that he puts more emphasis on a player's "make-up." Not sure how Padilla fits into this theory, but oh well...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Are you sick of rehashing last September?": Yup, and I don't think its just a coincidence that Punto, Ross, Sweeney, Bailey and Melancon are all supposedly "good clubhouse guys," especially when Ben made it a point to say that the biggest difference between him and Theo is that he puts more emphasis on a player's "make-up." Not sure how Padilla fits into this theory, but oh well...
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

I think they just tell Padilla 'screw up once and you're gone, because our financial investment in you won't be big enough to think twice about it.'

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]is your answer to the OP 'no' the thread asks if you are tired of hearing about it IMO if the answer is yes, the Mia Culpa is needed

I thought Mia Culpa was that soccer chick who ruined Nomie's career...Laughing
    Sorry zac, it's Friday, buddy.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you sick of rehashing last September? : No, of course you are right.  It just gets my goat that such a 'press conference' is necessary to quell the witch-hunting masses and press.  My sense is that, other than satisfying guys like Geo, Bill-806 and their dark overlords in the press ranks, such a spectacle is of no good at all.  It is emasucalating to Beckett.  I would much prefer that the ridiculous beer & chicken brigade keep squacking and Josh is fueled all year to shut them up with his nasty pitching.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

i dont want one...he doesnt care...so he's dead to me...sorry Space....his nonsense cost us a playoff spot.....and hes fat and overpaid in addition to being an ingrate....i think i will pass on wanting to root for him

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you sick of rehashing last September? : i dont want one...he doesnt care...so he's dead to me...sorry Space....his nonsense cost us a playoff spot.....and hes fat and overpaid in addition to being an ingrate....i think i will pass on wanting to root for him
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

haha.  all good g.  to each his own.  glad you dont need a mia culpa.  

see zac?  the people you think need the A-Rod Special actually don't care.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you sick of rehashing last September? : SPACEMAN......  YOU GIVE GEROME & I TOO MUCH CREDIT HERE.......  YES, BECKETT MUST GO .....  OTHER THAN THAT, I HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY HELPING DANNY AINGE WITH RHE "TRANSFORMING" OF THE CELTICS......  LOOK FOR THE CHANGE OF ADDRESS FOR  ONEAL, RAY ALLEN, AND R. RONDO !!!!    WHAT SAY YOU ?? SON !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
     Hard to say about the Celts Bill.  Any number of possibilities on who gets moved.  If I am Danny, the only guy I am keeping dibs on is Rondo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Absolutely sick of last September stuff and all of last year for that matter!

Spring training starts in a couple of weeks.  All thoughts have to be on 2012 as there is no way to go back and change last September's events.

Sections
Shortcuts