Are you willing to pay to read Nick Cafardo and Dan Shaughnessy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Are you willing to pay to read Nick Cafardo and Dan Shaughnessy?

" Whatever profession you're in, I'm sure you'd like to get paid. Shouldn't reporters and columnists, etc"

Right  - the Globe has every right to experiment with revenue models and see what works. 

Problem is I'm not paying for the kind of crud they have been putting out. Shaughnessy should be paying US to read his junk

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayToDay. Show DayToDay's posts

I'm not sure this is a fair question.  When you think of it, it doesn't necessarily paint Cafardo or Shaughnessey in a bad light if the majority of the populace aren't willing to pay to read their writing.  One thing that has become abundantly clear over the past several years is, if people can get away with it, they won't pay for anything.  Movies, record albums, books, video games--people feel they're entitled to all of them for free.  ("If a musician were truly an artist, he'd do it for free anyway!")

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

I'd chip in to a fund if it meant Mazz and CHB never wrote or spoke in public again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Are you willing to pay to read Nick Cafardo and Dan Shaughnessy?:
    [QUOTE]I'd chip in to a fund if it meant Mazz and CHB never wrote or spoke in public again.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Sign me up!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Wow -- the Globe thinks this is gonna work?

We all pay by coming to the website, where they sall adds, etc.  I can't open the site without six new ads possping up in my face, and half the time my browser blows up as a result.

Sorry -- not another nickel.