Are you worried that Tampa Bay will win the Wild Card?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Are you worried that Tampa Bay will win the Wild Card?

“We still have to get ourselves close enough to really make that impact and we’re on the verge of doing that,” Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. “If we could get ourselves within striking distance then I think people are going to start feeling our breath.”

Tonight: RHP John Lackey (12-11, 6.11) vs. RHP Wade Davis (9-8, 4.50) Saturday: RHP Kyle Weiland (0-1, 6.75) vs. RHP Jeremy Hellickson (12-10, 2.90) Sunday: LHP Jon Lester (15-6, 2.93) vs. RHP James Shields (14-10, 2.77)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Are you worried that Tampa Bay will win the Wild Card?

I will tell you at the end of the weekend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

TB needs a sweep. It ain't happening.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm worried about Republicans continuing to fund the government on the backs of the middle class. I'm worried about a terrorist attack on the anniversary of Sept. 11. I'm worried that I might get sick and die.

I don't worry about a silly ballgame.  It's entertainment , not life and death. If we lose , we lose...life goes on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobcrouse1. Show bobcrouse1's posts

Yes, if we can't find some reliable arms other than Lester, we're in real trouble.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

We will know Sunday night who wants it more. Championship teams find a way to win and right now, we are not playing like one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Why worry? There's no percentage in it. What will happen will happen and either you will live on or you won't.

For the record, I think the Sox will win 2 of 3 this week-end.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

No, because while a few of us will swallow a bottle of pills, the rest of the country will take it in stride.

However, I do think the Rays will make it close. They have great starting pitchers, and we have a list of disabled veterans. But, they are 6 back, and have a lot of games against the Yankees.

But I wonder if it will make much difference. Without a healthy Beckett and Buchholz, it's all academic conversation. We'll never get out of the first round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

Nope.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Maybe the Yankees should be worried about the Sox taking over first place which is a much more likely scenario

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

No.  More importantly: GO ANGELS!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

No, for 98% reason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Not worried because I have resigned myself to the inevitable....most overrated Red Sox team since '78 Supersox. Even if this overpriced, overhyped group gets in the playoffs, it wil lbe an easy sweep for whomever they draw.

If you ask all the playoff contending teams which team would they like to face, I guarantee all would pick the Red Flops.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

In Response to Re: Are you worried that Tampa Bay will win the Wild Card?:
    [QUOTE]Not worried because I have resigned myself to the inevitable....most overrated Red Sox team since '78 Supersox. Even if this overpriced, overhyped group gets in the playoffs, it wil lbe an easy sweep for whomever they draw. If you ask all the playoff contending teams which team would they like to face, I guarantee all would pick the Red Flops.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

Happy Friday to you, too, sadsack.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

If TB wins the Wild Card then we are playing so poorly we don't belong in the playoffs. I think we'll stumble in but the way we're playing I wouldn't bet on us lasting very long. Last night after we crept back into the game to make it 5-3 I thought we had a chance to pull the game out but again the bullpen failed us. Paps is the only reliable guy out there but we can't seem to get to him. Bummer!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

no...if they do - set up barricades at Tobin for me

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouV. Show LouV's posts

Let's cut thru the chase!  This team is done for. Look @ the record the last 2
    weeks. DISGRACEFUL!!!  Managment should have seen this coming 2 months ago.
    Buchholz, injured, Drew, Wakefield is done for, & Lester really is not that effective.
    Can't go beyong 5-6 innings. Then you rely on a kid to play right field. And what
    did management do about it. NOTHING!!!!! If the Rays overtake the Sox, it will
    serve them right, and then, maybe we will get some real management to
    direct this club.  LouV

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Lou , really, you need help.

You are getting way too worked up over this.

You are busted for ranting and raving without probable cause, and without a valid ranter's licence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

I'm worried because it's within reach for Tampa or the Angels and the Sox' pitching staff is decimated.  They're giving me a a haht attack!

Sections
Shortcuts