ARGO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

ARGO

Kim raved about this here. Good pick, Kim.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: ARGO

loser

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Great movie.  Congrats Ben!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

loser

The usual demented commentary; and this is without the yam-yam.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Yes! So happy he won. Great night for a great Sox fan. To not even be nominated in the Best Director category couldn't change how great the film was. He was so emotional, it was a beautiful moment.

Thanks for the thread celebrating this, Steven. It was really fun to see. One of my favorite Oscar ceremonies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

loser

Why do you have to be an azz all the time?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Yes! So happy he won. Great night for a great Sox fan. To not even be nominated in the Best Director category couldn't change how great the film was. He was so emotional, it was a beautiful moment.

Thanks for the thread celebrating this, Steven. It was really fun to see. One of my favorite Oscar ceremonies.

YW. And I was shocked to see what good form Shirley Bassey was in. Also, I know DDL is a great actor, but I never pictured Lincoln with such a squeaky high voice. Something tells me I'm right. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ben "Aflack" needs to donate all his money and assets as a down payment on the national debt to help feed the poor and the unemployed middle class. He can do so by going to the Bureau of the National Debt and doing the one click on it's website.

Actually, you have no idea what Ben does with his money. Why do YOU have to be an azz all the time?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

YW. And I was shocked to see what good form Shirley Bassey was in.

Have to admit, I didn't see the entire ceremony, and, again, have to admit I don't know who Shirley Bassey is. I could google it, but that would kind of be disingenuous. Contrary to some posters here, I don't make up stories about things I don't know. It would feel weird to me.

Maybe if you told me what she was wearing, I might remember. LOL Sad, but true.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Wasn't the most believable part of the movie the ending? You know when the Iranian Guard chased his plane down the runway... the fictitious repetitious Hollywood garbage?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

YW. And I was shocked to see what good form Shirley Bassey was in. Also, I know DDL is a great actor, but I never pictured Lincoln with such a squeaky high voice. Something tells me I'm right. 

Actually, a lot of questions came up about that prior to the Oscars. Turns out, he did alot of research on Lincoln and he did, in fact, have a high voice. He played him exactly from what the record states. Amazing actor. Really brought Lincoln to life.

I saw Lincoln as well, and thought he did an amazing job, but I'm glad it didn't win as best picture. Even with the great Steven Spielberg (I once had a cat named Steven Spielberg I used to call Steve - true LOL), the award should not be given for reputation. I thought it was fitting that Daniel got best actor, though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Wasn't the most believable part of the movie the ending? You know when the Iranian Guard chased his plane down the runway... the fictitious repetitious Hollywood garbage?

I don't know the ACTUAL true story. I thought they said it was confidential to begin with, and perhaps shouldn't have been made into a movie. How do you know it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Actually, you have no idea what Ben does with his money

Yes, I do, and it's not paying the public debt. He's a communist in talk, only.

I would bet that Ben gives as much as he receives. He didn't come from money, and I would imagine he relates to other people who aren't fortunate as well. He makes alot of movies in Boston, where he comes from, and usually hires locals -- as does Mark Wahlberg -- to fill his cast of characters. Stories that have nothing to do with Hollywood, and people who have nothing to do with Hollywood.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Carter was so incompetent. This film was filled with inaccuarcies, which is what Hollywood is all about. Most Americans think that Vietnam was like the imagination of Hollywood directors. In fact, most Americans have no grasp of reality because they are Hollywood lemmings. Hollwyood is a left wing propaganda ministry, which is what Germany employed.

It's funny you bring up Vietnam. My son is in H.S. and they refuse to teach anything about or even go over what occurred. Sorry I know this is a baseball forum but it bugs me.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Carter was so incompetent. This film was filled with inaccuarcies, which is what Hollywood is all about. Most Americans think that Vietnam was like the imagination of Hollywood directors. In fact, most Americans have no grasp of reality because they are Hollywood lemmings. Hollwyood is a left wing propaganda ministry, which is what Germany employed.

It's funny you bring up Vietnam. My son is in H.S. and they refuse to teach anything about or even go over what occurred. Sorry I know this is a baseball forum but it bugs me.

I think that would bother me as well. I wonder what the reasoning is for ignoring history. That's sounds kinda scary to me. "Selective history".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I would bet that Ben gives as much as he receives.

I would bet that Ben gives little and receives a lot. What he "gives" is for charitable tax decuction and image sale purposes.

Despite what propaganda teaches, people who "come from money" know just as much about people who "aren't as fortunate" as those who "come from people who aren't as fortunate". You are a bigot, pretending that lower economic class means better understsanding of human needs. In reality, jealousy is what drives the minds of those who proudly carry a big lower economic class chip on their shoulder.

I'm not too comfortable talking about myself online. However, my father, who originally came from the Bronx, invested in real estate. I've never wanted for anything in my life that I can remember. So, don't tell me what I know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I think that would bother me as well. I wonder what the reasoning is for ignoring history. That's sounds kinda scary to me. "Selective history".

Selective history is what's taught now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I knew it would not take long for Carter to be brought up. That pacifict is still getting used by the bad guys all over the world today

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Very disrespectful of the people who fought and died there. Like they didn't even exist and it never even happened. Awful. IMO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

YW. And I was shocked to see what good form Shirley Bassey was in.

Have to admit, I didn't see the entire ceremony, and, again, have to admit I don't know who Shirley Bassey is. I could google it, but that would kind of be disingenuous. Contrary to some posters here, I don't make up stories about things I don't know. It would feel weird to me.

Maybe if you told me what she was wearing, I might remember. LOL Sad, but true.

She sang the iconic Goldfinger Main Theme way back in 1964 (My favorite & arguably the best Bond film, although Skyfall supposed to be good); now pushing 80, she sang it last night ... and unbelievably, sounded about the same, with similar power, vocal quality, & projection. As far as Lincoln is concerned, I guess some of those documentaries about our likely greatest president were wrong; they made him sound like deity.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Very disrespectful of the people who fought and died there. Like they didn't even exist and it never even happened. Awful. IMO

That war was an embarrasing chapter in our history; hence some like to move on from it.

Sections
Shortcuts