Arnie Beyeler named 1st base coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Arnie Beyeler named 1st base coach

The Red Sox  promoted former minor league manager Arnie Beyeler to position of first base coach for the big league club. 

This ones for you carnie

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Arnie Beyeler named 1st base coach

He will help Ellsbury steal more bases.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hard to do that when Ellsbury spends a lot of time sitting on a bench. This year, even he fractures ribs and dislocates his shoulder, he'll be a playin' away!

[/QUOTE]

That should really help his trade value. Nothing like damaged goods to get those GM's salivating.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

The contract year is what he and his agent understand. And that wasn't 2010 or 2012.

[/QUOTE]

Not all contract years work out as hoped for by players or their agents. Better performance in a contract year is not supported by statistical data.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Beyeler earned the promotion. However , I think MLB teams should re-examine their priorities and payroll.  I would submit that a AAA manager is more important to an organization than an MLB first base coach. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Good for him. Let him get some time in MLB, then who knows...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Good move. He'll be an MLB manager someday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

He deserves a shot after the great job he did last year at Pawtucket.  He knows the young players which will be a nice addition in communication to the staff.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I like the way this coaching staff is shaping up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

In fact, it is. When the sample excludes players who are not starter position player and pitchers, statistical data shows exactly. The market pays the premium or cuts from arbitration base, for the contract year of first time FA starter history MLB players, not the median average.  

[/QUOTE]

Prove it.

And for the last time, there is no such thing as the median average!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the way this coaching staff is shaping up.

[/QUOTE]

I am liking it also now lets see who will the hitting coach and this part of the mngt. problems will be solved. Then the Cherington and Company can focus on the players that will be the missing links. Working on getting the coaching staff finish first is a good move. With ex jays coaches together and a manager from triple A will be a strong communication network to fit together the 40 man roster before spring training starts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

you know your GM sux when you have to start mentioning the first base coach hire as a good signing...

this is what we have been reduced to....and last time i checked, ben also hired last years coaching crew...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In fact, it is. When the sample excludes players who are not starter position player and pitchers, statistical data shows exactly. The market pays the premium or cuts from arbitration base, for the contract year of first time FA starter history MLB players, not the median average.  

[/QUOTE]

Prove it.

And for the last time, there is no such thing as the median average!

[/QUOTE]

There he goes again, using a meaningless statistic to cap off a non-sensical statement.  What is this median average?  The average distance inbetween divided highways?  Median, Mode and Average (properly known as the Mean).  No median mode, and no median average.  No average mode and no average median.  Just median, mode and mean. 

Sknuckleheadofty was schooled on this quite some time ago.  But why should he listen to those of us trained in statistics?  He is a legend in his own mind...far more intelligent than all of us, and (if I remember correctly) a superior lawyer, and an expert on economic theories, world politics, and statistical analyses as well!  He doesn't drink beer often, but when he does...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you know your GM sux when you have to start mentioning the first base coach hire as a good signing...

this is what we have been reduced to....and last time i checked, ben also hired last years coaching crew...

[/QUOTE]

As always georom wastes no opportunity to bash the Red Sox...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its a wonder some here are actually Sox fans the way they talk about the team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I always wonder if some of them really are. You really have to hope they aren't as miserable in their personal lives as they are "cheering" for their favorite ball team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I always wonder if some of them really are. You really have to hope they aren't as miserable in their personal lives as they are "cheering" for their favorite ball team.

[/QUOTE]

I think some are just here to "stir the pot" carnie.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think some are just here to "stir the pot" carnie.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

[/QUOTE]

You too my friend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wait -  we have GOMES and a first base coach now....

70 win season here we come!

stellar work ben!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

wait -  we have GOMES and a first base coach now....

70 win season here we come!

stellar work ben!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

seriously Geo? How many other teams have made a big move? Sox are just getting their platoon/bench guys set up while waiting for the FA market prices to set up.

Sections
Shortcuts