Arod - A Marlin ?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Arod - A Marlin ?????

From MLBTraderumors.com:

Yankees, Marlins Had Preliminary A-Rod Talks

Earlier today, Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman shot down a report from Keith Olbermann which indicated that the club has talked with the Marlins about a possible trade involving Alex Rodriguez.  However, Yankees president Randy Levine and Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria have in fact had a casual conversation about relocating the embattled third baseman to Miami, a source tells Wallace Matthews and Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com

It should be noted that the conversation first began in a "joking" fashion according to the report, which would indicate that any talks between the two sides are in an embryonic stage.  However, the source believes that the chat could develop into serious trade talks this winter.  Loria reportedly said, "Alex is Mr. Miami, it would be great if he played here for us."  The Yankees president then responded, "You can have him."

A second source with knowledge of A-Rod's thinking said Miami is likely the only place that he would accept a trade to.  For his part, Levine refused to comment on the conversation with Loria in an interview with ESPN New York's Ian O'Connor and declined to speculate on Rodriguez's future with the Yanks beyond this year.  Rodriguez is owed $114MM over the next five years, not including potential bonuses for home run milestones.

It would not be unprecedented for Yankees brass to conduct business with limited involvement from Cashman.  Two years ago, the club brokered a substantial deal for reliever Rafael Soriano despite the GM's objections.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Arod - A Marlin ?????

The Yankees should eat up $90 million out of the $114 million.  It will be a less dramatic ballclub.

When A-Rod gets traded, he can pull a Lebron James and make this announcement,.....

A-Rod: "I am taking my talents to South Beach...........yah!!!!"

*crickets*    *crickets*

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Brian Cashman: "Hi, LA Dodgers?  This is Brian Cashman.  Can we dump $250 million in salaries of veterans past their prime? We will give you A-Rod, Granderson, and Swisher."

LA Dodgers: "Sorry Cashman, the Boston Red Sox were one step ahead of you." 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Hopefully they will be able to get something besides the apparently over-the-hill closer Heath Bell in return for dumping part of his contract on the Fish.  He would be near his mansion home and under minimal pressure to perform...He would need no balls then to send more autographed balls into the stands soliciting the phone numbers of hot looking ladies...Thanks for some of the memories, A-Rod, but it is time to move on....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

A-Rod has clauses in his contract that allow him to be paid $6mill for every milestone HR after 660, giving him some $30mill in addition, one of which have been paid yet.  The Yankees signed him to this contract for the express purpose of brining the All Time HR crown back to the Bronx.

If they are going to pay him to do anything, they are going to pay him to be MLB's and NY's all time HR champ.  They aren't going to pay him to be a Marlin...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If he does head south, the Marlins better tell him to bring a 1b glove with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to notin's comment:

A-Rod has clauses in his contract that allow him to be paid $6mill for every milestone HR after 660, giving him some $30mill in addition, one of which have been paid yet.  The Yankees signed him to this contract for the express purpose of brining the All Time HR crown back to the Bronx.

If they are going to pay him to do anything, they are going to pay him to be MLB's and NY's all time HR champ.  They aren't going to pay him to be a Marlin...

Notin, I think the handwriting is on the wall...If Levine, Cashman and company planned to keep A-Rod, he would have been in the lineup tonight, and he would have pinch-hit for Ibanez when he faced a leftie....As a Yankee fan, I have a lot of good A-Rod memories, but after this PS debacle there is no going back....He will be a Marlin next year and the Yanks will still pick up a huge portion of his remaining salary....Maybe they will take a chance on Buehrle's contract, and possibly get a pitching prospect to boot, but A-Rod is A-Gone next year....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I heard Heath Bell will be heading to NY if this goes down...

vhttp://www.nesn.com/2012/10/report-yankees-in-talks-to-trade-alex-rodriguez-to-marlins-possibly-in-exchange-for-heath-bell.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No. Not so graceful. Arod is more like a hagfish.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Why is it the Yanks don't hesitate to bench ARod but Tito NEVER benched any of the malcontents on our team? I finally have one thing to applaud for NY.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Why is it the Yanks don't hesitate to bench ARod but Tito NEVER benched any of the malcontents on our team? I finally have one thing to applaud for NY.

Except NYY have an agenda

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Manny should have been beched but wasn't... of course he was still kicking azz

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Manny should have been beched but wasn't... of course he was still kicking azz

I don't think it has anything to do with A-Rod being a malcontent. It's just his lack of production. Where's cousin Vinnie?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Miami will be too stupid to take A-Rod especially they dont have DH.  Heck no way that A-Rod can play defense within the next five years.

Dont be too stupid, Miami!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

The Yankees should eat up $90 million out of the $114 million.  It will be a less dramatic ballclub.

When A-Rod gets traded, he can pull a Lebron James and make this announcement,.....

*crickets*    *crickets*

I hope that we never experience another program similar to the decision that LeBron had.  It made him hated by many NBA fans and really ruined his reputation.  Although, many NBA fans did forgive him, although, I am not one of them.  I just really dislike Miami and never wanted to see them win a championship.  That being said, I do believe that Arod could get traded.  The Yankees would have to pay a good portion of the money remaining on his contract. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

*crickets*    *crickets*

I hope that we never experience another program similar to the decision that LeBron had.  It made him hated by many NBA fans and really ruined his reputation.  Although, many NBA fans did forgive him, although, I am not one of them.  I just really dislike Miami and never wanted to see them win a championship.  That being said, I do believe that Arod could get traded.  The Yankees would have to pay a good portion of the money remaining on his contract. 

Arod says he wants to remain a yankee and I would be surprised if he doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract. I don't know if he does or not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

He can be traded, and even if he had a no-trade, he would certainly be happy to leave. I cannot see how he can continue his career in NYC, especially if he wants to have some kind of positive legacy. Marlins certainly have some over-paid pieces of dung on their roster. It might be best for all.

My opinion is he should read the handwriting on the wall and retire. He is hated in the press and by the NY fans. He has been sh*t this postseason for sure, but NY's problems have not been his fault. They fall squarely on the shoulders of Cano and Tex. But the press only cares about destroying him. I cannot believe he would even want to play in NY again.

Yankee F.O. doesn't care about revenue generated by a possible chase at the HR record. they are tainted numbers. And at the rate A-Rod is going, he will be lucky to average 17 HR's a season which would barely get him to 714 and there is no way any Yankee fan or the F.O. wants to see him pass Ruth.

Cashman and Hal wanted him to opt out of the contract but Fat Hank jumped in and thought he was channeling his old man. Dumb idiot that Hank.

I have rooted and defended him for years and feel he took too much of the blame for some of NY's post season failures in the mid 2000's, but his time has passed in NY. He can never be a productive player here again. It's over now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Can you say Salary dump??? no way (of course I would have called you crazy if you predicted the L.A. Trade) a team may take on a few million a year.  But who will pay his bonuses???? 

I would love to see the Yankees pay 20+ million a year for AROD to play elsewhere, that would just be awesome. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

You just may get your wish CT. Yankee fans are always happy when we can make RSN happy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Thank God the Red Sox dumped $250 million in salaries to the Dodgers.  

I believe that the Yankees have bigger problems than the Red Sox.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

A-rod do not have a trade clause in his contract per reading an article at somewhere.  But one writer think A-Rod would easily waive his trade clause if he is traded to Miami cuz that is where his home.  

But I do hope not Miami take him no matter how much the Yankees are absorbing up his contract.

Let the Yankees be stuck with him for the next five years!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

LA Angels: "&%#$ we just gave Pujols a ten-year contract too."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

There are more hotties to flirt with in Miami.

Sections
Shortcuts