Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation (updated)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Re: Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation (updated)

You say "fun to tweek such passionate baseball fans."
    I say troll who needs to get a life.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Haven't we already accepted that a lot of guys, some of whom many want to think of as beyond reproach, have likely used PEDs?  I have no doubt that some guys are still using drugs that are undetectable by current testing methods. 

It's a dirty sport fellas, maybe less so now than a few years ago.  A-Rod hasn't cornered the market on PED use, he just happens to be one of the most high profile users and a Yankee, so he gets beat up here obviously. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

Hey it was OK for Elvis why not AROD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn0EdIy_OhI

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

Re: Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation

In Response to Re: Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation :  Well, thank you for your well thought out intelligent response.   Sorry if you don't understand why this is a problem.If Arod is doing steroids and/or HGH,it is a league violation.Since Sucart provided them to Arod in the past(according to Arod's own testimony) and he's travelling to away games with the Yankees,it looks awfully suspicious.Especially after Rodriguez's comeback from his hip surgery and re-emergence as a hitter. So yes,it is newsworthy whether you like it or not.Maybe Rodriguez isn't doing against MLB rules or maybe he is.It bears looking into and taking appropriate action if necessary.  
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

And obviously you are OK in what Papi is doing, talk about looking awfully suspicious. You don't like him Fine, you think he cheated Fine, but his WS ring, his salary, his overall attitude is not going away. Sorry, but many RS players have just as many "suspicions" over the years. You think its newsworthy, even ESPN who will report on players hangnails barely gave it the time of day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

In Response to Re: Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation (updated):
    [QUOTE]You say "fun to tweek such passionate baseball fans." I say troll who needs to get a life.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]
    Gee Tom-uk didn't realize every poster that doesn't put the Red Sox in the best possible light is a troll.  Sorry to hurt your feelings guy.  I didn't realize the rules that every post needs to be 100 percent Pro Red Sox, all the time.  I will try not to state the obvious when people in glass houses are throwing stones.  I will try to keep my head in the sand and ignore the possibilites that everything isn't what it appears to be.  Whats really funny is that you actually took the time to respond to a "Troll" who said he was tweeking the fan base.  Who needs to get a life? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation (updated):
    [QUOTE]Haven't we already accepted that a lot of guys, some of whom many want to think of as beyond reproach, have likely used PEDs?  I have no doubt that some guys are still using drugs that are undetectable by current testing methods.  It's a dirty sport fellas, maybe less so now than a few years ago.  A-Rod hasn't cornered the market on PED use, he just happens to be one of the most high profile users and a Yankee, so he gets beat up here obviously. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Haven't we already accepted that a lot of guys, some of whom many want to think of as beyond reproach, have likely used PEDs?

I guess only the honest fans have

thanks 4 the post CablesWyndBairn

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Haven't we already accepted that a lot of guys, some of whom many want to think of as beyond reproach, have likely used PEDs?  I have no doubt that some guys are still using drugs that are undetectable by current testing methods.  It's a dirty sport fellas, maybe less so now than a few years ago.  A-Rod hasn't cornered the market on PED use, he just happens to be one of the most high profile users and a Yankee, so he gets beat up here obviously. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

you're right CWB, however, A-Rod was his own worst enemy concerning this issue, fueling the fire with his arrogance by going on 60 minutes and telling katie couric and the nation he never did steroids because he didnt need to. Had he kept his mouth shut, it may not have come back to bite him to the extent it has. traveling with the cousin, who he admittted was his supplier, isn't helping his cause

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation : And obviously you are OK in what Papi is doing, talk about looking awfully suspicious. You don't like him Fine, you think he cheated Fine, but his WS ring, his salary, his overall attitude is not going away. Sorry, but many RS players have just as many "suspicions" over the years. You think its newsworthy, even ESPN who will report on players hangnails barely gave it the time of day.
    Posted by MrDee[/QUOTE]

You have to understand there's a difference between suspicions and facts.It could be that Papi is using PEDs.But that is a suspicion.The facts are that cousin Yuri has been named as Arod's PED supplier and he's following him around the country.That is what makes this a newsworthy story.I'm not saying that Arod is using PEDs again,but the FACT is it looks kind of suspicious not only to me,but to the front offices of MLB.That's why they were questioning it.
        Sorry if you think people are picking on him because he's a Yankee.He's an admitted PED user and has his supplier traveling with him.Try looking at it from a unbiased point of view.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation :       You have to understand there's a difference between suspicions and facts.It could be that Papi is using PEDs.But that is a suspicion.The facts are that cousin Yuri has been named as Arod's PED supplier and he's following him around the country.That is what makes this a newsworthy story.I'm not saying that Arod is using PEDs again,but the FACT is it looks kind of suspicious not only to me,but to the front offices of MLB.That's why they were questioning it.     Sorry if you think people are picking on him because he's a Yankee.He's an admitted PED user and has his supplier traveling with him.Try looking at it from a unbiased point of view.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

You are right Arod is an admiited user, and your point being ------. Meawhile someone like Papi or Manny has yet to come forward to say anything, so using your logic let just forget about them and continue to hammer Arod. The Arod stuff is not something new, we have all heard it before and if MLB was going to do something about it they simply should have done it a long time ago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation : You are right Arod is an admiited user, and your point being ------. Meawhile someone like Papi or Manny has yet to come forward to say anything, so using your logic let just forget about them and continue to hammer Arod. The Arod stuff is not something new, we have all heard it before and if MLB was going to do something about it they simply should have done it a long time ago.
    Posted by MrDee[/QUOTE]
       Arod put himself in the position to get hammered.He told MLB that his cousin supplied his drugs and now he has that very same cousin travelling with him.It's not the smartest thing in the world to do.I really don't understand what's so hard to figure out about that.
       Maybe you know differently,but as far as I know,Papi doesn't have a known  PED supplier travelling with him.
       That is why there's a story about Arod and not Papi.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]I never understood the suspicion of Papi.  I know he was on 'the list', but there were a lot of legal, over-the-counter supplements on the 2003 list.  I remember the Oriole pitcher collapsed and died a month before the drug testing started, and ephedrine was added to the list.  You could have had a positive result from a nasal decongestant. Papi has always had the same body type and his best years were in 2006 and 2007, after the controlled policies went into place, and the obvious users had already begun their decline (remember Gagne in 2007).  He battled a couple of injuries, and had some slow starts to the last couple of seasons, but right now at age 35, he's at an OPS 100 points lower than his best season at age 31.  That seems like a very likely place for him to be.   What is the mind-set of the posters who call 2007 tainted?  Do you think Papi hides his steroid use well, uses undetectable HGH, or did he do so many drugs prior to 2006 that there was enough left in his system for two good years before he started his decline?  If you believe the latter, is he back on the juice?

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Really? Maybe he is suspected because he was nothing before coming to the sawx and then turned into a hitting monster.

As far as always having the same body type, have you looked at his pictures with the twins?

http://www.freewebs.com/316sports/david%20ortiz-small.jpg

I don't think it was the extra big macs that he could afford with his new sawx contract.

after the controlled policies went into place, and the obvious users had already begun their decline (remember Gagne in 2007).

I seem to remember Arod and Pettitte being pretty good in '07.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

damn, this could be the biggest cousin scandal since jerry lee lewis.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation (updated) : So what is your take on it right now?  Do you think Ortiz took a bunch of steroids 5 or 6 years ago, and is still reaping the benefits?  Or do you think he is still using but doing a good job hiding it? Arod had a great year in 2007.  I don't think he was ever a heavy user.  I think Pettitte used much more than he was suspected of, and his numbers support it.  His ERA jumped from 2.39 to 4.20 the year testing began, and his WHIP from 1.030 to 1.437.  Yeah, he switched leagues but c'mon.   Yes, Ortiz's body has changed since he was 21.  Here is a picture from 2002 (with the Twins).

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I have no idea.

But to not see why papi is suspected but seeing why others are suspected is either naive or being a homer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

I think Cano is on the new age charles atlas program too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I think Cano is on the new age charles atlas program too.
    Posted by small-package[/QUOTE]

Once a clown, always a clown.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation (updated) : Once a clown, always a clown.  
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Thank you. It's always good to hear from my constuency. I am a man of the yankee people.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arod and his cousin relationship under MLB investigation (updated) : Thank you. It's always good to hear from my constuency. I am a man of the yankee people.
    Posted by small-package[/QUOTE]

You're welcome, Smiley. I'm here to please.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Boli Boy ain't ever gonna even get a whif of the HOF.....poetic justice just like Clemens.......