Arod flirting with females during game 1 of the ALCS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Arod flirting with females during game 1 of the ALCS

In response to ampoule's comment:

This is the player that was a whisker away from playing for us if it wasn't nullified by the commisioner.

Yet, the fans here all bad mouth him.  This, in my opinion, is the essence of the fickleness.

yet,

You've never been giddy with happiness, when you've discovered you've dodged the provebial bullet?

I am!

But, you're right. We should stick to just ripping our own players...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Yankees gave that policeman a hard time about asking for an autograph during the game.  That policeman got reassigned.

Arod asks women for their phone numbers during the ALCS game.  Guess he got same treatment - reassigned...to the bench.  Girardi nor Cashman were amused by his stunt during the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

This is the player that was a whisker away from playing for us if it wasn't nullified by the commisioner.

Yet, the fans here all bad mouth him.  This, in my opinion, is the essence of the fickleness.

Oh, give me a break! 

Arod has become the charicature of a spoiled, overpaid athlete, whether he's using PED's, dating Madonna, or trying to pick up girls during a playoff game.  And the fact that the Sox once coveted him doesn't excuse him from being ridiculed.

The fact is, the Y's signed him to a long-term high-$$ contract in an effort to make a run at the WS during his productive years of the contract and now they're living with the downside of that contract. 

What the Y's didn't see coming was that Arod would make his life the punch line of multiple jokes. 

yet,

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

yet,

That doesn't make sense Ampoule.  Just because the FO was on the verge of signing him doesn't mean that the fan base collectively wanted him in Boston.  Sure, there were a few.  But, there was a lot of resistance to the idea back then.  ARod's contract demands were such that, even back then at the waning height of his career, it was gonna be a giant burden in the back end.  Not to mention that he  had no track record of clutch or leadership.    And, despite his prickly relationship with management, there was no question in my mind, and many others, that switching Manny for Alex would be a huuuuge mistake.  I myself was like "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!"  Not sure where fickle comes in to play.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Oh, give me a break! 

Arod has become the charicature of a spoiled, overpaid athlete, whether he's using PED's, dating Madonna, or trying to pick up girls during a playoff game.  And the fact that the Sox once coveted him doesn't excuse him from being ridiculed.

The fact is, the Y's signed him to a long-term high-$$ contract in an effort to make a run at the WS during his productive years of the contract and now they're living with the downside of that contract. 

What the Y's didn't see coming was that Arod would make his life the punch line of multiple jokes. 

yet,

What is worse is that Cashman and Hal Steinbrenner didn't want to resign him. They were quite happy about him leaving and then Fat Hank entered the picture. Please note that Fat Hank is not even allowed near the hotdog stands in Y.S. anymore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

In response to S5's comment:

Oh, give me a break! 

yet,

What is worse is that Cashman and Hal Steinbrenner didn't want to resign him. They were quite happy about him leaving and then Fat Hank entered the picture. Please note that Fat Hank is not even allowed near the hotdog stands in Y.S. anymore.

All that and you can add the yankees were bidding against themselves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Yoshi, I'm alright with this. It's what guys do. Flirting is fun, especially with members of the opposite sex. A-Rod was not playing so no problem.....at least for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Now we got Francessa claiming on WFAN that Yanks lose tonight that ARod has played his last game as a Yank. Guess he forgot to take a good look at the contract. Even if Yanks were willing to eat half of it there would be no takers. Enjoy the next 5 yrs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Yoshimi25's comment:

Well, he's single, so I guess he can do what he wants.  Still doesn't change the fact that he's gross.   I mean, you guys are with me on this, right?  Would any of you want to date A-Rod?  Its funny, because that much money usually makes a guy attractive...but for some reason, it doesn't improve his looks at all. 

I am a guy.  Of course I wouldn't date A-Rod.

Not even for all of the money he makes in one year of his deal!! Not for the $28mill he is going ot make in 2013.  And not even for the $32mill he made in 2011.  And certainly not for the $30mill he makes for passing HR milestones!!   I wouldn't date him for any of that.

Don't believe me?  Have A-Rod ask me out and offer me those things and see how fast I turn them down!!  Bring it on!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Too funny,just because it's Arod.Here's a paragraph,click the link to read the whole article.

From yahoo.com:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/report-rod-flirts-female-fans-during-alcs-game-132046254--mlb.html

In a story that seems too ridiculous to be true, except that it's A-Rod, the New York Post quotes unnamed witnesses at Game 1 of the ALCS saying Rodriguez openly flirted with two female fans sitting near the Yankees dugout after he was taken out for a pinch hitter in the eighth inning. He even had a bat boy toss the women ball with instructions to write their phone numbers on it — which they did. This is the same game in which Derek Jeter broke his ankle.

pathetic. and i heard aj pierzynski defend him with the, "hes single" line. talk about not having your priorities straight....and talk about letting your personal life interfere with your work. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Rumor: One of the two female fans was Girardi's wife.  That's why A-Rod is being benched.  

Both Swisher and Cano struck out in the first inning this afternoon.  

Sections
Shortcuts