ARod gets 162 Games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

ARod gets 162 Games

Plus the PS, which I doubt matters. Expect a court fight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: ARod gets 162 Games

whats the reason for not upholding the 211 game suspension?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/a-rod-plan-b-alex-ready-turn-judge-ban-sources-article-1.1570493

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Bummer......I was hoping it would swing more in his favor so we could watch that trainwreck all season and cost the Yanks a lot of cash in the process.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/mlb/2014/01/11/alex-rodriguez-suspended-for-2014-season-in-arbitration-announcement/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

If upheld

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I don't know a single friend of mine who is a NYY fan who likes A-Rod, especially the younger ones.  His selfishness is so totally contradictory to the team focus that they grew to enjoy with the likes of Tito, Jorge, Mo, Andy and Jeter, to name a few, that he was unpopular.  So much of the Yanqui treasure was tied up in this guy that they resented it.  Not a one - I would think - it upset that they would have another season w/o him.  The drama isn't over yet, though.  More court time ahead, more distraction from the team they enjoy.

I just can't see this being any help to the over all good health of the team.  He's already thrown everyone under the bus.  How does he think the team will be glad to have him back? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Bummer......I was hoping it would swing more in his favor so we could watch that trainwreck all season and cost the Yanks a lot of cash in the process.....

I had that thought too. Looks like hes done though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

He calls it "injustice", and accuses mlb of beginning a campaign against guaranteed salaries.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Think ahead to 2015.  A year older, and plenty of disruption yet to come.  Money in the bank.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

He calls it "injustice", and accuses mlb of beginning a campaign against guaranteed salaries.

While a campaign against guaranteed salaries isn't a bad idea - ARod being the poster child for this campaign - I don't see it happening. 

This is just ARod's paranoia talking and the spin that results from that paranoia.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm appalled at the AROD hate. We'd all be defending him if he was traded for Manny when the Sox tried to several moons ago...How dare the Sox throw at him...And I can't believe Varitek ever tried to attack him...Finally, what is Bronson upset about, the ball clearly came out of his glove without any help from AROD. It's always AROD this and AROD that, and he's the scapegoat. One of the classiest Yankees ever, certainly belongs in the class of Mantle, Dimaggio, Jeter. They should rescind this suspension and let him play MLB like they did last year. It's all heresay. People are just jealous because he dated some hotties over the years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

If upheld

It will be upheld. The courts do not have jurisdiction over private enterprise work rules like discipline unless a federal law was broken-at least according to two CNN lawyers who said his fight would be an "uphill battle at best". The Yankees can try to void his contract now on the grounds that he was immoral-there is a clause in the collective bargaining agreement that allows for that. If they cannot win that case then they won't have to pay him for next year but have to hang on to what he is owed for the remainder of his contract, so long term commitments are affected.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

The guy deserves every minute of it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A-Rod is the Dennis Rodman of baseball.   LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I'm appalled at the AROD hate. We'd all be defending him if he was traded for Manny when the Sox tried to several moons ago...How dare the Sox throw at him...And I can't believe Varitek ever tried to attack him...Finally, what is Bronson upset about, the ball clearly came out of his glove without any help from AROD. It's always AROD this and AROD that, and he's the scapegoat. One of the classiest Yankees ever, certainly belongs in the class of Mantle, Dimaggio, Jeter. They should rescind this suspension and let him play MLB like they did last year. It's all heresay. People are just jealous because he dated some hotties over the years.

You understand he's not appealing this for himself.  He's doing it for the Union and for future players.  This from his most recent statement:

"No player should have to go through what I have been dealing with, and I am exhausting all options to ensure not only that I get justice, but that players’ contracts and rights are protected through the next round of bargaining, and that the MLB investigation and arbitration process cannot be used against others in the future the way it is currently being used to unjustly punish me."

ARod is a wonderful humanitarian who's spending millions of his own dollars to protect the future players of MLB from this same kind of unjustified persecution.  I don't see why other people don't realize that and get off his back. He's just a regular guy who's trying to protect the rights of others. And yet people hate him.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

MLB and all members of the MLBPA agreed to the arbitration process. They are both bound by the arbitration decision. They agreed to waive court proceedings and have arbitration decide these matters.

It is only for a fundamental flaw that a court would step in. Horowitz is not an idiot. He is smart and far more knowledgable about the agreement than any of us. You can be assured he wanted to have a legitimate basis for his opinion.

We can all agree or disagree with it. I just don’t think AROD has a prayer.

He can be at the minor league camp this spring. In the off hours. A team does, it would seem to me, have the right to protect its players from bad influences.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Your sarcasm is delicious

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Yeah no. We don't like him because he is a Yankee. And yes we know we would like him if he was on the Red Sox.

And I bet Cody Ross gets way hotter chicks.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

If upheld

According to legal experts, it's a hail mary for it to get overturned; including an injunction.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

What to do when you hate ARod and hate the EE?  I was hoping for a 1/2 year.  that punishes ARod while greatly inconveniencing the NYY.  162 games is like a reward to the NYY.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Got .... milked?

Sections
Shortcuts