ARod gets 162 Games

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: ARod gets 162 Games

In response to J-BAY's comment:

< Back to front page Text size  +   A-Rod attorney denies attacking Ortiz Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff   January 14, 2014 07:59 

By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

Red Sox slugger David Ortiz is one of the few major league players to voice support for Alex Rodriguez in recent months.

Ortiz took Rodriguez out for dinner in Boston late last season after the controversial Yankees third baseman was mercilessly booed at Fenway Park. Ortiz even criticized teammate Ryan Dempster for throwing at Rodriguez.

In December, Ortiz invited Rodriguez to his charity event in the Dominican Republic.

So much for that goodwill. On Tuesday, Rodriguez's lead attorney seemed to cast aspersions on Ortiz during an interview with ESPN Radio.

Joe Tacopina said he would not name other players accused of using performance-enhancing drugs, "but some of them are God-like in Boston right now."

The host, Colin Cowherd, did not challenge Tacopina's accusation.

In 2009, the New York Times reported that Ortiz tested positive for an unnamed substance during a 2003 survey test.

Rodriguez was suspended for the entire 2014 season for using PEDs and obstructing an investigation into his use. On Monday, he sued Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association in federal court in an attempt to overturn the ban.

The suit went so far as to criticize MLBPA executive director Michael Weiner, who died in November after a long battle with cancer. Now Ortiz is an apparent target of his legal team.

During the ESPN Radio interview, Tacopina referred to Rodriguez as an "outstanding human being."

Ortiz could not be reached for comment.

UPDATE, 10:45 p.m.: Tacopina, via an email to the Globe, denied he was alluding to Ortiz in his comments. But he would not say who he was referring to.

It is unclear what other Boston athlete fits the description given by Tacopino

Foot in Mouth Sealed

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 8h

Update: A-Rod attorney denies chucking David Ortiz under the bus:

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 12h

The A-Rod Bridge-Burning Tour continues. After besmirching Michael Weiner, his attorney goes after @DavidOrtiz: https://twitter.com/sportswatch/statuses/423135799253544960 

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

12h

Ortiz is one of the few big leaguers to voice support of A-Rod and invited him to his charity event. Now this.Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

12h

It’s 100 percent Alex. They plan this stuff out. He’s been doing it for years. All a strategy

What an outstanding human being 

Taco is the new Johnny Cochran, Amendola, & Rusty Hardin all rolled into one; maybe worse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

"Update: A-Rod attorney denies chucking David Ortiz under the bus:"

Ortiz will do that to himself...He doesnt need any help from Arod or his sleazy a#$ lawyers/entourage :D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

< Back to front page Text size  +   A-Rod attorney denies attacking Ortiz Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff   January 14, 2014 07:59 

By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

Red Sox slugger David Ortiz is one of the few major league players to voice support for Alex Rodriguez in recent months.

Ortiz took Rodriguez out for dinner in Boston late last season after the controversial Yankees third baseman was mercilessly booed at Fenway Park. Ortiz even criticized teammate Ryan Dempster for throwing at Rodriguez.

In December, Ortiz invited Rodriguez to his charity event in the Dominican Republic.

So much for that goodwill. On Tuesday, Rodriguez's lead attorney seemed to cast aspersions on Ortiz during an interview with ESPN Radio.

Joe Tacopina said he would not name other players accused of using performance-enhancing drugs, "but some of them are God-like in Boston right now."

The host, Colin Cowherd, did not challenge Tacopina's accusation.

In 2009, the New York Times reported that Ortiz tested positive for an unnamed substance during a 2003 survey test.

Rodriguez was suspended for the entire 2014 season for using PEDs and obstructing an investigation into his use. On Monday, he sued Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association in federal court in an attempt to overturn the ban.

The suit went so far as to criticize MLBPA executive director Michael Weiner, who died in November after a long battle with cancer. Now Ortiz is an apparent target of his legal team.

During the ESPN Radio interview, Tacopina referred to Rodriguez as an "outstanding human being."

Ortiz could not be reached for comment.

UPDATE, 10:45 p.m.: Tacopina, via an email to the Globe, denied he was alluding to Ortiz in his comments. But he would not say who he was referring to.

It is unclear what other Boston athlete fits the description given by Tacopino

Foot in Mouth Sealed

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 8h

Update: A-Rod attorney denies chucking David Ortiz under the bus:

The A-Rod Bridge-Burning Tour continues. After besmirching Michael Weiner, his attorney goes after @DavidOrtiz: https://twitter.com/sportswatch/statuses/423135799253544960 

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

12h

Ortiz is one of the few big leaguers to voice support of A-Rod and invited him to his charity event. Now this.Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

12h

It’s 100 percent Alex. They plan this stuff out. He’s been doing it for years. All a strategy

What an outstanding human being 

Taco is the new Johnny Cochran, Amendola, & Rusty Hardin all rolled into one; maybe worse.

The greased, slicked back hair, doesn't help. SealedTongue Out 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Funny that I posted this (AROD/Tacopina - Papi) story as it was breaking and the post was deleted within minutes by the mods.

Don't understand.

Just put it out there and let everyone kick it around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Tacopina has vowed to fight this case all the way through the system. As long as ARod keeps paying him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Funny that I posted this (AROD/Tacopina - Papi) story as it was breaking and the post was deleted within minutes by the mods.

Don't understand.

Just put it out there and let everyone kick it around.

I think it depends who sees it, TWM. I posted an article from the Boston Globe today, on the Remy thread, and it was deleted, quickly. I reposted it several hours ago, it's still there. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Tacopina has vowed to fight this case all the way through the system. As long as ARod keeps paying him.

Exactly, gale. What the hell does he care, if A-ROD wants to continues to make an a*# of himself

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 1h

The backlash against A-Rod among players is massive. One player said Rodriguez "needs to be scared of coming back"

View this content on Yahoo Sports's website Sources: MLB Players Association would expel A-Rod – if it could

The Players Association legally can't kick out Alex Rodriguez, but they are incensed that he sued the union and hinted eventually there could be on-field repercussions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

WTG Alex, only you would sue the very people who defend your right to be a tool....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

It looks like Ryan Dempster was ahead of his time, doesn't it?  InnocentLaughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It looks like Ryan Dempster was ahead of his time, doesn't it?  InnocentLaughing

[/QUOTE]

Heh. Makes you wonder what kind of reception will await A-Rod if he manages to hobble back onto the field in 2015.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heh. Makes you wonder what kind of reception will await A-Rod if he manages to hobble back onto the field in 2015.

[/QUOTE]

Opposing bullpen guys could be drawing straws to see who gets to plunk him first.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Opposing bullpen guys could be drawing straws to see who gets to plunk him first.

[/QUOTE]
    Do it on a team by team basis in a silent auction.  Each member of the 'pen puts in a bid and the money goes to charity. Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It takes rather a unique infamous personality when the MLBPA wants to throw you out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

162 games is better than three to five upstate

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

It takes rather a unique infamous personality when the MLBPA wants to throw you out.

which makes me wonder, had it been possible, how could one possibly play the game knowing you would have ZERO backing...rules-wise/discipline-wise etc...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Cause he's really, really dumb

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] which makes me wonder, had it been possible, how could one possibly play the game knowing you would have ZERO backing...rules-wise/discipline-wise etc...

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't put it past him to try.

The question is, will the Yankees pay him enough to go away.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] which makes me wonder, had it been possible, how could one possibly play the game knowing you would have ZERO backing...rules-wise/discipline-wise etc...

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't put it past him to try.

The question is, will the Yankees pay him enough to go away.

[/QUOTE]god, i hope they do!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

which makes me wonder, had it been possible, how could one possibly play the game knowing you would have ZERO backing...rules-wise/discipline-wise etc...

[/QUOTE]

After all he's done, u think he cares?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In all honesty, I think he's delusional.  I truly think he has some mental/emotional issues.  I think he's told the same lies so many times that now HE believes them.  He sees himself as being a victim and he's going to pursue it to the bitter end - and even then he's going to believe he was wronged.

But... I'm not a doctor and ...well... you know the rest. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]LOL...well, no is probably a safe bet....i'm sure his ego would help soldier on, i'm just sayin i would definitely have pause, especially if i had his penchant for winding up in less than above board situations/activities

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]LOL...well, no is probably a safe bet....i'm sure his ego would help soldier on, i'm just sayin i would definitely have pause, especially if i had his penchant for winding up in less than above board situations/activities

[/QUOTE]

You would not have done this

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You would not have done this

[/QUOTE] based on knowing what i know, and upbringing...absolutely not, especially knowing ending up like that would crush the one person that loves the game more than me...no way..