ARod gets 162 Games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: ARod gets 162 Games

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

You use text slang and can't be bothered to use decent grammar or puctuation, yet you're giving other's posting directions?

That's a laugh...

I was referring 2 changing the context

sorry U couldn't keep up & distinguish the difference

''That's a laugh 2 ''

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Plus the PS, which I doubt matters. Expect a court fight.

[/QUOTE]

ARod's suspension will only help the Yankees financially this season.  I think they have a much better chance of finding some solid pitching and making the PS if everyone else pretty much stays healthy and guys like Tex contribute.  The Yankees and their fans don't need anymore ARod drama on or off the field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Many say he's deep down a nice guy and a great teammate; some interviews in the past have hinted at that. But IMO that doesn't excuse the worst behavior (outside of homicide) ever seen in a professional athlete; and that includes Armstrong.

Deep down, I think he feels self loathing, which is why he needed and sought   attention and adoration. The attention he's getting, I guess bad is better than none. The adoration is over. My guess is even the few friends he had in MLB, Ortz among them, are over. He's been his own worst enemy, and has made some new ones.

Agree

Baseball is all he's ever known, loved and identified with. When it's all over, and all is said and done, I think he will self destruct. He's got a long way to go, with a lot to live with. When your only ali is cousin Yuri, well...who BTW, I believe is the one they were referring to, as sending Bosch the threatening email. He's  also the one who introduced Bosch, to AROD

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You use text slang and can't be bothered to use decent grammar or puctuation, yet you're giving other's posting directions?

That's a laugh...

''That's a laugh 2 ''

[/QUOTE]

I know what you meant.

Take a typing class, so folks don't have to spend extra time deciphering the context of your posts.

Or, continue to be lazy. Your choice.

I'm amazed you know where the " key is...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's a laugh...

''That's a laugh 2 ''

[/QUOTE]

I know what you meant.

Take a typing class, so folks don't have to spend extra time deciphering the context of your posts.

[/QUOTE]

U knew what I meant

yet U  still tied my typing style  to my request 2 stop editing the context

what sense does that make

zero

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's a laugh...

''That's a laugh 2 ''

I know what you meant.

[/QUOTE]

U knew what I meant

yet U  still tied my typing style  to my request 2 stop editing the context

what sense does that make

zero

[/QUOTE]

Editing context or indecipherable context.

No difference to me.

Perhaps you'll be more careful with the "hypocrite" label, you throw around...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i kind of like that Arod refers to Ortiz as a god. 

he is, after all, the WS MVP of the 2013 World Champion Boston Red Sox

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

knowing the way kids are/can be, i wonder if he even for a second, considered what his girls might have to go through?Frown

[/QUOTE]

Yep. 

I know this is kinda coarse, but how can ya get a h rd on and truly be thinking about the pain it will cause?

Maybe I am too simple minded.

He broke the contract with his wife.  Would he ever dream of doing that with his baseball contract?

Oh, wait ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

link ?

oops i'm sorry I forgot it was U NC

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Editing context or indecipherable context.

No difference to me.

just wondering

in your opinion is there a difference between an apple & a orange

or do U like/ need  to keep things simple and say they R both fruit?

Perhaps you'll be more careful with the "hypocrite" label, you throw around...

what does that have to do with the above

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

Many say he's deep down a nice guy and a great teammate; some interviews in the past have hinted at that. But IMO that doesn't excuse the worst behavior (outside of homicide) ever seen in a professional athlete; and that includes Armstrong.

Deep down, I think he feels self loathing, which is why he needed and sought   attention and adoration. The attention he's getting, I guess bad is better than none. The adoration is over. My guess is even the few friends he had in MLB, Ortz among them, are over. He's been his own worst enemy, and has made some new ones.

Agree

Baseball is all he's ever known, loved and identified with. When it's all over, and all is said and done, I think he will self destruct. He's got a long way to go, with a lot to live with. When your only ali is cousin Yuri, well...who BTW, I believe is the one they were referring to, as sending Bosch the threatening email. He's  also the one who introduced Bosch, to AROD

[/QUOTE]

The threats were supposedly from this guy

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/shadow-behind-a-rod-bosch-yankee-met-goon-oggi-article-1.1578649

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Agree

The threats were supposedly from this guy

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/shadow-behind-a-rod-bosch-yankee-met-goon-oggi-article-1.1578649

Couldn't open the link, but 60 minutes said he was a long time known close associate of AROD inner circle. Oggi and Yuri....thugs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Alex Rodriguez's supposed goon Jorge 'Oggi' Velazquez allegedly delivered cash and threats to Anthony Bosch Velazquez, a former liquor store owner who later operated his own now-defunct anti-aging clinic called the Boca Body Rejuvenation Center, has a criminal record that stretches back more than 20 years and includes arrests on charges of grand theft, drug offenses and burglary.

His most recent arrest came on Dec. 10, after a domestic violence incident with his live-in girlfriend. Velazquez was arrested on charges of domestic battery by strangulation and simple battery. Documents from the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office say prosecutors dropped the case because the victim refused to cooperate with authorities.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/shadow-behind-a-rod-bosch-yankee-met-goon-oggi-article-1.1578649#ixzz2qPul5bZ

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

Alex Rodriguez's supposed goon Jorge 'Oggi' Velazquez allegedly delivered cash and threats to Anthony Bosch Velazquez, a former liquor store owner who later operated his own now-defunct anti-aging clinic called the Boca Body Rejuvenation Center, has a criminal record that stretches back more than 20 years and includes arrests on charges of grand theft, drug offenses and burglary.

His most recent arrest came on Dec. 10, after a domestic violence incident with his live-in girlfriend. Velazquez was arrested on charges of domestic battery by strangulation and simple battery. Documents from the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office say prosecutors dropped the case because the victim refused to cooperate with authorities.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/shadow-behind-a-rod-bosch-yankee-met-goon-oggi-article-1.1578649#ixzz2qPul5bZ

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Oggi V took lessons from George Zimmerman.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

If AROD doesn't get his way, can we expect him to start ratting out his PED-buddies, with more NYY scandals to follow.  I suspect Clemens can star squirming now.

Why go back in time with info they already have? There's a bench full of current players that gets added to every season.

While ARod is the PED Poster boy. for the most part, this is no more or less true than for any other team; more fantastical misinformation.

Perhaps you forgot the Schilling story, and the guys abruptly thrown out of the RS clubhouse. Alas, there's a few guys on the RS (Bagwell included) that WON'T make the HOF. And if you think Nomar was clean, well...

Those who live in glass houses, as they say.

[/QUOTE]

They didn't work in the clubhouse, they were security guards. Jarad Remy, was one of them. It had nothing to do with rumored dealings at Fenway, it was Golds Gym.

[/QUOTE]

That's true. Thanks for posting that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

you know this got me thinking....it really must kill the yankees fans that a higher percentage of users are usually current or former yankees players. 

does cashman have anything to do with ped use for his players?

was it steinbrenner?  "cut that d@mn hair and shave your face!  here take some of these"

is it the trainer?  maybe they need a new trainer.

[/QUOTE]

And they seem to know which ones to hire mid-season to help the team. Just sayin'.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

[QUOTE]

guess mr henry didn't like my last post

LOL...you certainly got the mods' attention, Zac...

[/QUOTE]

Like the rest of us as seen all over the board in many threads. Let's not feel bad for him. Maybe he's just not used to it. Considering he's a Yankee fan supporting ARod, and bashing Ortiz on a Sox board, I don't find it unusual at all. All the comments about ARod are not being posted on a Yankee board.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

< Back to front page Text size  +   A-Rod attorney denies attacking Ortiz Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff   January 14, 2014 07:59 

By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

Red Sox slugger David Ortiz is one of the few major league players to voice support for Alex Rodriguez in recent months.

Ortiz took Rodriguez out for dinner in Boston late last season after the controversial Yankees third baseman was mercilessly booed at Fenway Park. Ortiz even criticized teammate Ryan Dempster for throwing at Rodriguez.

In December, Ortiz invited Rodriguez to his charity event in the Dominican Republic.

So much for that goodwill. On Tuesday, Rodriguez's lead attorney seemed to cast aspersions on Ortiz during an interview with ESPN Radio.

Joe Tacopina said he would not name other players accused of using performance-enhancing drugs, "but some of them are God-like in Boston right now."

The host, Colin Cowherd, did not challenge Tacopina's accusation.

In 2009, the New York Times reported that Ortiz tested positive for an unnamed substance during a 2003 survey test.

Rodriguez was suspended for the entire 2014 season for using PEDs and obstructing an investigation into his use. On Monday, he sued Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association in federal court in an attempt to overturn the ban.

The suit went so far as to criticize MLBPA executive director Michael Weiner, who died in November after a long battle with cancer. Now Ortiz is an apparent target of his legal team.

During the ESPN Radio interview, Tacopina referred to Rodriguez as an "outstanding human being."

Ortiz could not be reached for comment.

UPDATE, 10:45 p.m.: Tacopina, via an email to the Globe, denied he was alluding to Ortiz in his comments. But he would not say who he was referring to.

It is unclear what other Boston athlete fits the description given by Tacopino

Foot in Mouth Sealed

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 8h

Update: A-Rod attorney denies chucking David Ortiz under the bus:

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 12h

The A-Rod Bridge-Burning Tour continues. After besmirching Michael Weiner, his attorney goes after @DavidOrtiz: https://twitter.com/sportswatch/statuses/423135799253544960 

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

12h

Ortiz is one of the few big leaguers to voice support of A-Rod and invited him to his charity event. Now this.Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

12h

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 12h

It’s 100 percent Alex. They plan this stuff out. He’s been doing it for years. All a strategy

What an outstanding human being 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

UPDATE, 10:45 p.m.: Tacopina, via an email to the Globe, denied he was alluding to Ortiz in his comments. But he would not say who he was referring to.

Foot in Mouth

[/QUOTE]
    Whatever shred of credibility Tacopina had is now gone.  If he has something to say about someone he should step up and say it.  Otherwise he should keep his mouth shut.  ARod is doing an admirable job of burning his bridges without the help from his attorney.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Foot in Mouth

Whatever shred of credibility Tacopina had is now gone.  If he has something to say about someone he should step up and say it.  Otherwise he should keep his mouth shut.  ARod is doing an admirable job of burning his bridges without the help from his attorney.

HIGH 5!!

Thing is, it's nothing new. Just digging up the past, and throwing a friend under the bus, to help himself. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

link ?

[/QUOTE]

really zac?  still with the name calling?  cant keep up with the thread?  the link is to your brain.  you and your MFY buddies posted tacopina's comment about god.  where did taco get this supposed information from.?  his client perhaps.  who's his client?  a+b=c. 

you are such a grouch.  go get laid or something.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

link ?

[/QUOTE]

really zac?  still with the name calling?  cant keep up with the thread?  the link is to your brain.  you and your MFY buddies posted tacopina's comment about god.  where did taco get this supposed information from.?  his client perhaps.  who's his client?  a+b=c. 

you are such a grouch.  go get laid or something.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he'll be in a better mood if the Yankees pick up Tanaka.

He's been pizzy since the Sox won it all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

If AROD doesn't get his way, can we expect him to start ratting out his PED-buddies, with more NYY scandals to follow.  I suspect Clemens can star squirming now.

Why go back in time with info they already have? There's a bench full of current players that gets added to every season.

While ARod is the PED Poster boy. for the most part, this is no more or less true than for any other team; more fantastical misinformation.

Perhaps you forgot the Schilling story, and the guys abruptly thrown out of the RS clubhouse. Alas, there's a few guys on the RS (Bagwell included) that WON'T make the HOF. And if you think Nomar was clean, well...

Those who live in glass houses, as they say.

They didn't work in the clubhouse, they were security guards. Jarad Remy, was one of them. It had nothing to do with rumored dealings at Fenway, it was Golds Gym.

That's true. Thanks for posting that.

The fact that it's security guards linked to Gold's Gym is not much of a difference, and is arguably more damning. Recall your recent gobbledyguk comment regarding trainers.

25. This post has been removed.