AROD in the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotrod2. Show hotrod2's posts

AROD in the playoffs

I think we all would agree that A-Rod has been pretty terrible.
    But I'm, more or less, just a casual observer.
    I'd like to hear from some of you more knowledgeable folks.....
    Is it that his timing is off? Is he still injured? Is he just done?
    No fan has ever seen A-Rod look this bad at the plate. He's missing 91mph
    fastballs. He's taking called strikes at an alarming rate. He hasn't hit a home run
    in what seems like ages.
    Is A-Rod a has-been or is he just going through a post-injury slump?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: AROD in the playoffs

Do you see some similarity with AGon????

If the Yankees want to move him and pay 1/2 his salary---I'd take a flyer and not resign Ortiz---let him DH the rest of his career withh the Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Yankees want to move him and pay 1/2 his salary---I'd take a flyer and not resign Ortiz---let him DH the rest of his career withh the Sox.

[/QUOTE]Not at all. Agon is still in his prime while Arod has moved well past his. Arod has never performed up to regular season stats in the postseason. A lot of attention has been given to Arod for his playoff performance with little or no mention of Swisher.  That said my #3 hitter for every game would be Cano.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Not at all. Agon is still in his prime while Arod has moved well past his. Arod has never performed up to regular season stats in the postseason. A lot of attention has been given to Arod for his playoff performance with little or no mention of Swisher.  That said my #3 hitter for every game would be Cano.

[/QUOTE]
    Agree with you.  Arod needs to be moved out of the 3rd spot.  He hasn't been very good and moving him down in the batting order gives the Yankees a better chance to win games. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Agree with you.  Arod needs to be moved out of the 3rd spot.  He hasn't been very good and moving him down in the batting order gives the Yankees a better chance to win games. 

[/QUOTE]I will go a step further. Against right handed pitchers Arod is benched. Chavez is my 3rd. baseman and the lefty they got from Philly is my DH.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He had a TERRIBLE career in the playoffs up to the last WS run in 2009, when he actually did very well: .365 avg, 1.308 Ops(!), 6 HR, 18 RBI. He was the driving force for a championship. People around here would still give Drew credit for 1 HR in a WS.

2010 and 2011 were bad...but he's freakin 37 now. He hit .270 on the season, he's not the same player he once was.

At this point, he's a has been. A lot of PEDs are out of baseball, guys in their late-30s are not people who are going to lead your team.

As a Sox fan...he's basically irrelevant to me now.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I think A-Rod's girlfriend, Torrie Wilson is being a distraction.   lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good grief. If I was a woman, no way Id want to be seen with him. He just looks whipped, and I dont mean his performance on the field, although that is usually bad enough in the PS. See "Cameron Diaz; popcorn" for example. Its probably why all of them eventually move on to better things. He fancies himself a stud, but its closer to the truth to say--like most men that chase women--hes simply not man enough to keep one woman and make her happy. Its called "limited ability", look it up. So in that way, you may be exactly right, and if so, I say let the distraction go on for two more games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good grief. If I was a woman, no way Id want to be seen with him. He just looks whipped, and I dont mean his performance on the field, although that is usually bad enough in the PS. See "Cameron Diaz; popcorn" for example.

[/QUOTE]

Tough loss last night, exam. Bailey looked great again. thought the Giants may  be swept back to SF. Tough to sweep, more so in the PS.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will go a step further. Against right handed pitchers Arod is benched. Chavez is my 3rd. baseman and the lefty they got from Philly is my DH.

greetings HH

while I don't agree, I think the playing chavez over arod argument has more merit

other than the L R L R thing I'm not a big line up guy

I think a players mojo is more important

that's not to say I don't agree with

sometimes you move a guy trying to get him better pitches

[/QUOTE]I know you're an Arod fan and I also know you understand this game more than most. I agree Arod has the ability to carry the yanks. What I see from Arod now is a talented hitter who has lost confidence and is aging before our eyes. Chavez imo, especially at YS is a better option right now. As for defense Chavez is hands down the better defensive 3rd. baseman. The only downside I see of benching Arod in favor of Chavez is that it could totally strip him of what little confidence he has remaining. Either way Cano is my 3 hole hitter every game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good grief. If I was a woman, no way Id want to be seen with him. He just looks whipped, and I dont mean his performance on the field, although that is usually bad enough in the PS. See "Cameron Diaz; popcorn" for example.

[/QUOTE]

Tough loss last night, exam. Bailey looked great again. thought the Giants may  be swept back to SF. Tough to sweep, more so in the PS.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Bailey is really starting to turn a corner. Very confident these days. But thanks to no hitting, baserunning blunders, and poor defense at the wrong time, now theyre in a tough spot because we dont know who will pitch today. Because of Cueto, its either Latos or Leake. If its Latos, hes going on three days rest for the second start in a row, and if he loses, you have Arroyo for the deciding game, and they were trying to keep him as a road pitcher. If you go with Leake, he hasnt pitched in 11 days, is a number 5 starter, and someone has to be taken off the roster to make room for him. Whoever it is will not be eligible to play in the NLCS if they advance. So do you take Cueto off the roster? Hes not THAT hurt, but cant pitch just now either. Alfredo Simon might be the one they take off, but that weakens their pen slighty. They crapped in their nest big time with that one last night. THAT is what I was talking about with the hitting. They can be simply abysmal sometimes, and the more a ragarm the pitcher is, the worse they are. I have big concerns here. Hopefully they can win today and regroup with Latos ready for game 1. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes. And now theyre in a tough spot because we dont know who will pitch today. Because of Cueto, itls either Latos or Leake. If its Latos, hes going on three days rest for the second start in a row, amd if he loses, you have Arroyo for the deciding game, and they were trying to keep him as a road pitcher. If you go with Leake, he hasnt pitched in 11 days, is a number 5 starter, and someone has to be taken off the roster to make room for him. Whoever it is will not be eligible to play in the NLCS if they advance. So do you take Cueto off the roster? Hes not THAT hurt, but ant pitch either. Alfredo Simon might be the one they take off, but hat weakens their pen slighty. They crapped in their nest big time with that one last night. THAT is what I was talking about with the hitting. They an be simply abysmal sometimes, and the more a ragarm the pitcher is, the worse they are. I have big concerns here. Hopefully they can win today and regroup.

[/QUOTE]

OTOH, may help to keep playing without too much time off. Every team has games they can't hit. Not like the Giants were hitting the cover off the ball, either. Good pitching usually beats good hitting. Detroit couldnt scratch across a run with their lineup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes. And now theyre in a tough spot because we dont know who will pitch today. Because of Cueto, itls either Latos or Leake. If its Latos, hes going on three days rest for the second start in a row, amd if he loses, you have Arroyo for the deciding game, and they were trying to keep him as a road pitcher. If you go with Leake, he hasnt pitched in 11 days, is a number 5 starter, and someone has to be taken off the roster to make room for him. Whoever it is will not be eligible to play in the NLCS if they advance. So do you take Cueto off the roster? Hes not THAT hurt, but ant pitch either. Alfredo Simon might be the one they take off, but hat weakens their pen slighty. They crapped in their nest big time with that one last night. THAT is what I was talking about with the hitting. They an be simply abysmal sometimes, and the more a ragarm the pitcher is, the worse they are. I have big concerns here. Hopefully they can win today and regroup.

[/QUOTE]

OTOH, may help to keep playing without too much time off. Every team has games they can't hit. Not like the Giants were hitting the cover off the ball, either. Good pitching usually beats good hitting. Detroit couldnt scratch across a run with their lineup.

[/QUOTE]

Well, thats the way Im trying to look at it. But 16 strikeouts for Reds pitching, and still a loss last night. My concern is SF hitters will be awakened somewhat by the idea they have a chance. I guess we will see what the Reds are made of in the next game or two. Leake can be a very good pitcher, but like any young number 5, he can sputter at times. We will see at 4 pm today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

But that shows how good that staff is over there. Bailey is actually the number 4 pitcher. Something huh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Just came through: Leake replaces Cueto on the roster. That means no Cueto in the NLCS. that sucks, puts a big question mark on the whole thing now. Somebody is going to have to man up and take his place. Stl. just had the same trouble with Garcia, so that may mean its better for the Reds to play them in the next round, but who knows.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

Just came through: Leake replaces Cueto on the roster. That means no Cueto in the NLCS. that sucks, puts a big question mark on the whole thing now. Somebody is going to have to man up and take his place. Stl. just had the same trouble with Garcia, so that may mean its better for the Reds to play them in the next round, but who knows.

[/QUOTE]

If he cant pitch close too 100%, better to pass and go with another. PS is all about the pitching. Dont think the Reds would have any trouble with the Cards, but they always seem to have more luck than any other team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If he cant pitch close too 100%, better to pass and go with another. PS is all about the pitching. Dont think the Reds would have any trouble with the Cards, but they always seem to have more luck than any other team.

[/QUOTE]

Baker said the meds told him the most Cueto could pitch in the next round was one game, so they thought it was more important to get there first, amd have Latos ready for a game 5 or game 1. I feel like the Reds would beat the Cards too, but you never know, and like NYY/Sox, its a terrible risk to have to deal with!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Baker said the meds told him the most Cueto could pitch in the next round was one game, so they thought it was more important to get there first. I feel like the Reds would beat the Cards too, but you never know, and like NYY/Sox, its a terrible risk to have to deal with!

[/QUOTE]

Can't win if you dont play.  Nothing better than beating them, nothing worse than losing to them. Double edged sword, no doubt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Coco Crisp robbed Fielder of a homer last night.  

Anderson threw six shutout innings.  If it was Dice-K, I bet he would have given up six runs by the second inning.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Whether A-Rod delivers in the playoffs or not, he is still making $33 million this year with the Yankees.  He is one lucky son of a b***h.   LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

Anderson threw six shutout innings.  If it was Dice-K, I bet he would have given up six runs by the second inning.  

[/QUOTE]

Good for Coco. Felt bad for him when he dropped that pop fly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good for Coco. Felt bad for him when he dropped that pop fly.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you--I felt bad for him too.  

His misplay led the Tigers to score two runs. 

But Coco made it up the next day with that awesome catch.    :)

Sections
Shortcuts