2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: AROD in the playoffs

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just came through: Leake replaces Cueto on the roster. That means no Cueto in the NLCS. that sucks, puts a big question mark on the whole thing now. Somebody is going to have to man up and take his place. Stl. just had the same trouble with Garcia, so that may mean its better for the Reds to play them in the next round, but who knows.

[/QUOTE]

If he cant pitch close too 100%, better to pass and go with another. PS is all about the pitching. Dont think the Reds would have any trouble with the Cards, but they always seem to have more luck than any other team.

[/QUOTE]

Baker said the meds told him the most Cueto could pitch in the next round was one game, so they thought it was more important to get there first, amd have Latos ready for a game 5 or game 1. I feel like the Reds would beat the Cards too, but you never know, and like NYY/Sox, its a terrible risk to have to deal with!

[/QUOTE]

I hope Cueto's OK in the long run; he's on my fantasy team, LOL

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to FenwayJimmy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why isn't this thread over here?

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/all-those-other-teams/100/1410

[/QUOTE]

Because we didnt feel like going all the way over there pike. That page isnt even in my favorites to click on, and Im sure as heck not going to navigate all the way over there---and tell everyone else to do the same--just to post a couple messages abut the Reds. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/all-those-other-teams/100/1410

[/QUOTE]

Because we didnt feel like going all the way over there pike. That page isnt even in my favorites to click on, and Im sure as heck not going to navigate all the way over there---and tell everyone else to do the same--just to post a couple messages abut the Reds. 

[/QUOTE]

and this forum is so busy these days, cant afford a few more posts;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

I think apart from the injury, he is in a continued decline from which he will not emerge unless he reengages with Cousin Yuri.

Apart from that, I think he continues to struggle with the effects of the injury, which have reduced his batspeed.  As a correlated effect of the bat speed, he is guessing more.

I would not expect a power surge to return this October.  He still can be a useful hitter, but he does not belong in the middle of the lineup.  Let's see if The Binder has the balls to drop him down to the 6 or 7 hole.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Reds are trying like heck to be the first NL team to blow a 2-0 nlds lead. Figured theyd lose game 4. After last year and the Sox, we dont need this J.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Reds are trying like heck to be the first NL team to blow a 2-0 nlds lead. Figured theyd lose game 4. After last year and the Sox, we dont need this J.

[/QUOTE]

They're just trying to make it interesting ;) doubt they lose 3 straight. Nats arent looking great either and they had the best record in BB I think.. PS is a season unto itself. complete crapshoot. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They're just trying to make it interesting ;) doubt they lose 3 straight. Nats arent looking great either and they had the best record in BB I think.. PS is a season unto itself. complete crapshoot. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hoping Latos saves the day tommorow. He will probably pitch well, but he better go 4-4 with 4 GS because no one else is hitting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotrod2. Show hotrod2's posts

A-Rod's 2012 was worse than anyone could have imagined. 
    If A-Rod is now an under-20 homeruns/year guy, he's just a shade above useless. He can run a bit. He's a good third baseman. But he brings nothing special. He's no longer the lithe defensive whiz. He no longer has the speed to steal 30+ bases. What made A-Rod so great was his combination of defense, speed, and power. Take away the power, and he's Charlie Hayes. Not terrible. But that's the best you could say.
    At this point, Eric Chavez is a MUCH better player and, ironically, Chavez may be no more injury-prone than A-Rod. A-Rod's been no "Iron Man" over the past few seasons, that's for sure.
      No offense to the Charlie Hayes-es of the game, but if A-Rod spends the next several seasons  doing what he did in 2012, he's going to be a miserable player who drags down his team and destroys whatever remaining good feeling there is towards him in the eyes of the public.
    Even though he's spent most of his career seeming to be a selfish player and a pompous jerk, we've really seen nothing but glowing reports of late on A-Rod's work ethic and clubhouse presence. 
    But.........
    Whatever happens, A-Rod's contract will stand, for all time, as a symbol of why giving any 30+ player a 10 year contract is insane.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you see some similarity with AGon????

If the Yankees want to move him and pay 1/2 his salary---I'd take a flyer and not resign Ortiz---let him DH the rest of his career withh the Sox.

[/QUOTE]Not at all. Agon is still in his prime while Arod has moved well past his. Arod has never performed up to regular season stats in the postseason. A lot of attention has been given to Arod for his playoff performance with little or no mention of Swisher.  That said my #3 hitter for every game would be Cano.

[/QUOTE]
    Agree with you.  Arod needs to be moved out of the 3rd spot.  He hasn't been very good and moving him down in the batting order gives the Yankees a better chance to win games. 

[/QUOTE]I will go a step further. Against right handed pitchers Arod is benched. Chavez is my 3rd. baseman and the lefty they got from Philly is my DH.

[/QUOTE]
    You were right about Ibanez.  He will probably be in the lineup more often when Arod is struggling.  He was really the difference maker last night. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you see some similarity with AGon????

If the Yankees want to move him and pay 1/2 his salary---I'd take a flyer and not resign Ortiz---let him DH the rest of his career withh the Sox.

[/QUOTE]Not at all. Agon is still in his prime while Arod has moved well past his. Arod has never performed up to regular season stats in the postseason. A lot of attention has been given to Arod for his playoff performance with little or no mention of Swisher.  That said my #3 hitter for every game would be Cano.

[/QUOTE]
    Agree with you.  Arod needs to be moved out of the 3rd spot.  He hasn't been very good and moving him down in the batting order gives the Yankees a better chance to win games. 

[/QUOTE]I will go a step further. Against right handed pitchers Arod is benched. Chavez is my 3rd. baseman and the lefty they got from Philly is my DH.

[/QUOTE]
    You were right about Ibanez.  He will probably be in the lineup more often when Arod is struggling.  He was really the difference maker last night. 

[/QUOTE]Ibanez swing is taylor made for YS. As for Arod I would start him at 3rd. tonight for the simple reason it's not an elimination game for the Yanks and they need to get him untracked. Ibanez DH's against righties for as long as the Yanks are in this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I give A-Rod a lot of credit for accepting Ibanez to pitch-hit for him.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A-Rod is 1-11 with seven Ks in this series. Good move by Girardi to pinch hit for him last night.

[/QUOTE]

I think A-Rod is distracted by his girlfriend's (Torrie Wilson) hot looks.  LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotrod2. Show hotrod2's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A-Rod is 1-11 with seven Ks in this series. Good move by Girardi to pinch hit for him last night.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He needs to call Kate Hudson and apologize and get his career back on track

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

the only pleasure i have right now is watching yankees fans have to root for a-rod.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to hotrod2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He needs to call Kate Hudson and apologize and get his career back on track[/QUOTE]

ummm....no....he needs to call his cousin to get back on track.....

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to hotrod2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He needs to call Kate Hudson and apologize and get his career back on track[/QUOTE]

I would take Kate Hudson over Torrie Wilson.  But I guess A-Rod will disagree with me.   LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

Believe me. Arod is slumping and is not worth the 32 million per year but watch him win tonights game.

[/QUOTE]"watch him win tonights game"

He had a chance in the 8th. All he needed was a simply fly ball to the outfield, but he K'd once again. Why he wasn't hit for with the game on the line makes you wonder. I was expecting someone coming off the bench and laying down a bunt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Believe me. Arod is slumping and is not worth the 32 million per year but watch him win tonights game.

[/QUOTE]"watch him win tonights game"

He had a chance in the 8th. All he needed was a simply fly ball to the outfield, but he K'd once again. Why he wasn't hit for with the game on the line makes you wonder. I was expecting someone coming off the bench and laying down a bunt.

[/QUOTE]

A-Rod was booed by over 50,000 fans after he struck out with runners in scoring position.  LOL

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

ESPN reports that NYY coaching staff after watching film claims ARod needs more than a minor mechanical slump adjustment; that he in fact has BIG HOLES in his swing.

Buster Olney also observed that ARod looks UGLY & Helpless vs RHers throwing 88-90.

Imagine what kind of player he'll be in 2017; a bargain at his salary.

Sections
Shortcuts